It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Anime would you like to see become a Movie?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is a thread I'd been thinking about for awhile. I'm going to say that right off the bat I'd like to see Inuyasha on the silver screen.

If you know nothing about it It's about a half-demon and his companions traveling around a human, and demon populated world where demons and humans kill eachother but obviously not all demons and humans are warring.

They travel to find an artifact that is an ancient priestess soul who got corrupted by a demon and this artifact can be manipulated by the person who has possession of it. If your good the priestess side of the artifact brings good fortune. And obviously evil spells evil.

Anyway not only does the hero of the show have to fight other demons and the main bad guy who is the most powerful demon Naraku but his brother who hates him for being half-blood. Not to mention having their fathers most powerful sword.

Btw did anyone ever see YU YU Hakusho? I think it'd be an awesome movie!

edit on 5-2-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
any of these:

Higurashi (When They Cry)
Last Exile
Basilisk
Gantz
Elfen Lied

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I've always said cowboy bebop would be a pretty sweet live action flick. Space special effects are great nowadays so I bet they could make that look pretty cool,

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rexamus
I've always said cowboy bebop would be a pretty sweet live action flick. Space special effects are great nowadays so I bet they could make that look pretty cool,

what ever happened to that? they were supposed to do a live action movie and it was supposed to star Keaneau Reeves as Spike

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

I would really be excited if the anime Laputa was made. It was one of the first I watched and it has some great characters and dialogue in it. There seems to be two different english dubbed versions and I dislike the newer dubbed version as the voices somehow dont 'fit' the characters like the original english dubbed does.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ninja Scroll. It wouldn't be easy, but it would definitely worth it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah

Originally posted by Rexamus

what ever happened to that? they were supposed to do a live action movie and it was supposed to star Keaneau Reeves as Spike

so i thought..
what? here we go again, totally ruin something original & awesome by making it another hollywood regurgitated idea! thats total crap there has been nothing new out of there for decades..

then i read that..

and it sounds pretty dam cool ..

I love Cowboy Bebop..

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I wanna throw out a couple more titles aswell.

Ronin Warriors

Gundam Wing

Big O

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

I agree on Cowboy Bebop and Ninja Scroll. Not that I wouldn't like to see some of the others mentioned. I would especially like to see InuYasha and Yu Yu Hakusho adaptations as well. The thing is, I dont think neither one of those would be adapted well. I expect those would end up like that of Dragon Ball: Evolution. God that was horrible. Ninja Scroll and Cowboy Bebop however, I feel would be pretty easy to adapt, and they wouldn't end up screwing up the story.

Also, speaking of live action movies, I'm not sure if anyone knows about this. I stumbled upon this a couple weeks ago. Rurouni Kenshin was made into a live action movie, and released last August. To be honest, I actually quite liked it. They did better than I expected. I'd say 8.5/10.

edit on 5-2-2013 by AstralFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Gundam 0083: Star dust memory.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Dbz done the right way... im talking 100millio$ budget and characters who look like olympic sprinters and male gymnast.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

What a genius thread!!! S&F!

I'm with you guys on Cowboy Bebop and Gundam wing (as well as 8th MS team), as those are in my top 5.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Outlaw Star, Blue Gender, Trigun, and Tenchi Muyo!

Especially outlaw star!

Z32Driver
edit on 6-2-2013 by Z32Driver because: add show

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
big-0 would be sick. i am extremely excited for this movie though

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Basilisk (they did make a live action movie but they cut out so many goodies
Ninja Scrolls (the movie, screw the series))

Cowboy Bepop
Death Note(they did make a crappy one, again, good parts were gone)
ESCAFLOWNE!!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Thanks for the contribution.

A lot of good ideas in here. Looks like Cowboy Bebop gets the popular vote. Let's hope low production budget and bad actors doesn't ruin it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

I was watching robot jox and it was sorta like I'd imagine a gundam wing esqe type movie would be. But man it is by far no reason to keep from doing one based off the anime.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Gatchaman
Beserk
Bloodlust
Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust
DeathNote
Dark City
Tekkonkinkreet

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Out of all the answers, InuYasha and Cowboy Bebop the only ones I seen.

Samurai Champloo is a must see. 26 episodes, about 20 minutes long each. It basically is already a movie. I mean, except not real life. It would be awesome in real life.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
Out of all the answers, InuYasha and Cowboy Bebop the only ones I seen.

Samurai Champloo is a must see. 26 episodes, about 20 minutes long each. It basically is already a movie. I mean, except not real life. It would be awesome in real life.

Oh yeah! Samurai Champloo is awesome. The casting would have to be carefully done though.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973
Gatchaman
Beserk
Bloodlust
Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust
DeathNote
Dark City
Tekkonkinkreet

I think I may have seen that vampire hunter d! Did it have sirens in it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join