It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines to Invade South Carolina

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Speaking of overworked, depending on where in Africa they are operating the terrain must be annoying.

Not to mention the insects and snakes and stuff. Disease.

I hope they don't make them do long tours again.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yes, apparently we are...lots of countries...and maybe lots of troops.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm honestly not sure which thought is more disturbing:
sending more and more US troops to more and more countries....although I guess the US feels the need as China and India are flexing their muscle in Africa

or having the troops use US urban locations.....

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Actually it's not that many. It sounds like a lot, but they're all coming from a single brigade.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

My personal opinion is we need to keep our men and women closer to home and let the rest of them sort it out.
We have our own resources to keep us going,we have the ability to protect our borders.
We need to stop being the rescuer of the world and take care of our own.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Actually it's not that many. It sounds like a lot, but they're all coming from a single brigade.

Yea, thats how Viet Nam started out, advisers, then support troops, then half a million.

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
So we are invading africa now too?
Lovely.

The more troops they have deployed over seas when they drop the hammer in American patriots the less chance they will turn on them and ti will take them longer to get back here if they turn on them over there and come home to defend America against domestic enemies...

edit on 4-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That may be, but the numbers always start small.....do I need to list countries where the US started small??

And, according to the link in my earlier post....it would escalate to several African nations.......ostensibly to help against. Al Qaeda
...not buying that story either.

Additionally, the AP says that US troops will head specifically to Libya, Sudan, Algeria and Niger in order to prepare for any advances from al-Qaeda linked groups. Americans will also train and equip forces in Kenya and Somalia, reportedly, in order to stand up to al-Shabab militants. Despite the troops being deployed to more than half of the countries in Africa, though, the AP reports that Uncle Sam will try to avoid giving the impression that the United States is leaving a substantial footprint across the continent.

rt.com...

ETA
The sending of troops to Africa also being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Mon Feb 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm well aware that it starts out small, and expands from there. But in this case, the troops are overstretched and the equipment is at the breaking point. It will be harder to expand it to large numbers like has happened in the past. Sooner or later the Air Force is going to break, and it's going to break big. The Navy already has. Almost the entire carrier fleet is down for repairs, and even though they aren't at the op tempo of the other services, they have had enough accidents to add close to $1B in repairs this year.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I'm well aware that it starts out small, and expands from there. But in this case, the troops are overstretched and the equipment is at the breaking point. It will be harder to expand it to large numbers like has happened in the past. Sooner or later the Air Force is going to break, and it's going to break big. The Navy already has. Almost the entire carrier fleet is down for repairs, and even though they aren't at the op tempo of the other services, they have had enough accidents to add close to $1B in repairs this year.

Maybe that's the plan spread the military thin and overtax the equipment till it breaks (along with the troops) and needs repair etc. till we are vulnerable to whatever they have planned.

edit on 4-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
So we are invading africa now too?
Lovely.

Wait.. Somalia? Libya? I admit to being a LOT behind the curve,
but these countries NATO is battering around... and it's kind of
assumed we ARE NATO. Confused by the post, but I dig the
new avatar. "I love the smell of leather in the morning..."
Doublewait: that didn't come out right at all.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Do you know what I find interesting with this little article.... So many people seem to forget Africa, is a continent.....Not a country.

Here's a map of Africa....

Look at all those countries of interest!! How many of them are you currently concerned with .... Israel, Iran, Syria, Libya... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Anyone else got a sneaky feeling about what's coming?

I know, Iran sort of sits closer to the Asian Continent, but still. How many of you thought of Africa as a continent, and not a country.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

They said Africa. Mali is heating up but right now the French have only asked for air support could it be that they have secretly asked for more. Mali would be the logical destination using beach landings. I am going to keep my eyes on this.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

If martial law is going to occur to we really think its going to be on the 5 oclock news?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

I just wonder why they are doing this in populated areas now when in the past they would do it deep inside a military base against mock cities or other federally owned property.

For those civilians who get to watch this unfold… get video if you can, this is a great way to learn the tactic’s they use, who knows --we may need to use this as a helpful tool one day.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

America is called in to decide which side is right. This is announced by one side being given our old artillery, and some access to support airstrikes. Once you earn our trust, we may even install a missile shield.

Price of entry for these benefits? Join the Reserve Banking System (or else).

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Thats great.Just what we need.Another pointless war we can't afford,no one wants(with the exception of a few in power)and won't solve anything.The only thing that can come out of it is more anti-American sentiment.Oh well.Situation Normal,All F@^%!# Up.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

this pisses me off. I thought that was Frances show. The hell man. NO ONE ELSE can go over there? It HAS to be Americans or British who die for the worlds stability?

HEY EUROPE, get your ass down to Mali and let us sit this one out Huh. Then everyone will bitch about American imperialism.....WELL it looks like no one else is able or WILLING to risk their peoples lives and the international resentment of interventionism for the sake of stability. This is kind of selfish and self serving.

typical......

edit on 5-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
How are people reading Mali from "African and Mediterranean shores"?

The fighting in Mali is in the interior desert of a landlocked country. You don't see many amphibious operations there.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
And how many people are GONE after this???

it is a good way to hide a Big army attack.
and the people the government dont like get legally executed!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I believe your troops are getting ready for civil war, Africa is just a smoke screen. the FEMA camps and urban drills are in anticipation for wide sweeping gun control measures and disarming the people,using sandy hook as the staged event to allow such measures to be bought in,along with the 9-11 atrocity ,this will come to light as planned, that is the reason why there are so many glaring holes in both these story's. once the story finally breaks it will fuel this internal war resulting in the desired population cull and more 'criminals' locked up in the huge prisons working for free for the ruling elite. Giving them modern day slavery, less population and thus resources being used and anyone who disagrees will raise their head above the parra pit and be counted and delt with!
I am currently ill in bed with flu in a freezing cold brighton uk bedroom and may well be delusional , but if you see an odd accident happening to a guy in brighton you'll know I was on to something, actually there is a big American black van parked opposite my house, oh my god two guys with ray bans and wires in there ears are getting out and coming over I can just hear what they are saying , take the sho..........

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join