It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Indians and their Ufo folklore which does not speak with forked tongue

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
In isolation the sine and triangular plots could be written off as patterns or mountains.

But together with the anti-phase sine waves, overshoot square wave (I forgot to attach my ground) and the complex wave these images really do look like they were taken straight from an electronics book. Or the result of watching someone testing with a function generator and scope.

In the absence of an other information I would say these were, in order of probability:
1. Drawn in recent history
2. The result of watching someone with a function generator and scope
3. Imagined patterns that, by chance, closely resemble 2

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

In the absence of an other information I would say these were, in order of probability:
1. Drawn in recent history
2. The result of watching someone with a function generator and scope
3. Imagined patterns that, by chance, closely resemble 2

I believed carved in rock is the correct term to use. The Indinas have been the custodian of these rock carvings and others in the area of Death Valley for generations going back to ancient times. If these are recent carvings done in the 60-70s then the indians would be in on it. I see no evidence that is the case.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by tgidkp

a characteristic instability of a clock pulse.

Would you mind elaborating on that? The vibrating quartz crystal in a clock generator is second only to atomic decay as far as precision goes. What "instability"?

I'm sure he means a clock pulse that is capacitively loaded. Or measured without the ground clip attached...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Great post OP. I think your comparison of the petroglyphs to the sinewaves is very interesting and it's the first time I've seen that approach before. Very striking resembalance to sinewaves for sure, it makes you wonder. Here's a few more photos from different locations with similar patterns:

Nine Mile Canyon, Utah

Great Kiva, New Mexico

I also find the ancient spiral petroglypgh very interesting. It can literally almost be found at all reaches of the earth and is one of the oldest symbols in human history.

Alaska

Australia

Neolithic Ireland

Nine Mile Canyon, Utah

All of Mesoamerica is just full of these symbols. I personally think it has something to do with the Fibonacci sequence or spiral galaxies.

Anyway, awesome post!

edit on 3-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: speelin

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
As always, it all comAs always, it all comes down to the mental hallucinations and imaginationes down to the mental hallucinations and imagination

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by sweord

That legend is similar to the Australian Aborigines.
I am not disputing the legend. It may have happened.
The dispute I have is the so called waveforms on the rocks.
Which are clearly the mountains and the rivers.
The whole thing is a lame Stichin esque attempt and smells the same. Stinky..

So if you are to carve your favorite mountain into a rock, it would look like a triangle wave with continious amplitude? Don´t you think, with the complexity of the other waveforms portraied there, this is a bit far fetched?
Also, what would the complex wave resemble? must be an awkward mountain...

I´m not saying my theory is right, but your are totally dismissing the whole thing, you are in denial mode.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by sweord

AA is self refuting since evolution is false then there cannot be any possibility for aliens let alone ancient ones.

Evolution is false? I'm sorry, but after you say that, I can't even begin to entertain any Idea you may have suggested otherwise.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Argue that evolyuchy lie is nonsense. Archaeologists have laughed along with biologists ....

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Why would everybody argue so hard on something so speculative? Here's what we know about it: 1. It's old. 2. It's connected with an old story about crashed flying craft.

Why are so many people so adamantly against Ancient Alien theory? I've seen both sides of it, nothing has been proven or disproven about it. It's Ancient! Meaning, it's beyond human memory, therefore, anything could have been happening. Why not just accept that it's a theory, and you don't agree with it.

Don't think that I'm condoning the guys that will accept nothing other than Ancient Alien theory. You guys are just as bad. Unless we invent time travel, you won't be able to prove your theory either.

My point is that none of us know either way, so stop acting like you do.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

My pleasure

Had good times to look and dwell with all this fine rock art!!
Maybe it is simple.
I think nobody yet mentioned it... maybe the waves should depict Snakes.
But where are the snake heads then

Whatever...

Here are some more.
To me these show better skills ------------------------------------------------>

Devils? Astronauts? Buffaloman?

Why always the swirl in one hand?
Are these "Ant People"? The one left has a tiny one

This one shows some action!
But why are the goats connected to each other?

My favorite one

Big cat? Bad trip?
Reaction of a Squaw when he came back with no food?

We only can trust in what the Elders once told.
They still share their mysteries.

edit on 3-2-2013 by Snaffers because: Tiny one is tiny one

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Petroglyphs are not easy to do. They take time, stamina, and deep thought (because you can't erase a carving once you've done it!). The very fact that these carvings were put down for all to see meant there was a story to be shared for all time with anyone who may want to know about the region. To the untrained eye it could be anything. To our modern eyes it could be anything that has meaning to our world. Not theirs. To people with an open mind who may not have seen anything modern it may be terrifying. Imagine someone from that time coming up to their version of a message board and seeing all these unusual patterns stemming from an unusual mechanical device. Looking at it you can tell it isn't natural. The shape alone tells one this but then you have a figure inside of it. It must have been quite large! It wasn't just to tell people of an unusual day. It was a warning that something not natural was in the area and to be careful.

To me they do look like sine waves. There is no way to tell without a device, I know. But why would they draw tall figures that looked like Medusa on a bad hair day to go with these things? Why waste time when time meant gathering food, setting up shelter? If it was more important than these things than it was something historically monumental that HAD to be shared.

Even without a device as evidence you can see that they took careful measure to make sure that curves looked like curves and not spikes. And that spikes were uniform to what they remember. And just what is that boxy-looking thing in the middle of it all? And why can't it be that otherworldly visitors came back to clean up their mess after a brave one or two of the Indian tribe went to investigate the crash and recorded it all? Leaving nothing behind but memories? If you ask me it's plausible.

Great thread OP.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Let me start by saying I firmly believe that Beings from other worlds exist and have often visited Earth. If a collision of 2 UFO's did happen above Death Valley and if it was witnessed by Native Americans, I'm sure the NA would have been very curious and have interacted as much as possible with the UFO visitors. That would explain the electronic tracings.

What would lend a great deal of creditability to this post would be copies of photos published by a known entity such as the Smithsonian or history department of a university. My reason for saying this is that without a location (And I can understand not wanting to give it to prevent damage by those who do not respect such drawings from antiquity) there is no reason to believe that such drawings were not done on a rock by modern man.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

S+F love this stuff. My guess is that is was young aliens flying there parents crafts and playing chicken.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by chrome413

Nope, the 'It's all speculative' excuse isn't going to work. Historical scholars and archaeologists have confirmed that they are just depictions of ordinary objects and not actually aliens/space craft in nearly all of the petroglyphs/stone tablets.

Actually, it is all speculation. Some scholars and archaeologists "speculate" they are depictions of ordinary objects. Others "speculate" they are something of a technological nature and the ancients saw something they didn't understand. Either way there is absolutely no way to prove without a shadow of doubt what they are or are not. Debating their meaning is absolutely pointless, because nobody was there to see what was happening. We can all have faith in what we "speculate" but that's it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

This is good.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Let me ask you something. You obviously have a faith in God. My church growing up believed that God sends signs for believers in different times. My old pastor believed that the "Bible Codes" were God's way of sending a message to this generation that He is real, alive and well and does care what is going on here.

So, I venture to say that Satan and his demons are more intelligent than me and most of us. And we know that Satan wants to be worshiped like God. And I know many christians who believe aliens to be nothing more than demonic entities. So then, could this be Satan's way of sending a sign to our time like God has done? And if so, wouldn't he be smart enough to start pulling this stunt thousands of years ago? If demons have been posing as extra terrestrial creators, then why start now? It would seem a more effective ruse to be doing it for thousands of years in order to fool humanity into worshiping him.

Basically, my point is here that I want to keep an open mind. Just because they could be demonic does not mean that the ancient petroglyphs don't depict just that.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Amazing.
I found this VERY easy to masturbate to.

S&F!!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Yet according to the OP the natives were familiar with sine waves.

So the natives were shown advanced theories in electrical currents, but were not shown how to draw properly?

That thought process is curious

Beautiful that. Even more curious how the logic of that escapes even more "advanced" people than the rock scratchers.

I gave you a star for that.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am new to the site and have been lurking around the past couple of weeks. I'm not always grammatically correct, as I believe anyone who has a fit over an apostrophe has more issues with this world than grammar.

This thread interests me a lot. I never got big into "AA". When racking my brain to develop my own opinion, I find myself thinking what Indians would think of these "craft". They had no insight of any object reaching such a speed that it would be damaged. Let alone, craft that were engineered with many parts. They think flying, they think bird.

If the story is accurate, I find this highly intriguing that the Indians were subjected to this. Good find OP.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join