It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Sci-Fi Movie Prompted This Strange Dream ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Please read this and tell me where you have seen this dream played out in a movie. I have ruled out all other options. I considered diet , time of day when food was consumed, any controlled substances that may have been ingested which are none, conversation on line or elsewhere that may have taken place that day, I don't play video games, perhaps even reading something on line and all of these other factors have been ruled out so the the most logical conclusion is that this dream came from a movie. Please read the details and if any movie comes to mind , please let me know.

The dream started with a very futuristic psi-fi scene in utter chaos. Everyone was in survival mode, but not like what you hear about today. There was no green left. It was all dirt or concrete and buildings. But, it was all very futuristic. The things that the most poor and common among us had in their possession was still more advanced and more valuable than what all of us have today. But in the dream, you could still tell who was struggling and who had wealth. Anyway, all I recall from this part is that there was a feeling of rush, excitement and competition. I knew I had to be somewhere and was fighting off other people trying to prevent me from getting there. That was the bulk of the dream.

There was a sense of running out of time and just an overall feeling of rushing. Everything was happening super fast. All of a sudden, I am standing in a very large grey metallic room in front of some kind of white computerized panel and I see this man zoom up on a floating motorcycle type vehicle. I know him. He is on my team. We are partners. He is wearing an outfit like a race car driver and at first , I was upset with him for being late.He was smiling and excited and asked "How was yours?" I told him it was crazy, but I finished it. While we were talking, I was pushing buttons on this computer panel and was being prompted by the screen to update as I had just completed a level.

I was prompted to pick a planet , an avatar and a circumstance. The more difficult, the better the reward. I am a very competitive person in real life and in the dream, I picked what felt like to me was another hard one. My team mate wanted us to do it together this time , but I said that we can get more done if we do two separate ones each time because our scores combined would put us on top. So, I again, chose the option for one player then hopped on the back of his motorcycle and we zoomed into a whirlwind tunnel type of thing. And that was it.

Like I said, it's very psy-fi so I am wondering what movie this was from that prompted this dream.
edit on 6-2-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Sounds like a cross between Tron, Hunger Games, and The Game

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Fonzie ....and Suzie Quatro (or Evil K) doing the bus jump.

or...perhaps the news about the school bus driver and kidnapped boy triggered it. As you said it was "It was all dirt or concrete and buildings". Perhaps a 'mother' mood, to save and capture him yourself but you couldn't get there.

edit on 6-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Why is it homoerotic ? I'm a woman .

Maybe YOU are the one with the fantasies . There's nothing sexual about this thread.

Sick.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamebard
Sounds like a cross between Tron, Hunger Games, and The Game

Never seen any of those movies.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

No. I'm in my 30's so I don't. This dream was before the school bus thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Thank you to those who actually answered my question as opposed to going off on some pervert induced snark.

Disgusting

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by DaTroof

Why is it homoerotic ? I'm a woman .

May YOU are the one with the fantasies . There's nothing sexual about this thread.

Sick.

My mistake, I thought you were male.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
oh, then the only sci fi movie I can recall that is similar is Road Warrior or some (more recent) Zombie movie that involve motorcycles.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

A Boy and His Dog

A Boy and His Dog is a cycle of narratives by science fiction author Harlan Ellison. The cycle tells the story of a boy (Vic) and his uniquely telepathic dog (Blood), who work together as a team in the post-apocalyptic world.

link   
That sounds like an amalgamation of several movies ! Escape from New York , Blade Runner,In Time,and Tron.....

Interesting dream !
Thanks for sharing

link   
reply to post by dianashay

I didn't see those either. I'll figure it out. I kind of want to see the movie that triggered it, because I kind of thought it was cool. No big deal.

Thanks anyway guys.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It may not have even been a movie at all. Your subconsious merely placed it as a dream to remember because of this 'hobby' of enjoying sci-fi and conspiracy, etc etc.

It may not meant to be taken so literally as motorcycles being the precise 'vehicle' to your destination nor would the partner in race car clothing be someone else.

Race car drivers wear flame retardant material, but you weren't. You should wonder why others are protected while you feel less inclinded to need protecting to do the same job with the same effectiveness. You perhaps feel like you have need to protect others, wherever you are, even if it is online or in person.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
After the fall of New York.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
To me it sounds like

Tron + Hunger Games + Equilibrium

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Have you recently come across info pertaining to reincarnation? It reminds me of the "you choose your parents" concepts about reincarnating into a scenario of your own choosing.

If you've been contemplating anything like that, it's possible that your subconscious might suggest that there's a game-like aspect to the time we spend in the 'physical' plane.

Many years ago I had a conversation with a friend, the gist of which was this:

Me: "I don't understand 'reincarnation'... If we 'choose our parents' and the life we live before living it, why would anyone choose to be born in disease-ridden poverty?"

Friend: "'Cause that's the quickest way to rack up BONUS POINTS, dude!"

I don't mean to trivialize thousands of years of spiritual philosophy, but what if "karma" is roughly the equivalent of World of Warcraft gold?

Maybe this is just a big video game, and a "glitch in the matrix" enabled you to remember something about what it's like "between levels" - before you're born/after you die - the part of the process that's supposed to be wiped from memory.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It reminded me of Total Recall. Plugging into simulated experience. It also reminded me of demolition man only in the type of technology and futuristic feel that you described.

It also reminds me, of alien abduction stories. Of when they put you in different scenarios, to study outcomes and human reactions and such.

Also. Your here. This is place is bound to spice up everyone's dreams who remember dreams.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have crazy vivid fantastical dreams every night, and I don't watch television or movies really. I use to have a hard time remembering them until I swore of fast food, and started taking Iodine supplement.

I have also found that a big glass of grapefruit juice right before bed seems to trigger lucidity. Like I can never change the surrounding of the dream but when I catch myself dreaming I always fly. I love to fly. Another trick to triggering lucid dreams is to look at your hands every few hrs during the day and ask yourself if you are dreaming. I sounds kind of weird , but after a while you train your subconscious to do it while dreaming. Then when you see your hands in a dream it starts to trigger lucidity. I freaking love dreams.

I don't think anything really triggers what is in dreams, well not mine at least, they always seem to be totally random. I also don't tend to think they mean anything really. Just enjoy the ride.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Sounds like Titan AE, hardware, battle for Terra, T3, battle star galactica, alternate universe star trek, DS9, and a bunch of others I can't think of the name of.

new topics

top topics

join