It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malware Alert Opening ATS Pages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I keep getting a malware alert when browsing ATS.
It is cm.netseer.com.

Using google chrome on windows 8.
I keep clearing out the cache and all and I'm still getting it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yep!

I got it 3 times already this morning!

Just got it again trying to post this picture!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Not having any problems on Safari.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm not having any problems with Chrome and Windows 7. I'm also running active malware/spyware/virus software and they're not twitching.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Maybe it's from an advertising cookie?

I don't know much about this stuff and rely on my Norton and McAfee software to protect me, but this message come from Google Chrome.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

What happened when Google visited this site? Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-01-31, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

Seems there's some sort of mis-read or something, they are an ad server, and google can't find any malware on the site but it's listed as suspicious.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havox
Not having any problems on Safari.

Safari does not detect anything

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Maybe it's from an advertising cookie?

I don't know much about this stuff and rely on my Norton and McAfee software to protect me

Eeesh. that's a rather scary 'reliance'.

You'd likely be better off 'surfing naked'

Norton and CrapAfee

mediocre protection, at best.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was under the impression that Norton and McAfee work by letting so much malware in that the stuff you pick up in the future has no way to operate.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I haven't gotten it yet, but I'll let you know if it pops up. I'm using Firefox and Windows 7 and am running AVG Internet Security and Malwarebytes.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
False positives are common with many anti-malware applications. I agree with 12m8k that the two choices stated are not optimal. Especially when there are a host of free alternatives that are, IMO, much better.

www.avg.com... rates #1 on most tech blogs.
Avast also ranks high on most tech sites reviews - and has a pretty strong customer loyalty.
Microsoft Security Essentials is another with strong support and reviews.

For checking to make sure your system is clean, before installing any of the above ( an important step - as most of these will not detect any malware that is already on a system ):

Malwarebytes
Combofix

I'd only use Combofix if you're tech literate though. It will remove all Malware - that can, and sometimes does include files that are necessary for a computer or OS to operate.

Other problems, such as registry clean-up, etc? I've actually grown quite fond of a free application called Glary Utilities. Quite a few useful apps all thrown into one free package.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I recommend Maxthon for your browser and Advanced System Care 6 Free for your cleaning and maintenance needs. I've NEVER had a problem.

Maxthon Browser

Advanced System Care Free

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yep,that is what I was getting from google but nothing from AVG or any of my other stuff.

It must have been resolved cause I am no longer getting.

Mods,you can close this thread,I was just alarmed cause that had never happen on ATS before.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Not only here but all my tabs in chrome this morning were doing this exact thing. Must have been an issue with chrome, windows 7 here as well. Seems to have stopped for now though. Glad it wasn't just me.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am getting it myself now also. I have seen it three times today.

I am on RedHat Enterprise Linux Workstation using Chrome for linux.

As such, it doesn't really scare me, but it is still annoying and alarming that the ad service would have been pegged like this.

thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm getting Malware alerts on Chrome almost everytime I change pages. Very annoying!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have been getting the same message from Google, everytime I open this page and also Before its News.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by omega man

I had to clear out my history a few times,then it stopped.

I spoke to soon,it came back again.
Google chrome has a problem.

edit on 4-2-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is what google is saying...

What is the current listing status for netseer.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer. Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site? Of the 16 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent.
The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-02-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-02-04.
This site was hosted on 6 network(s) including AS14618 (AMAZON), AS31988 (ARISTEIA), AS16509 (AMAZON). Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware? Over the past 90 days, netseer.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware? No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. How did this happen? In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

safebrowsing.clients.google.com... 4acd-aa60-3c11f6128457%26admeld_adprovider_id%3D622%26admeld_call_type%3Djs%26admeld_callback%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Ftag.admeld.com%2Fmatch&client=googlechrom e&hl=en-US

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Mine stopped after I cleared my history. So far...

I'm sure they'll get on it, whoever the 'puter nerd is who'll fix it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join