It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Indians and their Ufo folklore which does not speak with forked tongue

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Please not more of this ancient alien nonsense that has been debunked time and again. Most ancient petroglyph which look somewhat like what an 'alien craft' may look like are really not all and have perfectly normal explanations. Only those with an agenda make out that they are something else that they're not. Is there even any evidence to confirm this ancient indian ufo crash story? For all we know you could have made this up, not saying you are though. The history channel is also not a credible source of information.

I was wondering about that, as the first time i saw these glyphs when they were shown on TV they never mentioned any of today's tribes knowing anything about them. I have seen them presented on TV many times since and never heard that story of the colliding ships.

It is becasue the colliding ships story comes directly from crystal link web site, which op unfortunatley left out of his references.

I can find no other reference to it apart from that site.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Suddenly because it's carved in a rock it's an absolute truthful depiction of events at the time? Your not winning your argument here. You don't even have one actually...

No... it may not be what people think, it may be nothing as well. But that's the problem, unlike me, lots of you there decide that something GOTTA have explanation, so let's step out of the uncertain and say it's nothing just to call it problem solved? Sorry, this is not scientific, unless proven what it means, it remains unknown.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Suddenly because it's carved in a rock it's an absolute truthful depiction of events at the time? Your not winning your argument here. You don't even have one actually...

No... it may not be what people think, it may be nothing as well. But that's the problem, unlike me, lots of you there decide that something GOTTA have explanation, so let's step out of the uncertain and say it's nothing just to call it problem solved? Sorry, this is not scientific, unless proven what it means, it remains unknown.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I don`t see anything unusual about these rock carvings they can all represent something that the indians saw around them in nature,mountains, mesa`s, stone arches,rivers,animals etc.
we need to also take into account that the details in the carvings have been erased over time by wind, rain, blowing sand etc.
I really don`t see anything mysterious about any of this.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I don`t see anything unusual about these rock carvings they can all represent something that the indians saw around them in nature,mountains, mesa`s, stone arches,rivers,animals etc.
we need to also take into account that the details in the carvings have been erased over time by wind, rain, blowing sand etc.
I really don`t see anything mysterious about any of this.

lol?

are you paid?

seriously, how can you deny these drawings?

i dare you to deny this!

Ancient Mayan Artifacts Revealed UFO - DISCLOSURE
A set of recently released Mayan artifact discoveries discussed in a previous video with Nassim Haramein and Klaus Dona. These are beautiful and very obvious in their content or message.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
We're covering this subject on ATS Live! Tonight

More info here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
We're covering this subject on ATS Live! Tonight

More info here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Because its a subject on ATS, and The ATS Live Radio show discusses subjects on ATS. The clue is in the name.

So why not?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Guess under that philosophy that makes any subject a candidate.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

www.youtube.com...

The subject of ancient indians and their folklore is covered as one of the talking points of this (linked) video where William shatner (original Captain kirk in Startrek) hosts discussion on Ufos, and vistation of earth by Ancient Astronauts. If it was good enough subject for Captain Kirk to talk about in 70s then i think its still a good enough subject to talk about today,

Guess under that philosophy that makes any subject a candidate.

not unless you can take us on your starship journey to somewhere more interesting. The stuff about indians and ancient astronauts is about 14 minutes in.

edit on 10-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Ok, people like to believe in fantasy and make believe. Not my place to take that away from them.

David Attenboroughs lack of compassion for gay animals is at least tangible. Yet, that gets no exposure.

Pardon me for being a skeptic. I will change my view, if someone presents more than a theory. Until then, it is bunk.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
They're in Marble Canyon, Death Valley...

www.ipernity.com...

Here's another one for you;

'Frogs' were involved;

edit on 2-2-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

The final picture reminds me of the silence from Doctor Who with the volts that shoot out of their hands.

But in all seriousness, could they have been describing what they remember before an abduction? As odd at that sounds..

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Didn't Scientology once talk about body parts and people being blown up and collected by "ribbons" of some sort (which represented these wavelengths) that caught the body parts in the sky?
edit on 11-2-2013 by starrysatya because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by magma

www.youtube.com...

William shatner (original Captain kirk in Startrek)

I had to quote this. Sign of the times. As if we didn't know......

Jezus I'm gettin old.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, archeologists believe that stone wasn't the only thing used to record information on. They used many things to record temporary information - carved into wood, lightly scratched upon fibrous plant life, and even recorded information on their clay ware and clothing.

So, the "unimportant" stuff such as fictional stories for entertainment and art, had a place to go.

Rock was meant to last. What they put on rock, they thought it so important, they wanted their generations to know it, and remember for all eternity.

I just can't write off pictographs as nonsense or having no important bearing upon us today.

S&F OP. I enjoyed reading your thread.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
An after thought of my earlier reply -

I wonder if anyone, whomever might be assigned to do it -

Wouldn't you think it important that we follow our ancestors suit? I mean. Books won't last. Nor even computers and other technological achievements. Wouldn't you think the basic formulas of trig, chemicals, basic scientific method - might need to be recorded by us? Quite literally etched in stone? After all, there is no saying some disaster won't send us right back into a stone age.

What do we have? The Georgia stone.

Cirque

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

Good thread, it cound be considered a credible case rather than 'it's just a story'. Let's analyze: Would the natives make up that story just to entertain each other with tales? - No, why would they bother to draw it all.

My question is, did they even have the story?

Please, OP, link us to a legitimate Native American Folklore site that contains that story.

Harte

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The OP starts with this:

The ancient indians in the American Southwest have a folk lore passed down since thousands of years ago of two objects (ufos) which collided high in the sky and one crash-landed in the region of Death Valley. The folk lore describes Men (or people resembling men) arrived and worked on repairing the damaged Craft. The repair was observed by the local Indians who recorded what they observed on rock petroglyph.

As far as I can tell, this is simply more of the lies and mischaracterizations promulgated by the Ancient Aliens crowd and their ilk.
This website is a good source for Native American folklore and mythologies. Their page on Shoshone folklore (the Shoshone are the creators of the petroglyphs in question) includes no such legend/folklore/myth.

The site I linked has a great many fantastical stories from Native cultural folklore. Yet they don't have this particular fantastical story.

I submit that this is because it is a fantasy - one arising from the puny imaginations of people trying to make a buck off the ignorant.

If I'm wrong, I'll certainly admit it. Please show me that I am.

Harte

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Conversely i could say please show me the OP theory is wrong. You see where it goes around in circles at the end of the day believe what you want.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Conversely i could say please show me the OP theory is wrong. You see where it goes around in circles at the end of the day believe what you want.

True.

However, the claim was made that the natives had this story in their folklore. The claim was not made that they didn't have this story in their folklore.

Because I was curious, I tried to find the truth of the matter, even though I wasn't the one that claimed it was true.

Would you agree that merely typing words on a forum doesn't make them true? The OP didn't say "It's possible they had this story in their folklore." The OP said they do have this story in their folklore. Do you think it's too much to ask that a person making such a claim should at the very least be able to provide some (if scant) evidence that it's true, if they are going to claim that it is?

If not, then I could settle the whole question right now. I'm a thousand year old alien and that was my spaceship that was damaged. So I know exactly what happened and every native that witnessed anything was promptly murdered and eaten.

Prove that what I say is false,.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join