It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Yogi not Yeti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

We gave three hairs from different areas of Shoria to yeti-hunter Prof Bryan Sykes of Oxford’s Wolfson Institute.

His tests reveal one, a long, thick, distinctive hair, comes from a rare type of black bear from North America — Ursus americanus. They can reach 7ft — just like the yeti sighted at Shoria, The other two hairs turned out to be from a racoon and a horse.

Well it appears that the Yeti terrorising Shoria Russia may be an escaped black bear from the USA.

Linky: www.thesun.co.uk...

I suppose the bear could of escaped from a circus or a private collector/Keeper. Russia has its own brown bears so breeding is possible explaining why the stories have gone on for so long although brown bears can live for 25 years.

locals claim that the Yeti's fight with the Bears, but could this just be bears fighting each other over territory and food ?

Let me know what you think guys

edit on 3-2-2013 by christafinias because: Pic

edit on 3-2-2013 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

I am 100% sure that the Bigfoot and Yeti exists.

They will obviously try to rub it off by saying it was a black bear etc.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Was the raccoon 7' tall too? You could have named this "It's Yogi and Rocky, not Yeti"!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by inj3ct0r

I would like to think yeti/bigfoot exists, when i'd heard they'd found a supposable hair from 1 i was hopeful it would be proof however it turned out to be bear.

i dont think this means bigfoot doesnt exist but its a plausible explaination for sitings in that area.

i'm trying to look from both sides and i dont think the brown bear explains the reports of triangular and upside down trees.

thanks for the reply

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

oh my i had to google Rocky Racoon to see it was Beatles song....ignorance of youth

a 7ft Racoon lol that would be better than a Yeti!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I am 100% sure that the Bigfoot and Yeti exists. They will obviously try to rub it off by saying it was a black bear etc.

You're 100% sure? OK then, show us the evidence.
Enlighten the rest of us as to why you're 100% sure Bigfoot, and the yeti, both exist.

edit on 3-2-2013 by ParaSpy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I dont quite know for sure but dont bears hibernate in the winter, while i think bigfoot/yeti are seen all year

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey9438

I dont quite know for sure but dont bears hibernate in the winter, while i think bigfoot/yeti are seen all year

hmm good point so i had a quick Google and found this;

They hibernate in the winter when it is the coldest and food is scarce. Contrary to popular belief, not all bears go to sleep in the beginning of winter and emerge in the spring. Most bears will come out a few times during the winter but go back in to continue to hibernate.

Link: wiki.answers.com...

So they could be seen during the winter, but the chances of spotting 1 would be reduced, but in the spring, summer they would be active, linking this to yeti/bigfoot sightings in that area i would like to see when most sighting occur winter or summer, to see if it fits with the bears .
edit on 3-2-2013 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2013 by christafinias because: typo

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

ive never looked into it, but probably there would be more in the summer just because there are more people outside in the summer

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaSpy2012

You're 100% sure? OK then, show us the evidence.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Some documentary is not proof.

I thought you was 100% sure as in you had a bone or something.

Thanks for the videos though.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This post seems to be a good place for me to bring up something that I have been thinking about for some time. Has hair/fur recognition every been fully tested or is it like other theories that have just been accepted without proof. example dating technology. I remember a story where a prospector's mule had died and was buried in death valley. This was in the 1800's some time and in the 1980's the bones were tested and the results said it had died thousands of years ago. Yet they kept using that dating method even though it had been proven wrong. Is it the same with hair testing. I have seen many types of hair from different type of dogs. I am sure that there is a dog out there that has hair that looks like a racoon's hair. And what about morphed hair (the hair that comes out after there has been wounds that healed in that spot). Diet and disease all change the nature of hairs. So with out DNA that is not in the hair how can they really tell the difference?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Wow thanks! for the applause and selection, most appreciated

i can't wait to tune-in tonight and listen to what people have to say

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

hmmmmmm I'm not sure, i don't know much about the testing process, it's possible mistakes can be made.
thinking of your comment on a dog with a racoon type coat i suppose that would be like finding a human with horse type hair or dog body hair.....is this possible? i dont know tbh.

I will have to do some research Thanks!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

One thing though - the black bear isn't exactly rare here in the US.

Ursus americanus American Black Bear

I'm just being nit-picky with the Sun article - not your OP. Here in the US they are *the* most common bear by far. So likely you are right, one that was brought over there and escaped or was turned lose somehow.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

well most of the time if the hair is unidentifiable by hair recognition they will run dna tests and it comes up usualy being some known animal

top topics

join