It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bin Laden Tape, Political Motivations?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Oh, it's already been sent. Next time, do your name-calling and hurl your threats in the public for all to see, not in some U2U.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

bin Laden is not all that important. What is important is killing the enemy, no matter the particular names, by the bushel, pardon the pun.

Bin Laden, the supposed perpetrator of 9/11 is not ALL THAT IMPORTANT?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
For the rest of those on this thread, here is the u2u sent to Hamilton:

"I strongly caution you not to call me a liar again. You will be finding yourself unable to log onto ATS for a few days if you do. On a personal note, I'll say this; it is cowardly to call someone a liar on a board and not in person. "

By the way, Hamilton, this doesn't mean just me. Do not call anyone a liar on the board. And, to make it clear, it is very cowardly. To call someone a liar or to in any other manner call into question their ethics would cause you to back up your words with fists if you were to do it in person, and you know this.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
And it's just as cowardly to threaten to beat somoene up in real life because you don't approve of the stance they take on a msg board

Please don't try to egg me on, you wanted to resort to personal attacks and threats when I was having a discussion and responding to your points, so I ask that you don't say anything to me again until the administrators deal with the situation. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
We're seeing Osama again, in color, he exists, he's alive, WE STILL HAVE TO GO GET HIM.
THEREFORE vote Bush.

Hehe, and Bush will spend four more years being "not that preoccupied" with him.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
dg, what I'm saying is that the war itself is more important than a man who spends 99% of his time in hiding, trying to keep his own hide intact. There was moreto bin Laden's plan, their was the fact that his "troops" weren't on the run at the time, his logistics and financial pipeline was unhindered and the major fact that we were sucker-punched after years of intelligence cuts.
While we keep up the pressure all over the world, including places where we as John Q. Public don't even know about, bin Laden isn't as important. I'm sure we will get him, whether it is now or a year from now isn't the issue. We are no longer asleep.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ok Thomas very strong words.

Now as for the bin-laden tape I will say that it does looks like was made with political motivations.

I see it as "lets give the American people a taste of bin-laden, alive and well so they can feel intimidated,"

I think the whole tape was a hoax.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hamilton, shut up. Notice how the flow is going, pal. The rest of us are discussing the issues without calling anyone a liar. If you'd like to discuss rationally, feel free. If you cannot, turn off. This is your last warning.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Politically motivated, no doubt, but for what side? It can be argued that both sides can benefit.

By the way, Marg, put on the black dress while holding the head! That would be your sexiest look yet!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Has anyone thought that maybe we dont want Bin Ladin? If we have someone that gets info, such as Bin Ladin would get, that then we have access to this information?

How many terror attacks have we PREVENTED?

Al Qaeda wouldnt advertise a failure, the US wouldnt advertise how it blocked an attack and give away its methods.

Therefore , since Al Jezzera sent the tape and they are scumbags, I think it is real. I very well think there could be a hidden trigger....We can not block it as we do not control the broadcast..

Code orange soon....I had a thread about it and the mods moved to dreams? Biased maybe?

This is going to be a rough few days...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Interesting....

A taped confession by a subdued Ossama. Minus the ever present AK-47 and battle fatigues.

Right after al-Zarqawi claimed he was the new leader of al-Qaeda.

And by the way... the Gov't has openly admitted they cannot authenticate the tape! Just heard it on the radio.

If he ever turns up in custody, this is the tape they will use at his trial.

I doubt we will ever see that.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
By the way, Marg, put on the black dress while holding the head! That would be your sexiest look yet!

Sorry Thomas, not black dress with that pic, is supoused to be the nice killer wife.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Due to the heated nature of this discussion I have moved this thread to the Political Debate forum.

Try to focus on the topic and not make things personal.

Above all. Have a nice day!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
And by the way... the Gov't has openly admitted they cannot authenticate the tape! Just heard it on the radio.

Everything I've read states it was authenticated to be UBL. Here's the latest (7:11PM EST) from MSNBC.com:

White House press secretary Scott McClellan said U.S. intelligence analysts, who were reviewing the tape, believed that the message was authentic and had been produced recently.

Here is an interesting paragraph further down:

Bin Laden admits setbacks
U.S. officials told NBC News that in parts of the tape not aired by Al-Jazeera, bin Laden acknowledges that the recent Afghan elections were not a success for him because �they came off with minimal violence.� And he admits that �aggressive Pakistani operations� in South Waziristan, where he is believed to be hiding, have hurt his operations.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Due to the heated nature of this discussion I have moved this thread to the Political Debate forum.

Try to focus on the topic and not make things personal.

Above all. Have a nice day!

UM, not disagreeing with you but isn't this forum restricted for just this reason? I guess I'm more wondering where the line is than anything else because I know we had trouble with the mudpit earlier and I thought that's why it became restricted.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
How many terror attacks have we PREVENTED?

Code orange soon....I had a thread about it and the mods moved to dreams? Biased maybe?

This is going to be a rough few days...

The Problem is WHO KNOWS??? I personally think Bush would jump all over it if something was Prevented, This would back him 120% as to the job he is doing. The problem also arises that If they come out and say "Hey look what we did" you know everyone will jump all over it saying it was staged. Its a win-lose situation, catch 22, whatever ya wanna call it.

I have been informed from someone in the Know that the Threat Level will not be raised over the weekend, unless something overly substantial come up, but may be raised on Monday in prelude to election day, just to be extrs vigilant.

And can we all Please Stick to Topic.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
Everything I've read states it was authenticated to be UBL.

Not quite.

I also checked ABC and they also use weasel language.

... The Bush administration said Friday it believes the videotape was authentic and had been made recently...

So both sources say that officials BELIEVE it is authentic.

Is their belief good enough for you? What's the proof?

Also it's very interesting that they put this on their site...

Osama bin Laden speaks in this image made from an undated video broadcast on Friday, Oct. 29, 2004 by Arab television station Al-Jazeera.
Al-Jazeera, based in Qatar, did not say how it had received the tape.
Al-Jazeera broadcast about one minute of the tape.

So how did ABC get a complete copy of the 18-minute tape to put on the air?

Why would Al-Jazeera give up an exclusive like that?

EDIT: forgot link abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 10/29/2004 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Gools,
ABC Aired the video in its entirety???? Are you sure you are not confused with the "Adam the American" tape, which is almost 75 minutes long?

And from my understanding Al-Jazeera Aired the entire thing

[edit on 29-10-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Gools,
ABC Aired the video in its entirety???? Are you sure you are not confused with the "Adam the American" tape, which is almost 75 minutes long?

And from my understanding Al-Jazeera Aired the entire thing

[edit on 29-10-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

I didn't see the ABC broadcast. Those points I quoted were right off the ABC site so I don't know what to think. Didn't they "break this story" in the US?

I'm very confused about what, when and where things were broadcast. Tapes are usually delivered to Al-Jazeera so they MUST have broadcast it first.

I still question where the full lenght copie came from.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Gools,

ABC Aired Segments and reported on a video featuring "Adam" the American on Thursday Night, They Broke this one, but this video still has not been showed in its entirety. This one warned of threats to the US and the streets would be filled with blood....etc. This tape was handed to ABC in Pakistan
, yup Pakistan.

Al-Jazeera Aired the OBL video at 4PM EST today, FOX News Picked it up Very Quick, but did not have any information till about 4:20PM or so. A transcript was made from the Airing on Al-Jazeera, and the full video has yet to be seen anywhere else, for Obvious Reasons I hope...

<< 1  2    4 >>

join