Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Are divorced Christians condemned to hell?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Well put.

Unfortunately, it is the God that the bible knows. Quite anti-love that God of love.

Seems he prefer unhappy souls living together than letting them find loving mates.

Regards
DL

A person does not suddenly become an abusive person after marriage.

True. Although some say living with someone brings it out.

What was your point divorce wise?

Regards
DL

People should be more careful in their life long commitments.

That says nothing divorce wise and to say that one cannot walk away or change mistakes for a better situation is quite immoral.

Regards
DL

It is immoral to enter a life long commitment if you really are not committed.

I agree but to not allow divorce when one of the committed ones turns into a prick is even more immoral.

Right?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

A person does not change as you claim unless there is demonic possession involved. If that is the case, it is time for an Apostolic minister to be involved in the situation and not time for a divorce.

Marriage is not for someone who is not willing to fulfill their commitment, except in the case of fornication.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by kthxbai

reply to post by kthxbai

But with repentance, you have to stop sinning. So, after you repent, you would have to stop being divorced, that is, remarry the spouse you got divorced from.

What is the best method for forcing someone to re-marry another? Gun, knife, blackmail, bribery?

All are quite effective if done properly.... take your pick

They took a vow, till death do us part, if they want to be parted, I guess they would have to be imprisoned and killed to keep that vow.

So you think a divorced person should force their spouse to re-marry against their will?

That's what was vowed to before God, friends and family. They should not have been allowed to divorce in the first place, but since they did, if they wish to repent, they don't really have a choice...based on what those who demand this type of thing says anyway....

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

A person does not change as you claim unless there is demonic possession involved. If that is the case, it is time for an Apostolic minister to be involved in the situation and not time for a divorce.

Marriage is not for someone who is not willing to fulfill their commitment, except in the case of fornication.

Demonic eh.

Sorry my friend.
How can I argue when you are in woo land and I am in the real one?
Is there a bridge from me to you?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The only sin that sends one to hell is rejecting salvation through Jesus.

If a Christian gets divorced he/she is forgiven; if a Christian gets divorced over and over again, he/she is probably not a Christian to begin with.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1

Damnationist (Hell-believing) Christians talk out of both sides of their mouths. First, they tell you that Jesus loves you. Then they tell you that if you don't accept His salvation, He sends you to Hell. If He sends you to Hell, however, He must not have loved you. Which is it?

As a believer in Universal Reconciliation, I see that Jesus loves all and saves all, without exception. His ways are above our ways, and His response to rejection is not our response to rejection. His justice is not our justice. Our ways are carnal, our response to rejection is mutual rejection, our justice is to fine and punish. Jesus' ways are not carnal, but Godly, His response to rejection is Love, His justice is to die in our place. How do you stand against such Love? How do you insist that such Love sends anyone to "Hell"?
edit on 11-3-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah
edit on 11-3-2013 by Lazarus Short because: mmmm, mmmmmm, good

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Damnationist (Hell-believing) Christians talk out of both sides of their mouths. First, they tell you that Jesus loves you. Then they tell you that if you don't accept His salvation, He sends you to Hell. If He sends you to Hell, however, He must not have loved you. Which is it?

As a believer in Universal Reconciliation, I see that Jesus loves all and saves all, without exception. His ways are above our ways, and His response to rejection is not our response to rejection. His justice is not our justice. Our ways are carnal, our response to rejection is mutual rejection, our justice is to fine and punish. Jesus' ways are not carnal, but Godly, His response to rejection is Love, His justice is to die in our place. How do you stand against such Love? How do you insist that such Love sends anyone to "Hell"?

Jesus does not reject anyone who comes to Him. If one does not come to Jesus, one is rejecting Him.
I never said Jesus sends anyone to hell. One chooses that path for one's self.

God's divine justice demands payment for sin. Human's cannot pay for their sin. Therefore, Jesus paid for all sin. When one rejects the free gift of pardon one has no way to pay for the sins one has committed.

Universal reconciliation might happen...but I am not betting my eternal soul on it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 1PLA1

It's not a bet. It's a done deal. Jesus wins. We win. Satan loses.

Stay tuned. I'm posting a major thread starter in the next few days on this sub-forum.

edit on 11-3-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lad-de-dah

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

reply to post by 1PLA1

Stay tuned. I'm posting a major thread starter in the next few days on this sub-forum.

How would Jesus win by being around a great number of people for eternity that want absolutely nothing to do with Him and reject Him???

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

If a Christian gets divorced he/she is forgiven; if a Christian gets divorced over and over again, he/she is probably not a Christian to begin with.

I see. So all I have to do is line up to profit from God having his son needlessly murdered and buy into the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

www.youtube.com...

IOW, all I need do is ignore most of the moral teachings of the bible and sell my soul to Satan.
No thanks.

Get thee behind me Satan 1PLA1 .

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Wow. I see one who actually is trying to understand God and Jesus. + 1 my friend.

Like Jesus, you would-----
Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

You are correct in that love is as love does.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by 1PLA1

How would Jesus win by being around a great number of people for eternity that want absolutely nothing to do with Him and reject Him???

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

L S can probably quote you a dozen more that says you who has such little faith in God are wrong.
But you don't care as you love to hate the dreaded others too much and want to see them burn.

L S found the loving part and not the hating part of God so you might give a decent Christian a listen to.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I don't hate either, I would prefer that all men repent. But I also know most won't. Jesus also said that most won't. There's a difference between what I wish would happen and what I know will happen.

Same applies whenever I decide to buy a Powerball ticket.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

reply to post by 1PLA1

Jesus wins by, having been lifted up, drawing ALL men unto Himself. Did you think it's over when we die? Look at the Law of the Jubilee - when the trumpets sound, ALL men, no matter how big their debt or state of servitude, go free to return to their lands and inheritances - no exceptions. So it will be at the last trumpet.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

reply to post by 1PLA1

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

L S can probably quote you a dozen more that says you who has such little faith in God are wrong.
But you don't care as you love to hate the dreaded others too much and want to see them burn.

L S found the loving part and not the hating part of God so you might give a decent Christian a listen to.

Regards
DL

Actually, I have at least 77 Biblical texts to support my contention that God saves ALL. If not, how is He ever going to be All in all???

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

reply to post by 1PLA1

Jesus wins by, having been lifted up, drawing ALL men unto Himself. Did you think it's over when we die? Look at the Law of the Jubilee - when the trumpets sound, ALL men, no matter how big their debt or state of servitude, go free to return to their lands and inheritances - no exceptions. So it will be at the last trumpet.

So what about John 3:18 and Mark 16:16? John 5:24? 1 John 3:23?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

God's law prescribes no worse punishment than death, the first or the second death. Condemnation and/or judgment may be severe, even to the point of the second death, but it can only be temporal, as death and the grave are eventually cast into the Lake of Fire. Damnationists make Hell into an idol.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

God's law prescribes no worse punishment than death, the first or the second death. Condemnation and/or judgment may be severe, even to the point of the second death, but it can only be temporal, as death and the grave are eventually cast into the Lake of Fire. Damnationists make Hell into an idol.

I don't worship hell, I'm not even concerned with it. But I am passionate about believing Christ said what He meant. And btw, the second death is the lake of fire. Annihilationism would make the statement that a person's torment would never cease be a lie.

So what about those verses? What is condemnation? You're saying that all will be saved, that's inconsistent with some being saved and others being condemned.
edit on 13-3-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What is condemnation?

coming back here?

Over and over again until said person figures it out?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What is condemnation?

coming back here?

Over and over again until said person figures it out?

That would be worse than Hell.

Figure what out exactly? That Jesus is Lord like the thief on the cross did?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join