It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malware Alert Opening ATS Pages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
this just came in on ZDNet

NetSeer suffers hack, triggers Google anti-malware warnings One advertising network's corporate Web site suffered a hack and a malware injection attack this morning, which led to Google warning users worldwide to avoid 'infected' sites.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

My apologies for my post in another (now closed) thread, I can live with the adds...I can not however live without our site.

I don't use an add blocker it's just that some of my computer's security programs blocks them. I'm up for contributing to the upkeep of the best site on the web though & will be ordering from the shop a nice mug for cuppa's as soon as possible.
I might even get a cap for my son's third birthday too lol. A bit off topic I know but still I love this site and have for years. Some of the forums I find myself to be lost in for days reading with the wireless on in the background or A.T.S live running.

Adds I'll just live with them...it's not too hard hey.

All the best, peace, good luck & best wishes to all.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I keep getting a malware alert when browsing ATS.
It is cm.netseer.com.

Using google chrome on windows 8.
I keep clearing out the cache and all and I'm still getting it.

Just blacklist that domain in your hosts file and you'll be protected.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Originally posted by kdog1982
I keep getting a malware alert when browsing ATS.
It is cm.netseer.com.

Using google chrome on windows 8.
I keep clearing out the cache and all and I'm still getting it.

Just blacklist that domain in your hosts file and you'll be protected.

That seems easy enough.
So,how would one go about doing that?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Open C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in notepad and add this line at the bottom:

0.0.0.0 cm.netseer.com

Then save and restart your browser (might have to restart comp) your computer will never make a request to that hostname again.

It's a great way to protect yourself from spyware, spam, or otherwise malicious content.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

False positives are common with many anti-malware applications. I agree with 12m8k that the two choices stated are not optimal. Especially when there are a host of free alternatives that are, IMO, much better.

www.avg.com... rates #1 on most tech blogs.
Avast also ranks high on most tech sites reviews - and has a pretty strong customer loyalty.
Microsoft Security Essentials is another with strong support and reviews.

For checking to make sure your system is clean, before installing any of the above ( an important step - as most of these will not detect any malware that is already on a system ):

Malwarebytes
Combofix

I'd only use Combofix if you're tech literate though. It will remove all Malware - that can, and sometimes does include files that are necessary for a computer or OS to operate.

Other problems, such as registry clean-up, etc? I've actually grown quite fond of a free application called Glary Utilities. Quite a few useful apps all thrown into one free package.

~Heff

For info, there's a really nasty rootkit around that even combofix can't get rid of.
The first thing it does is mess up your anti virus, including AVG.
It then blocks safe mode.
Clean install is the only thing that will get rid of it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
When going on ATS, after about 5 seconds, get this pop up that that cannot be put to the background:

"Resets all settings to Default Values"

It has 2 check boxes , one for "OK" and the other for "Cancel", which cannot be selected.
It lasts about 30 seconds, then goes away but comes back on a regular bases. Occludes the page and cannot be moved.
Malware for sure, the site has something on it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join