It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines to Invade South Carolina

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Marines to Invade South Carolina

www.infowars.com

Marines and sailors will invade Jasper County, South Carolina, this week, The Island Packet reported on Sunday.

The 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit will train in the town of Ridgeland, the county seat, in preparation for “deployment to Mediterranean and African shores,” 2nd Lt. Gerard R. Farao told the newspaper.

The training will be coordinated with local, county and state agencies and officials, including the Ridgeland police and fire departments, a Marine Corps news release states.

Residents are warned “training could take place at any time” this week in the town and they wi
(visit the link for the full news article)

PS Searched for this to see if already posted, nothing came up, although the search is not what it use to be, so sorry ahead of time if its already posted.
edit on 4-2-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Looks like another state/city is going to get the shock and awe of the military.

I know this is that one site... and not sure how people feel about it, but though i would post anyway. Please move mods if in the wrong place.
This makes what #4

"The Pentagon insists these exercises are necessary for urban combat situations in Afghanistan, Iraq, and in the months ahead, Africa, where it insists al-Qaeda is active."

Do we believe this?

I wonder if there will be all the video's like the previous training exercise

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Never heard of Jasper county, must be way far inland. Atleast something exciting is going on in this state besides unemployment and foreclosures.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have a friend in the Marines who got orders to ship out in about a week to Africa.

Things are definitely heating up over there.

Good thing we have this peaceful president.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Not sure, do you think they help at all with combat operations in urban environments?

I've never been in one myself. I assume it would be better then training in the mountains or a desert though.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
So we are invading africa now too?
Lovely.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is what four of these US urban training sessions in as many weeks? It does seem a bit odd, especially coming on the heels of the gun control debate. I've always been wary of the martial law stuff, but I've never seen this many US troops training in our cities.

Why weren't they doing this in preparation for the Iraq War?

Why all the sudden are real US cities the only way for our troops to get urban training?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I just wonder why they are doing this in populated areas now when in the past they would do it deep inside a military base against mock cities or other federally owned property.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It's because of that mess in Mali, that's my opinion.

And the lovely French are involved this time......what's French for idiots?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by evictiongnostic

Well are these guys just training and moving on or sticking around the cities? I think if they are moving on and shipping out that its probably pretty straight forward.

If however they are taking over a city and setting up a permanent base of operations then that would be different.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt

Not sure, do you think they help at all with combat operations in urban environments?

I've never been in one myself. I assume it would be better then training in the mountains or a desert though.

Why weren't they doing this in the run up to the Iraq War? Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc... I've been paying attention since 9-11 and this is the most training I've ever seen of this kind. And I don't ever remember hearing about helicopters firing blanks over cities with no notice to civilians in the area. I'm sorry but if this was a regular occurrence this wouldn't be news.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The French are going to just leave after making waves there, so here we come to the rescue again? Enough already.

Fears are growing that ethnic rivalry could destabilise parts of Mali, in the wake of a three-week campaign by French troops to drive out Islamist militants. Normal life is resuming in Timbuktu, following its liberation, but the town's nomadic Tuareg people have fled, accused of being al-Qaeda sympathisers. With French forces already planning their exit strategy from the region, peace in Mali will soon be left to the country's own - ill-disciplined - security forces to maintain. Andrew Harding reports from Timbuktu.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

They are sending small numbers of troops to 35 African countries as trainers for local military forces. Initial reports were that 2nd Brigade, 1st Infantry would be going, but that might have changed.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by evictiongnostic

Would it be possible that as we spend more time in war in urban environments that we are getting a clearer picture of what we actually need to work on so training in those areas are increasing?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

The French are preparing for a long term stay. They want to turn the mission over to the UN, but they have plans to stay until the situation is stabilized. They only plan to leave once control of the country is turned over to the Malian government, and a UN force is in place.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There's practically nothing in Jasper County, but swamps and farmland. We've had some Marines here in the McCormick, Saluda, Edgefield counties the past two weeks. Some radio traffic, a few FA-18s flew over today, and a lot of helicopter activity. Sometimes, you might see a couple of 7 tons a the local supermarket while they stock up on food. They're just training, nothing else.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I was thinking of Parris Island,off the coast of South Carolina and if this"lady" was coming,I would run the other way.

She is the Brigadier General Lori Reynolds
Commanding General
Eastern Recruiting Region
Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, S.C.

www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil...

But why?
They have mock ups of towns everywhere that they train at.They have one here close by at Fort Knox.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
These training scenarios aren't nothing compared Operation Swift Strike we had here in SC in 1963. Now that was exciting.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I would assume that there is nothing like the real thing when it comes to training.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

Training in a similar environment would make sense, just seems odd
as many as they have been doing in the past month or so.

It's good to help other countries, but how many wars do we need to be in at
one time, and how many starving people have to suffer because of wasted
money spent on wars which are none of our business.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join