It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are divorced Christians condemned to hell?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthxbai

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

Christianity isn't Judaism. You're dodging the points made.

Of course it is, Christ himself was a Jew.

He came not to change the law but to fulfill it.

And Christianity is the thing that's is left under the new covenant when Judaism, or the law was fulfilled in Christ.

That's why we don't sacrifice bulls and goats in church.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This thread has been an elightening read. I will answer the OP question this way:

I sometimes carry a quarter-sized spherical stone. It has been river-rounded and is chalcedony; it is translucent purple, with a brown occlusion. When I hear extreme judgement coming from folks I know, I sometimes offer them the stone and say, "you are without sin........ so you can cast it." To date, nobody has taken the stone.

I don't believe people are 'condemned to hell' for their unrepentant actions. We have all done things we are not proud of. Some of us have done things that still haunt us. We are human, and thus we screw up. We can only hope to do acts that balance the scales.

I think it's much more of a sin to remain with a person with whom they have grown far apart and no longer love. The human experience is fleeting. I think it's awful when people divorce and cause each other all manner of grief and strife. You've grown apart, just end it, and remember what you once were to each other. I don't see anything in Scripture that proclaims people who drift apart as condemned. Sometimes, it's the only way they can adjust to the next segment of their lives; sometimes, it's the best thing for two people.

My parents drifted apart. They stayed together until I left the nest. I can't imagine that God would want them to continue to live together. That ain't the God that I know.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

reply to post by kthxbai

But with repentance, you have to stop sinning. So, after you repent, you would have to stop being divorced, that is, remarry the spouse you got divorced from.

What is the best method for forcing someone to re-marry another? Gun, knife, blackmail, bribery?

All are quite effective if done properly.... take your pick

They took a vow, till death do us part, if they want to be parted, I guess they would have to be imprisoned and killed to keep that vow.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Christianity isn't Judaism. You're dodging the points made.

Of course it is, Christ himself was a Jew.

He came not to change the law but to fulfill it.

And Christianity is the thing that's is left under the new covenant when Judaism, or the law was fulfilled in Christ.

That's why we don't sacrifice bulls and goats in church.

Hebrews 8; 7
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.

Psalm 89 ;34 My covenant I will not break,
Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.

Either your God screwed up or changed his mind.
Or your bible is just full of lies and B S.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
This thread has been an elightening read. I will answer the OP question this way:

I sometimes carry a quarter-sized spherical stone. It has been river-rounded and is chalcedony; it is translucent purple, with a brown occlusion. When I hear extreme judgement coming from folks I know, I sometimes offer them the stone and say, "you are without sin........ so you can cast it." To date, nobody has taken the stone.

I don't believe people are 'condemned to hell' for their unrepentant actions. We have all done things we are not proud of. Some of us have done things that still haunt us. We are human, and thus we screw up. We can only hope to do acts that balance the scales.

I think it's much more of a sin to remain with a person with whom they have grown far apart and no longer love. The human experience is fleeting. I think it's awful when people divorce and cause each other all manner of grief and strife. You've grown apart, just end it, and remember what you once were to each other. I don't see anything in Scripture that proclaims people who drift apart as condemned. Sometimes, it's the only way they can adjust to the next segment of their lives; sometimes, it's the best thing for two people.

My parents drifted apart. They stayed together until I left the nest. I can't imagine that God would want them to continue to live together. That ain't the God that I know.

Well put.

Unfortunately, it is the God that the bible knows. Quite anti-love that God of love.

Seems he prefer unhappy souls living together than letting them find loving mates.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I just wrote out a big long what i believe in bit and it disappeared when i hit reply lol
I'm not writing it out again cos it took me ages as my brain catches up with my fingers
so i'll cut it down to everyone believes in something and if you don't I'm sorry for you cos if its God, Jesus, Allah, Aliens or a bunch of roses as long as it brings you peace of mind who cares what someone elses God says about the fires of hell.
Go do your own thing and enjoy yourself and if God does love all his children he should forgive you and slap your ears when you get to heaven if you followed a wrong path it's not your fault if you got it wrong.
I believe in God and Jesus but i don't ask him to forgive me every time i do something wrong he already knows what i did and if i remember I'll talk with him later about it Amen to that.
So I've driveled enough and i hope i haven't offended anyone but it's just my 5 cents as you Americans say

Peace and Love and may your God go with you as us Irish say lol

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by kthxbai

But with repentance, you have to stop sinning. So, after you repent, you would have to stop being divorced, that is, remarry the spouse you got divorced from.

What is the best method for forcing someone to re-marry another? Gun, knife, blackmail, bribery?

All are quite effective if done properly.... take your pick

They took a vow, till death do us part, if they want to be parted, I guess they would have to be imprisoned and killed to keep that vow.

So you think a divorced person should force their spouse to re-marry against their will?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Psalm 89 ;34 My covenant I will not break, Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.

And God didn't break His covenant, we broke it. In fact, it was broken before Moses made it down the mountain.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Psalm 89 ;34 My covenant I will not break, Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.

And God didn't break His covenant, we broke it. In fact, it was broken before Moses made it down the mountain.

So what is God's and Jesus' divorce law and is it anti-love or pro-love when it says let no man put asunder even if the wife gets beat twice a week?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Where does it say that? I've never seen something like that.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

You know, maybe I should start carrying a stone around. Thing is, I hang around a lot of smart alecs, so I might get the stone back with rather more enthusiasm than strictly necessary...

edit on 5-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Just my opinion......... what Matthew 19:6 is saying.......... let no man put asunder...... in other words, people shouldn't attempt to break a married couple apart. It's okay if God does it.

That's a bit of a slippery slope, though, huh? Who's to say what caused the separation. I personally take it to mean that if people shouldn't split because of a third person entering into a relationship with one of the couple, but if the couple elect to split, it's their right.

reply to post by AfterInfinity

There is always that risk when you offer someone a perfectly throwable stone, especially one of your mates -- that's just asking for it.
edit on 5/3/13 by argentus because: enterining?? whaaa?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Well put.

Unfortunately, it is the God that the bible knows. Quite anti-love that God of love.

Seems he prefer unhappy souls living together than letting them find loving mates.

Regards
DL

A person does not suddenly become an abusive person after marriage.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Where does it say that? I've never seen something like that.

Do you know how to imply or project a logic trail?

If there is a no divorce law, what are abused spouses to do if not just live with that abuse?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by argentus

You know, maybe I should start carrying a stone around. Thing is, I hang around a lot of smart alecs, so I might get the stone back with rather more enthusiasm than strictly necessary...

edit on 5-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Would you like a few?

I have enough for a huge castle.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Just my opinion......... what Matthew 19:6 is saying.......... let no man put asunder...... in other words, people shouldn't attempt to break a married couple apart. It's okay if God does it.

That's a bit of a slippery slope, though, huh? Who's to say what caused the separation. I personally take it to mean that if people shouldn't split because of a third person entering into a relationship with one of the couple, but if the couple elect to split, it's their right.

reply to post by AfterInfinity

There is always that risk when you offer someone a perfectly throwable stone, especially one of your mates -- that's just asking for it.
edit on 5/3/13 by argentus because: enterining?? whaaa?

A poor interpretation I think.

It is more likely that the third party would be a woman and the law does not say let no woman or let no person put asunder. It specifies no man.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Well put.

Regards
DL

True. Although some say living with someone brings it out.

What was your point divorce wise?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Well put.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

People should be more careful in their life long commitments.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Well put.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

That says nothing divorce wise and to say that one cannot walk away or change mistakes for a better situation is quite immoral.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Well put.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

That says nothing divorce wise and to say that one cannot walk away or change mistakes for a better situation is quite immoral.

Regards
DL

It is immoral to enter a life long commitment if you really are not committed.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join