It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native American Confronts Protesters on Illegal Immigration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

It depends whether you're talking in terms of ethics or reality.

Ethically, I'm sure the native americans should have been left alone and really, if something is yours it's yours.

Realistically, you only own what you can protect.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I see folks are completely missing the point :

Hypocrisy of the protestors.

How can any non native indian in the US protest about illegal immigration when they themselves are a product of illegal immigration. It does not matter what happened to the indians, whether they were peaceful or war-like etc etc. That native indian was angry at the absolute hypocrisy of the protestors.

He is 100% correct.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

There is a difference between being conquered and illegal immigration.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
That rant brightened my day. Star & flag for my red peoples.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It seems to me that Native Americans should know better than anyone about the problems associated with unchecked illegal immigration. It's obvious that the ones pushing hardest for this are the elites that want cheap labor to lower wages for everyone. We should just go with our natural distrust of the motives of the Federal Government.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

It is a Native American yelling at hispanics about them not ever being invited here while they are yelling back they are Americans. I don't know what tribe hes from though I did hear someone call him a Cherokee.

Only about a minute and a half long so not much to hear really.

Those 'hispanics' where pale as the amish.

I think he was doing it to prove a point which obviously those protestors understood. Some caucasians complaining about immigration and he comes on in and tells them basically to gtfo. That they're all illegal and that his people never invited any of them to their country and that's the truth. That led to them shutting up and that was that.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Bump, Bump, Bump. BBBump it up!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

i hear you...

the truth feels great!

i love to see courage! , truth and all of that good stuff...

really though, i honor our native brothers and sisters...

i love all souls!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

After he calmed down I'm sure your thoughts were realized. Almost nobody thinks when they are angry but we think after and that is usually when the regrets set in.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm caucasian and even I will say white people have nothing to b***h about.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Night Star

I'm really getting tired of that excuse people use.

"you can't blame us, black owned black slaves first"

"you can't blame us, natives fought each other first"

What is the next excuse?

It was a "family affair"... before an outsider started intervening.

There isn't a white man alive today who had anything to do with what happened back then. Why should they accept the rage against them? Tired of excuses? We have no excuses. We wern't here. We weren't responsible in any way. Most white Americans have a great respect for Native Americans.

Today is not yesterday. Today we have laws for immigrants. Laws that make sure someone isn't coming here with disease or with a criminal background. It is for the safety of all cultures that are here as USA citizens. Laws like every country has. To continually blame the white man of today for something that happened long before he was even born only serves to agrivate and seperate people. Most people honor the Native Americans and share in their sorrow of the past. That is the truth.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
There isn't a white man alive today who had anything to do with what happened back then.

Except benefit from it.

And refuse to give the land back, and be hypocritical when more people want to come, and perpetuate the old racist stereotypes about their culture (as seen in this thread) etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

Fully agree, the real problem started with land ownership, ownership requires enforcement, enforcement requires strength...

This was the principal reason why states evolved and why most social species come together there is strength in numbers strength for self protection and to impose on others...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Mmmmmm oh yeah...aboriginal people have it so great!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I find it so interesting that so many people seem to think that what happened to the Native Americans was a "long time ago" or some rubbish like that. Hate to burst those bubbles but my daughter's grandfather (he's in his 50's) was removed from his home and raised in a boarding school that abused him whenever he spoke his native tongue. He sure wasn't the only one who grew up like that on the reservation that I lived on in Arizona for 7 years. Whole lot of Nat Am Baby Boomers with boarding school scars.

He's not even a senior technically yet but yep, all that stuff that we did with the Nat Am was a long time ago. Keep telling yourselves that.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Are you telling me the "long time ago" incident absolutely have no effect on the current generation of natives or blacks? like everything resets to 0 and everyone starts from equal ground after the who incident is over?

Some just can't understand oppression.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Can't wait for the coming months/years...if only we all knew the full extent of what America is in for...land of the free my ass hahahahahahaha...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The ignorance in this thread is unbelievable.

Not all native tribes were "savages" as the propaganda stated. They were simply defending their home.

Only one poster brought up the Seneca by stating that their laws were the basis of America's constitution. I'd like to add a correction to that post.

The Iroquois Nation or Iroquois League was a confederation of 5 tribes which included the Seneca, Cayuga, Mohawk, Oneida, and the Onondaga peoples. I believe sometime around the year 1720 a tribe called the Tuscarora joined. They came together in a Grand Council with around 40-50 representatives.

To all those said they had no form of governance and were uncivilized, you are wrong.

The alliance between the nations was extremely influential to the U.S. Constitution and was even recognized by congress somewhere between the late 80's and early 90's.

In the end, their leaders were more American than today's American leaders since the Iroquois actually followed their Constitution.

Side note: I wrote in a rush meaning all of the above was based on memory since I studied them deeply a few years back. Feel free to correct me as you see fit.
edit on 2/5/13 by SmoothRhythm because: Added side note

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

If only...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join