It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Footage from Massachusetts Plane Sparks Alien Mystery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
In all honesty i have no idea what that is..if its legit its a UFO in the truest sense unfortunately no amount of analysis will reveal anything but a white streak zipping past like sh*t off a shovel the opposite way S&F

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

It's definitely not condensation but it can't be discounted as something much slower, much closer to the aircraft the boy is filming from, as the aircraft flies past said object. What the object is is still unidentified so YES it's a UFO.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

"Someone could have cgi'd the unknown object into the film that originally only showed the kid reacting to his surprise when the other plane flew by"

Exactly.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
judging by the other youtube videos, I'm going with 100% fake. Before that, I thought we had our golden nugget of UFO video, but alas, fool's gold. Bummer...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Considering most, if not all of that person's youtube videos are of UFOs---I'm going to have to say it's not real. I really dislike those UFO fans who, instead of pursuing the truth, make things up.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

The UFO is 'NOT' the object with a contrail but the white flash which passes between the aircraft being filmed and the plane from which the video is being made......

It is probably cgi or something but watch the video on page 1 from Dmz1664.....

Oh I watched the vid at the first link you gave and saw the white streak, I just got the wrong object that's all. Doesn't help when that site circle the jet making a contrail in red on the still frame at the top of the page, followed by me quickly reading the article and missing the one vital part mentioning the second passenger jet
(I watched the vid with no sound on as well, which could have helped).

But the streak of white could be anything really, although i doubt condensation as they mention since you'd think it would be less opaque than that. Not to mention wheres the rest of the condensation on the window?

edit on 5-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
ok a couple things..

the contrails of the plane are fine. what ur seeing that looks like the plane is just dragging along a banner with a contrail image is actually a real contrail. the illusion that makes it seem like it's a banner is the slower speed it's travelling at and the coincidental point in time of the frame when the other plane moves off screen.

2nd. do contrail planes fly that high?

3rd. the object passing them DOES make a sound, listen and u will hear a mild whistling sound.

the only discrepancy im looking at is the point when the object disappears or seems to disappear while still in the view area of the camera. it doesnt reach the borders of the camera or window border before disappearing. it seems to disappear a bit early. will have to look at the video on my pc. maybe it's a deficiency with my fone graphics.

also would any pilots on the thread like to comment on my thread. i posted video of a ufo i recorded myself. would like to hear ur thoughts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-2-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

It's definitely not condensation but it can't be discounted as something much slower, much closer to the aircraft the boy is filming from, as the aircraft flies past said object. What the object is is still unidentified so YES it's a UFO.

Definatley not condensation? Can you clarify as to why you have come to conclusion that this is NOT condensation? Because, in my experience, that's EXACTLY what condensation would look like at 500 mph. I'm curious as to how your clearly well thought out scientific conclusion has come to this... Heh...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Considering most, if not all of that person's youtube videos are of UFOs---I'm going to have to say it's not real. I really dislike those UFO fans who, instead of pursuing the truth, make things up.

I agree with your statement about people just wanting to fit this video into their idea that alien spacecraft are coming to earth. However, I will say this, it would seem that there is in fact something being recorded outside the plane window because if you slow the video down to frame by frame you will find that when the object reaches the far left of the airplane window you will see the object reflected twice (two objects) As though it's being filmed through a doubled paned window. This is indicative that it is in fact an object on the other side of the window and not CGI. However, the object itself could easily be explained away as a cloud/condensation being passed by at high speeds..

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
an apparent discrepancy is that the object seems to step down a level just after entering the frame whilst continuing at the same speed. could be an optical illusion. but can also mean it was editted in frames to include the object and posted without realizing the error. too bad he didnt have one of those high speed shutter cameras.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
I'm a pilot....with very fast eyes...it's another aircraft....we swing out to pass...and it takes forever to overcome them....then thet go by fast so you can swing back in...
the 757 was going 595 miles an hour...37.000 MSL

Boeing states the cruise speed at 500 mph and a top speed of 609 mph. Why do you think/know the 757 was flying at 595 mph.

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

3rd. the object passing them DOES make a sound, listen and u will hear a mild whistling sound.

Thats why I say this is bunk. That "whistle noise" doesn't ring true.

Like somebody else said at plane speeds that white streak could be sitting still outside and it would still look like it zipped by. What whistle noise?

If it was a craft under power it wouldn't make that kind of noise anyway. Or be heard inside the plane. Sonic booms are just that. "Booms".

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

not quite.. in a plane u can hear the engine noise against the wind and the sound of the plane cutting thru the air. and u can hear it in this video too. which means u can hear a few things from outside. with the 2 planes maybe 10 miles apart the object may have come in closer than 200 metres from the wing. and depending on the sound it was actually making and the volume, the cabin could filter/muffle it so all that gets recorded is a whistling sound.

the sound does carry the "coming from outside" sound detail with it and does not sound near or in the cabin with the mic.

looks promising. wouldnt rule it out just yet. tho it could be anything. space debris would be bad cuz thatd mean one of those planes almost got destroyed mid-air.

the object also seems to increase speed just at entering the frame. maybe it saw him filming and tried to duck away quickly.

still.. cant debunk it.. cant prove it.. we all just gotta wait till the aliens land and say "take us to ur leader"

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

So you are actually saying you think it is a water droplet going across the glass?

Can you explain why you think it is condensation? I've never seen condensation look like that and I've flown a lot. Maybe planes here in Australia have some super-duper mid-flight anti-condensation shield.....

I never said it couldn't be CGI.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by scottromansky

just playing devils advocate,
you would not hear a sonic boom if it had already gone passed the speed of sound earlier and was cruising, the sonic boom is audible at the time the sound barrier is broken, not a constant boom.

Wrong.

Sonic boom is an impulsive noise similar to thunder. It is caused by an object moving faster than sound -- about 750 miles per hour at sea level. An aircraft traveling through the atmosphere continuously produces air-pressure waves similar to the water waves caused by a ship's bow. When the aircraft exceeds the speed of sound, these pressure waves combine and form shock waves which travel forward from the generation or "release" point.

As an aircraft flies at supersonic speeds it is continually generating shock waves, dropping sonic boom along its flight path, similar to someone dropping objects from a moving vehicle. From the perspective of the aircraft, the boom appears to be swept backwards as it travels away from the aircraft. If the plane makes a sharp turn or pulls up, the boom will hit the ground in front of the aircraft.

The sound heard on the ground as a "sonic boom" is the sudden onset and release of pressure after the buildup by the shock wave or "peak overpressure." The change in pressure caused by sonic boom is only a few pounds per square foot -- about the same pressure change we experience on an elevator as it descends two or three floors -- in a much shorter time period. It is the magnitude of this peak overpressure that describes a sonic boom.
Source

To add: the "pressure waves" radiate in a cone shape from the fuselage. They thus would likely be perceived by someone in another plane next to or above the super-sonic plane as it passes.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

in a plane u can hear the engine noise against the wind and the sound of the plane cutting thru the air.

Ummm, respectfully? I think what you can hear inside a plane is the vibration from the engines, not the exhaust. Also hear the air system keeping the plane pressurized. Thats cabin sounds. They are made to insulate against as much external noise as possible.

I agree, when you sit behind the wing the noise is louder, but that is where the vibration of the engine noise is rattling against the fuselage the most.The actual sound transferred to the interior is from vibration, not sound. Of course it depends on the aircraft. This is a "civilian" airliner. Double walled and all.

Anything unattached to the plane itself will be difficult to hear unless of course the sound barrier is broken.

Also, I know they exist. I saw one once and it was totally silent. I was outside too. That is the majority of reports. Totally silent. Why does this UFO have to be noisy? Just my take.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by foodstamp

So you are actually saying you think it is a water droplet going across the glass?

Can you explain why you think it is condensation? I've never seen condensation look like that and I've flown a lot. Maybe planes here in Australia have some super-duper mid-flight anti-condensation shield.....

I never said it couldn't be CGI.

Are You answering my question with a question?

I had said that I believe it's a possibility because I've seen condensation whip past a window on jets on many occasions.. Which I mentioned in the previous post.. So yes, It's possible..

Personally I believe it's a small cloud...

You have not answered my question.....Your turn...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I find this really interesting and, despite all the naysayers, completely believe that this video is real. I believe this because one night, I happend to see somthing exactly like this when flying home from school. As soon as I saw it, I wrote down exactly what I saw.

" I just saw a ufo
In the plane, around 15 mins into flight, 2 of them. Satelite, i think, above
us. Airplane in distance. Between eastern wa and cascades. Super fast, could
barely track with eyes, would not have been able to get picture even if phone
out. Like little balls. Speeding, so fast almost apeard to have thin trail of
light then gone . Then apear again a little farther off. Most people on plane
either sleeping, or not paying attention. Lights on in cabin, so unless looking
and blocking out all light would not see. Around 7:15 at night. December 13
2012. Bombardier Q1300 run by alaska airlines. Pullman WA to seattle."

Sorry for the horrible short hand, but I wrote it down using a blank text message in my phone.
Essentially, I state that I saw somthing that looks like the streak in the window. In addition to that, I saw a sattelite mixed in with the stars. I also had seen another plane in the distance a bit earlier.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
either way. all either of us can do is speculate. theres not much information. wouldve liked to know if either pilot saw the object. i mean they had to. but this type of sighting matches others seen and described by pilots.

just another one for the archives. we got to corner this ufo thing tho and i dont think it's that hard if u strategize properly and have the right equipment...

or u cud go flying out of body in night skies

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
reply to post by Lonewulph

"Someone could have cgi'd the unknown object into the film that originally only showed the kid reacting to his surprise when the other plane flew by"

Exactly.

Thanks but as you can see, it doesnt help, some tin hats are hell bent on what they think they know...
but it's what they don't know that leaves them reaching.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join