It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFOs are gone!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonD

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
i think there are a lot of bogus stories circulating about. People that believe them simply have not looked harder than they should.

In many instances the men I've referenced have made these statements on video. Military, government, and Nasa astronauts.

One example among MANY: Gordon Cooper, Mercury astronaut, stating ON CAMERA that he has seen a ufo (classic saucer shape with a dome on top) land in a military base while being filmed by military officials. Unless there is some serious CGI magic moving their mouths and ventriloquists imitating their voices, these are not bogus stories.

It appears to me that you're the one who is not looking harder than they should. In fact, I would venture a guess that you simply assume these are bogus stories, or listen to someone like Phil Klass and just take his word as gospel.
Well, you don't have any sources do you? There is reason to believe Gordon Cooper is not credible. I don't think I have ever read anything by Phil Klass.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Well, you don't have any sources do you? There is reason to believe Gordon Cooper is not credible. I don't think I have ever read anything by Phil Klass.

Of course you think he's not credible, after all he's only one of the first Americans to go into space.

BTW he states this on camera in the UFO documentary "Out of this World".

Speaking of this documentary... in the revised edition, they have a section on the Phoenix lights, in which Governor Fife Symington comes out for a press conference because of the mass public outcry regarding this event - and he publicly ridicules the subject by bringing out a guy in an alien suit and laughing about it. The maker of the documentary actually befriended the Governor and has the governor's admission on camera that he PERSONALLY saw the Phoenix lights himself - and not just lights but an enormous physical craft, and the phenomenon was like nothing that he had ever seen before.

But I'm sure he's not credible either. He just happened to be the Governor of the state where the event took place.

Regardless, back to your original statement, which was that "these are bogus stories". It can be easily demonstrated that your "bogus stories" argument is totally false.

At this point, since there is no way to support your original premise, I suppose the next stage is to simply say that everyone who makes such a statement on camera is not credible?

edit on 15-2-2013 by BrandonD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Of course you think he's not credible, after all he's only one of the first Americans to go into space.

BTW he states this on camera in the UFO documentary "Out of this World".

Speaking of this documentary... in the revised edition, they have a section on the Phoenix lights, in which Governor Fife Symington comes out for a press conference because of the mass public outcry regarding this event - and he publicly ridicules the subject by bringing out a guy in an alien suit and laughing about it. The maker of the documentary actually befriended the Governor and has the governor's admission on camera that he PERSONALLY saw the Phoenix lights himself - and not just lights but an enormous physical craft, and the phenomenon was like nothing that he had ever seen before.

But I'm sure he's not credible either. He just happened to be the Governor of the state where the event took place.

Regardless, back to your original statement, which was that "these are bogus stories". It can be easily demonstrated that your "bogus stories" argument is totally false.

At this point, since there is no way to support your original premise, I suppose the next stage is to simply say that everyone who makes such a statement on camera is not credible?

Here is a very well researched article on the Cooper subject that I find credible.

www.zipworld.com.au...

As to the accuracy of the rest of Cooper's recollection of the "Edwards UFO", eyewitness Gettys had this to say in 1982: "I am amazed that Gordon Cooper said the object landed -- as far as I know, he never even saw it.... His story sounds kind of funny to me." And Gettys -- who still does not believe the '"weather balloon" explanation -- was there; Cooper, contrary to legend, played no role at all.

Whatever the true identity of the 1957 Edwards AFB "balloon/UFO", it is clear that the "Cooper UFO legend" is quite inaccurate here. No coverup or information loss was involved. The "UFO" never landed. Cooper had nothing to do with the incident (he was not connected with the film crew in any official capacity, and they had never heard of him) but was only an accidental bystander. But as a certified hero, his persona has been exploited by others who spread the legend for excitement, for ego, of for profit. That's a theme that far predates the space age!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I believe Fife Symington saw something as did a lot of other people. Not sure what your point is.

edit on 15-2-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Here is a very well researched article on the Cooper subject that I find credible.

www.zipworld.com.au...

As to the accuracy of the rest of Cooper's recollection of the "Edwards UFO", eyewitness Gettys had this to say in 1982: "I am amazed that Gordon Cooper said the object landed -- as far as I know, he never even saw it.... His story sounds kind of funny to me." And Gettys -- who still does not believe the '"weather balloon" explanation -- was there; Cooper, contrary to legend, played no role at all.

Whatever the true identity of the 1957 Edwards AFB "balloon/UFO", it is clear that the "Cooper UFO legend" is quite inaccurate here. No coverup or information loss was involved. The "UFO" never landed. Cooper had nothing to do with the incident (he was not connected with the film crew in any official capacity, and they had never heard of him) but was only an accidental bystander. But as a certified hero, his persona has been exploited by others who spread the legend for excitement, for ego, of for profit. That's a theme that far predates the space age!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I believe Fife Symington saw something as did a lot of other people. Not sure what your point is.

So essentially the only difference between this article's statement and Cooper's statement is that:

- the UFO did not land.
- information was not covered up.

Well if "Gettys" says it, then it must be true eh? Gettys is certainly much more credible. I mean, the military covering up information? That's a bit ludicrous to believe, Cooper.

Oh yea, I noticed they also threw "balloon" in there, as to imply that the object was a balloon. Of course, Cooper's description was pretty precise and it was absolutely nothing like a balloon.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

My point is that this EXACTLY contradicts your original statement.

I mentioned that officials in government, military and Nasa have publicly stated that they have seen these objects, and there is a genuine unknown phenomenon taking place.

You replied that people on the internet are spreading bogus stories.

I showed that this statement of yours is false. They are not bogus stories, they are fact and recorded on videotape.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

So essentially the only difference between this article's statement and Cooper's statement is that:

- the UFO did not land.

Well if "Gettys" says it, then it must be true eh? Gettys is certainly much more credible. I mean, the military covering up information? That's a bit ludicrous to believe, Cooper.

Oh yea, I noticed they also threw "balloon" in there, as to imply that the object was a balloon. Of course, Cooper's description was pretty precise and it was absolutely nothing like a balloon.

I'm not really all that interested in rehashing this story that has been discussed over and over. There are some good articles about Cooper and his credibility and it they seem reasonable to me. Why waste your time with me? Go right to the source of the article and discuss it with him. There is a link I posted to a Cooper thread. Go reply to the arguments there.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

My point is that this EXACTLY contradicts your original statement.

I mentioned that officials in government, military and Nasa have publicly stated that they have seen these objects, and there is a genuine unknown phenomenon taking place.

You replied that people on the internet are spreading bogus stories.

I showed that this statement of yours is false. They are not bogus stories, they are fact and recorded on videotape.
So people on the Internet are only posting factual informative stories?

I have no idea what stories you are talking about as you are speaking in a very broad sense. You brought up Cooper and I posted some information regarding why it would be reasonable to question his credibility. You said I had nothing to back that up.

There are a lot of bogus stories running rampant on the Internet that are taken as fact. There are a lot of people circulating false information repeatedly. These stories get shown to be false over and over.
Source

I am sure there are official people who have stated on camera that they have seen space ships and space people but that doesn't make it so either. Still not clear on your point.

I showed that this statement of yours is false

Can you show me again? I must have totally missed it and can't find it anywhere.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt
Yea probably safe to say they aren't out there.

With our technology we should have better videos or what have you but it seems that with the increase in tech reliable sightings drop.

Yeah because when the tech gets better so do the fakes.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Can you show me again? I must have totally missed it and can't find it anywhere.

Ok. It was a very simple exchange, it happened only hours ago. If you still disagree for some reason, then we can just drop it.

Me: There are people in high positions in government, military, and nasa who state that they've seen ufos and they are a genuine anomalous phenomenon.

You: Those statements are just bogus stories spread on the internet.

Me: Here are 2 statements, recorded on video, coming from both a nasa astronaut and the governor of New Mexico, both stating they they saw a ufo which in their opinion did not resemble in any way a terrestrial flying vehicle. Here is the documentary where any can see these videotaped statements for himself. Therefore, the statements are not all just bogus stories.

You: But how did you prove my statement of bogus stories false?

You can lead a horse to water...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Ok. It was a very simple exchange, it happened only hours ago. If you still disagree for some reason, then we can just drop it.

Me: There are people in high positions in government, military, and nasa who state that they've seen ufos and they are a genuine anomalous phenomenon.

You: Those statements are just bogus stories spread on the internet.

Me: Here are 2 statements, recorded on video, coming from both a nasa astronaut and the governor of New Mexico, both stating they they saw a ufo which in their opinion did not resemble in any way a terrestrial flying vehicle. Here is the documentary where any can see these videotaped statements for himself. Therefore, the statements are not all just bogus stories.

You: But how did you prove my statement of bogus stories false?

You can lead a horse to water...

I am really lost now. Seems like you are having an imaginary discussion with me.

The governor of New Mexico? Look harder.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian - The governor of New Mexico? Look harder.

Pardon me, governor of Arizona.

You know what I meant.

Semantics are the last refuge of a man who has no argument.
edit on 16-2-2013 by BrandonD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian - The governor of New Mexico? Look harder.

Pardon me, governor of Arizona.

You know what I meant.

Semantics are the last refuge of a man who has no argument.

That's not semantics. It was a factual error.

I have no argument because there is nothing to argue about. You made a general statement. Then I made a general statement which you said I couldn't back up. You then gave a specific example and i gave you some links backing up my position.

Just curious if you read the article about Cooper or the link to the Cooper thread I posted?

I actually watched the Cooper statements that you mentioned and some other ones. I then also took the time to read some articles that refute a lot of his claims. I actually believed the Cooper stories for some time but now I don't because I took the time to look a little harder. I'm not saying you have to not believe him but don't make some claim that people are sceptics because they don't look hard enough.

Most people who say there is no evidence, simply have not looked

This is utterly false. In fact, I would say the opposite is true. If you simply looked at the links I gave you, you would have done your part whether or not you accepted them. If you have more to offer, then please provide that information.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

check out my thread and see my alien experience. I got no pics but i kinda explained how that would be dangerous. Considering i witnessed an abduction.

But its very detailed and you might enjoy it even if you think its all fictional.

I'm also open to answering questions. I don't care what people say. I am not lying. So i will plaster it everywhere because the ugly truth is what allows our minds to expand and grow. Each horror we learn at a time.

I take your skepticism as a sign that you don't like the bull stories, but are still interested in the things people see. I will respect your opinions. I really just want people to know what i saw what is out there and what to expect if they see one. It is quite overwhelming.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
UFO sightings haven't decreased significantly....

Instead, their popularity and representation in mainstream media waxes and wanes with the popularity of the subject...

Right now, vampires, werewolves, and zombies are "in".... Another few years, and a blockbuster movie later, and aliens will be back "in"...simple as that. It's all cyclical.

So, the sightings haven't gone down...just our awareness of them has.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

- the UFO did not land.

And the fact that Cooper wasn't there. He didn't observe it himself. Slight difference.
Maybe you can provide a quote from him saying he was.
edit on 2/18/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

And the fact that Cooper wasn't there. He didn't observe it himself. Slight difference.
Maybe you can provide a quote from him saying he was.
edit on 2/18/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

If you claim he was not there, then perhaps he wasn't.

Are you saying that when he relates the story on camera of seeing the saucer-shaped object put down landing gear while being filmed by military personnel, he is telling a second-hand story?

Because it seems pretty clear that he is relating something he personally saw.

In the TV show Sightings the interviewer asks him if that saucer looked similar to a UFO he saw in 1951.

His answer is "Quite similar." If he had not actually SEEN it, then he would've simply said, "I don't know, I didn't see it."

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

Are you saying that when he relates the story on camera of seeing the saucer-shaped object put down landing gear while being filmed by military personnel, he is telling a second-hand story?

Gordon Cooper did have a UFO sighting of his own but he did not see that event , the camera crew filmed it then went and told cooper about it .
From the man himself ... @ 2.10 on the video .

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Gordon Cooper did have a UFO sighting of his own but he did not see that event , the camera crew filmed it then went and told cooper about it .
From the man himself ... @ 2.10 on the video .

Thanks for the vid, that does clear things up.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

In an interview, Cooper claimed to have held the film reel up and looked at the frames with the craft in them. On that point he was clear. Iirc it was then packed away and sent on.

Hearsay in other words and dependent on how much stock we invest in our claimants.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
At about 3:50 here he relates his personal sighting back in the 50s:

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join