It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author of "American Sniper" among the dead at Rough Creek

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
What is interesting is the link with the Ventura law suit. It just seems very convenient that this now can not happen. Were there higher ups worried at what might come out during the court case? Or maybe even they knew what was in the book were lies and didn't want that coming out (with a hefty payment to Ventura to boot).
Does seem a bit fishy I have to admit, and yet again, blame the 'crazy guy' scenario.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
He killed 160 people so there must be at least 160 parties that wanted him dead.
Lived by the gun died by the gun, how poetic !!!

"A Dead American Sniper." could the name of a new book.

His ego killed him.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Starviego, check your U2Us please, thanks.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI
What did Kyle do that you think he is scum?

Because he shot so many mooj?

What is mooj? Mujahideen ?

No, I have contempt for anyone that openly brags about killing hundreds of people including women. Also have great contempt for my countrymen that egg it on and cheer for it.

But go on with your troll nonsense, you'll get your stars and the mods will do nothing.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Author of "American Sniper" among the dead at Rough Creek

... meh

What ever the circumstances may or may not be... it seems as if justice has ironically played out its role here.

Even megalomaniacs are mere mortals.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by guymontag

He was in a combat situation and he took down those who threatened his fellow soldiers. End of story, I would have done the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------'

As to the situation, he was shot a an upscale lodge, not a firing range.

www.yourglenrosetx.com...

I have no other details about why this happened, though I have read that there maybe was a bounty on his head.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

maybe the shooter liked Jesse Ventura and just thought Chris was a D for making up lies

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

those thoughts were exactly what I felt. Dam i gotta get out of my conspiracy mode!!!!!!!! Or it is exactly what you say. Maybe PTB were concerned about his book and his personality. wait and see if the shooter turns up dead before the trial. or is he already dead???
edit on 3-2-2013 by sd211212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by guymontag

He was in a combat situation WHILE INVADING OTHER COUNTRIES and he took down those who threatened his fellow soldiers. End of story, I would have done the same.

There. Fixed.
There have been so many amazing people born in the USA, why you guys keep making heroes out of bastards?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

My opinion > your opinion.....and by the way, I am not American. I may disagree with some of the wars America has gotten into, I am well aware of the industrial military complex but that is mute when you are in a combat situation.

You're in the #, how do you deal with it.....you protect your mates as best as you can.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
A story like this might help awaken some more american people to how insane they have become or maybe once again it is simply demonstrating to the rest of the world that america has its grip on reality.

You take someone who has PTSD, a mental illness , and you put a gun in his hand. You give this person who is mentally ill a gun. A young man. Only 25 years old.

The man with the mental illness is given a full working , loaded, firearm, and then shots dead one of the countries most successful snipers.

You treat people with mental disorders by taking them to a shooting range?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
You take someone who has PTSD, a mental illness , and you put a gun in his hand. You give this person who is mentally ill a gun. A young man. Only 25 years old.

I'm betting a lot of details are yet to emerge. This thing makes less and less sense as it progresses.

However, consider: the guys with PTSD had it while they were in the service, too. Maybe not at the beginning, but they sure had it well before they mustered out. And they likely had access to more than just a rifle.

In my experience, most of what I'll call "conditional PTSD" happens OFF the AO. You get reactions later, when you're alone or in a calm situation and startled, or under mild stress you can't easily relieve.

The other issue is that PTSD is one of those "spectrum" things - at one end you get minor crap like temporary sleep disturbances which I had for a year or two, at the other end you get major breakdowns. According to the VA, I still have 'mild inappropriate situational awareness', which in practice means I don't like malls with upper floors or people I don't know grabbing me from behind. I don't consider myself insane, though.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Nobody is calling you insane. I am talking about mental illness.

I am merely highlighting the fact that somebody thinks it might be a good idea to treat mental illness at a shooting range with real guns and real people. Don't give them a playstation or a Wii and let them play skeet shooting. Take them to a shooting range and give them a fully loaded working gun.

You just don't see it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by Bedlam

Nobody is calling you insane. I am talking about mental illness.
You just don't see it.

And I'm saying "PTSD" is a really broad brush to tar people with. Somewhere in there, yeah, it's probably inappropriate to give you a weapon with live rounds. But the majority of PTSD is a minor annoyance or an inability to deal well with certain types of stress, which shouldn't translate into a loss of your franchise under the aegis of mental illness.

Hell, I used to be a point-shoot pistol instructor before I ran out of time to do it, I compete in NSCA. I'm the friggin' facility security chief (being a small contractor, we have to double up, it's tough to find janitors with security clearances, so I'm that too if my number comes up). I'm not who you've got to worry about, and technically at least, I came away with some minor quirks you could class as PTSD if you really wanted to.

What I don't want to see is a push by the MSM to try to disarm vets as all being raving loonies under some PTSD=no firearms legislation they'd like to pass.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have tears...for a remarkable man who leaves behind a young family...RIP.

According to the news here in Texas? A very troubled young ex-Marine who suffers from PTSD was the shooter.It happened during a charity event held at the gun range.

I know people and pro-marksmen who knew Chris Kyle personally and they have nothing but respect for a man who "did his job well..."

I suggest a bit of respect as well.Politics aside.

Perhaps TPTB would better serve the citizens of this country offering help for those who serve and devoting energy to their well-being both mentally and physically instead of shoving the CRAP they are currently down our throats?

I love all these self-serving Biblical quotes being tossed around..how about "Judge not lest you be judged?"

The man was a hero and deserves to be honored.
Four tours of duty and two Silver Stars among others...
edit on 3-2-2013 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2013 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There is a range at the lodge...

www.roughcreek.com...

Rifle/Pistol Range

Enjoy a variety of targets available on our 200-yard pistol and rifle range.

Shooting Complex

Consisting of 3 “Separate” Ranges: 1,000-Yard, 50-Yard and 100-Yard:

Elevated covered shooting platform, steel targets located at multiple distances, Remington 700 bold action / 308 cal sniper rig available for use, equipped with Nightforce optics, Harris bi-pod, rear monopod and anti-cant level.

Plus clay shooting

edit on 2/3/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

ah ok.

you reckon this story is really the MSM trying to get vets disarmed.

i don't know how you can make it any simpler.

you give a person with mental illness a gun and he shots dead the best sniper in the country.

and now your afraid the media will use this story to try and disarm vets.

i think the truth is that the universe is trying to send warnings to the country of america that it is on the edge of a cliff and if it don't take a step back very quickly its about to fall into an abyss of violence. how much longer can america ignore these warnings before anarchy and chaos breaks out.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I reckon that PTSD != mental illness across most of the spectrum.

I also reckon that it's a bad precedent to instill in the mens publica that it is.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here is a link in Google Maps

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

WOW! I hadn’t heard about this incident with Kris Kyle. It is ironic that people like Kris, who lived a wild and dangerous lifestyle and have survived some of the most dangerous situations a man could face, often die doing something normal. I had a buddy who died three weeks after returning from a deployment to Iraq. He survived bullets and IED’s only to be taken out by a drunk driver who ran a red light and struck his vehicle.

That’s life, I guess. You never know when it’s your turn and it’s usually unexpected.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join