Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Marines to Invade South Carolina

page: 2
17
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by TKDRL
 


They are sending small numbers of troops to 35 African countries as trainers for local military forces. Initial reports were that 2nd Brigade, 1st Infantry would be going, but that might have changed.


I hope we put our eggs in the right baskets.

Haven't we had Army SOF over there training people forever now? Looks like this has been in motion for a very long time.




posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
More people who know about as much as the military as my 3 year old son, making a big deal out of something complete not abnormal....about a year ago there was a poster on here posting pictures of a convoy hauling tanks on the interstate. They were talking about the US Army "mobilizing" in the continental states...funny thing? I was a part of that 2 week training operation. Which was to take a bunch of non-functioning, defunct equipment, from Dugway to Fort Knox, and then more junk, from Fort Knox to Fort Sill. But yeah, in the meantime, to you people in the "know" of these things....we were invading! People who claim this is "unusual" demonstrate that they know next to nothing about how military units train. It isn't uncommon (at all) for military units to train in the general public. We do it every month in Nebraska...



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by evictiongnostic
 


A more important thought to me is, how long will it take for TPTB to think we are used to it enough that they are ready to introduce "live" rounds on these "training" missions?
If anyone doubts that is a possibility, imagine the "shock and awe" it will produce!



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I have a friend in the Marines who got orders to ship out in about a week to Africa.

Things are definitely heating up over there.

Good thing we have this peaceful president.


How do these marines feel about their deployment? Do they want to fight this fight?



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
There's practically nothing in Jasper County, but swamps and farmland. We've had some Marines here in the McCormick, Saluda, Edgefield counties the past two weeks. Some radio traffic, a few FA-18s flew over today, and a lot of helicopter activity. Sometimes, you might see a couple of 7 tons a the local supermarket while they stock up on food. They're just training, nothing else.


Everyone knows they are just training. Question is, why all of a sudden all these training exercises in urban or unusual areas where they haven't been doing these things. It may or may not be anything at all, but I think the point of the OP is to point out that there's been a number of these training exercises in public view, which I think is pretty rare, especially the one last week with attack helicopters flying over a Miami freeway shooting blanks and scaring the hell out of folks. Is it to condition us (the public) for this sort of thing or to condition them (the troops) for this sort of thing? Either way, they are planning for a future event and I'm not buying that its for training to deploy overseas. We've been deploying oversea's for 11 years now and we haven't seen our military training in plain sight like this.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead
More people who know about as much as the military as my 3 year old son, making a big deal out of something complete not abnormal....about a year ago there was a poster on here posting pictures of a convoy hauling tanks on the interstate. They were talking about the US Army "mobilizing" in the continental states...funny thing? I was a part of that 2 week training operation. Which was to take a bunch of non-functioning, defunct equipment, from Dugway to Fort Knox, and then more junk, from Fort Knox to Fort Sill. But yeah, in the meantime, to you people in the "know" of these things....we were invading! People who claim this is "unusual" demonstrate that they know next to nothing about how military units train. It isn't uncommon (at all) for military units to train in the general public. We do it every month in Nebraska...


I see them moving stuff all the time here and think nothing of it.I'm 30 miles east of Fort Knox,but the training in a town of people with blanks going pop pop?What if one of our redneck brothers didn't get the memo and decided to shoot back.

I can hear it now" Hey,bo,there are a bunch of army guys shootin' up the town!!!" " Bo,we are comin' home to defend 'er!"
edit on 4-2-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why is it every couple of years someone seems to notice miitary training like this when it has been going on since at least WW2? New to you maybe but, not new.



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Why is it every couple of years someone seems to notice miitary training like this when it has been going on since at least WW2? New to you maybe but, not new.


Can you provide a source for the last time US attack helicopters flew through a downtown major city and fired blank rounds, over a busy freeway!



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate
 


The SOF teams have been performing actual ops against certain targets, not training. They started out gathering intel, but it was taking so long to insert them that they moved a fairly sizable UAV contingent over there to perform the same mission.



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by NarrowGate
 


The SOF teams have been performing actual ops against certain targets, not training. They started out gathering intel, but it was taking so long to insert them that they moved a fairly sizable UAV contingent over there to perform the same mission.


Strange. It seems that training our proxies is the exact job of Army SOF (not counting Rangers). I would assume Navy and Air Force SOF might be doing other things. I would think the CIA would have been helping the GB in this for years now. I bet it has been in motion for decades.
edit on 4-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate
 


It is their usual mission. But in this case, they are apparently operating in their other capacities. Intel gathering, and targets of opportunity are the two big ones.



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
Never heard of Jasper county, must be way far inland.


Apparently it is just north of Savannah click here to take a look

I figured it'd be coastal because securing a beachead to let the other guys in is what the marines do.



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by NarrowGate
 


It is their usual mission. But in this case, they are apparently operating in their other capacities. Intel gathering, and targets of opportunity are the two big ones.


How do you get your info?



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate
 


Various sources around. You can find it if you know where to look. There's a thread I started about the secret UAV ops in Africa that has a lot of informed speculation and connected some of the dots. The military came out and said at one point that they inserted a team, and it took so long to get them to the location in question they almost missed out on being able to complete the mission, so they moved some Predators and Reapers in first, then Global Hawks.



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by NarrowGate
 


Various sources around. You can find it if you know where to look. There's a thread I started about the secret UAV ops in Africa that has a lot of informed speculation and connected some of the dots. The military came out and said at one point that they inserted a team, and it took so long to get them to the location in question they almost missed out on being able to complete the mission, so they moved some Predators and Reapers in first, then Global Hawks.


Well, I for one am happy we are preparing to help these oppressed people fight for freedom.

It looks like our conventional units are becoming more and more unconventional with every conflict. I am happy about that as well.



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate
 


Yeah, I agree. SOF is seriously overworked, and can use some assistance. It looked for awhile that things were going to blow up huge in Africa after Benghazi. Immediately afterwards, tankers, MC-130 Combat Talons and AC-130 gunships headed to Africa. A total of 24 MC/AC-130s. I don't know how many are still there. You usually hear a lot more about the initial deployment than the return home unless someone is in the right position to see them heading back.



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hey wait a second, The big red 1 is going to Africa? I know this movie by heart. Except this time Lee Marvin won't be in it. End sarcasm. Awe never mind misread the title.
edit on 4-2-2013 by jaynkeel because: add comment



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
ATTENTION CITIZENS!!

Welcome to Desensitation And Conditioning 101...WE, as your lawfully elected governing body would like to introduce you to the on going threat of terroisim in the United States of america... as exampled by the numerous terrorist atackts on the state,... WE, your lawfully elected governing body want to condition you, the citizen, the population, to our continued commitment to your safety thru continual military presence to deter the on going terrorist attacks on your safety..the threat to YOUR SAFTEY BY terrorist..you do realize that behind every bush, behind every tree..a terrorist lurks..ready to steal your safety, your security, your personel freedoms from you...WE.. as your lawfully elected governing body wish to make you safe thru constant military/police presence, thru vigilant survailance of your peers for possible terrorist aggression against you and your CHILDREN,,,you do want to be safe and secure in your own homes? right? WE, as your lawfully elected leaders will make sure you are safe in your own homes thru constant watching of you and yours, 24 hours a day at all times...to keep you safe from tyranny thru ANY means that WE deem necessary...even at the expense of YOUR freedoms....thank you for obedience in this situation THAT YOU HAVE NO SAY IN..........



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by TKDRL
 


It's because of that mess in Mali, that's my opinion.

And the lovely French are involved this time......what's French for idiots?


It's not like Rockefellers isn't in there training up rebels and sinking in billions for this or something. And then off to war?





new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join