Are divorced Christians condemned to hell?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I've already stated numerous times that when the plural Elohim is used for God it "always appears in the singular context". You're affirming my argument for me. Every time this happens it's technically a grammatical error. A pluralised noun in a singular context. A perfect example in an English construct would be:

"Today I went to the Ford dealership and bought myself one bright red trucks".

And a plural noun in Hebrew signifies a minimum of three. The dual is used for only two of something (see link on duals), and the singular is self explanatory.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

I've already stated numerous times that when the plural Elohim is used for God it "always appears in the singular context". You're affirming my argument for me. Every time this happens it's technically a grammatical error. A pluralised noun in a singular context. A perfect example in an English construct would be:

"Today I went to the Ford dealership and bought myself one bright red trucks".

And a plural noun in Hebrew signifies a minimum of three. The dual is used for only two of something (see link on duals), and the singular is self explanatory.

My view on Elohim is the same as the Jewish view and they know their language as well or better than you.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

1. Millions of Jews are Messianic" Christian.
2. Revelation calls Judaism, Talmudic specifically, the "synagogue of satan", so that's not a strong argument.
3. Jesus pronounced spiritual blindness on them until they acknowledge their offense and seek Him earnestly.
4. John said those who deny the relationship the Father has with the Son has the "spirit of antichrist", again not a strong argument to agree with them.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

1. Millions of Jews are Messianic" Christian.
2. Revelation calls Judaism, Talmudic specifically, the "synagogue of satan", so that's not a strong argument.
3. Jesus pronounced spiritual blindness on them until they acknowledge their offense and seek Him earnestly.
4. John said those who deny the relationship the Father has with the Son has the "spirit of antichrist", again not a strong argument to agree with them.

I speak of true Judaism, not Talmud/Kabbalah Judaism. The kabbalists actually have trinities.
edit on 26-2-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

"True Judaism", which would be Mosaic was impossible in 70 AD with the destruction of the temple. Since the Council of Jamnia Judaism has been Talmudic. For almost 2000 years now to be precise.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

"True Judaism", which would be Mosaic was impossible in 70 AD with the destruction of the temple. Since the Council of Jamnia Judaism has been Talmudic. For almost 2000 years now to be precise.

Incorrect. True Christianity is true Judaism.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Christianity isn't Judaism. You're dodging the points made.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Yes, it is. We are the seed of Abraham. Our Messieh is King of the Jews.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I never denied any of that, I said Christianity isn't Judaism. Either Mosaic, or Talmudic.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I never denied any of that, I said Christianity isn't Judaism. Either Mosaic, or Talmudic.

If Jesus is King of the Jews, a Christian is either Jewish in faith, or Jesus is not their King.

According to Paul, a Jew is someone who has received circumcision of the heart (a Christian), not one who has only received circumcision of the flesh.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

He is the King of the Jews. But you're forgetting the numerous places in the OT where He is to rule not just Jerusalem, but the entire world. Not just Jews but also Gentiles. He's Lord over all the Earth, not just Israel.

I think you're trying to wiggle out of your previous statement, I think you had no idea that Judaism has been Talmudic since the council of Jamnia.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is unified in One just as the Shema states. "He" is God, not "them/they".

So if unified they would all be equal in knowledge and other conditions. Yet Jesus said that only the Father knew certain things like when the end of days was. Also, why can we curse two of the triplets and be forgiven but to curse the holy spook is not forgivable?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Don't confuse equality with sameness.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

The Shema states one God, not three gods/persons in unity.

The Shema states One in unity. The Hebrew word used is "echad" not "yichad". The same word "echad" is used whwn it says Adam and Eve became one flesh. Yichad would be a singular one. Plus anytime the word Elohyim is used it's a plural. And it must be at minimum 3. Because Hebrew has the singular, a "duo" for two of something, and the plural for three or more. "Elohyim" is "Gods". ]

Care to listen to this at about 9.30 on and see what they say about God and the fact that most of the old Gods were androgynous.

Which explains nicely the scripture that I show below.

www.youtube.com...

Genesis 5:2
Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Do you think God was calling Eve Adam?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Christianity is the ultimate 'do-over'. Kill, rape, take a god's name in vain, whatever. All ya gotta do is say you're sorry and you'll never do it again and you get a reboot.

And yet they think that atheists are immoral.

You're forgetting repentance which is a prerequisite for forgiveness.

But with repentance, you have to stop sinning. So, after you repent, you would have to stop being divorced, that is, remarry the spouse you got divorced from.

Otherwise, I guess the repentance doesn't count and that person will just have to burn in hell with all those darn homosexuals they go on and on about now won't they?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Of course it is, Christ himself was a Jew.

He came not to change the law but to fulfill it.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Why do you think discussing and disagreeing is slamming? Plus most of our discussion was on topic or related to the topic.

To the rest of your post... God did not have two wives at the same time. The divorce between God and the Jews was for the one and only reason that God allows divorce... fornication. Divorce for any other reason is sin.

I disagree from reading what Jesus said about Moses and the divorce law that Moses, not God, introduced thanks to the hardness of male Jewish hearts.

Jesus never accepted the new law and just says that in the beginning it was not so.

Scriptures also say that God never changes his mind or covenant and he would have to to endorce any reason for divorce.

I do not blame the Jews for ignoring such an anti-love command from God who is supposed to be all about love.

Let no man put asunder.

Psalm 89 ;34 My covenant I will not break,
Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.

Moses dared change God's law and Jesus never condoned it.
Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Lazarus Short

It would be a sin to have two wives. God does not sin.

Yet he did while coveting Mary, another mans' woman for inappropriate reproduction.
We ended up, if you believe such miraculous nonsense as invisible flying sperm, with a half breed chimera Jesus/God and Jesus ends up with a deadbeat dad.

Quite a poor example for a sinning God to give us when you consider that we are to use him as out template for morals.

Let's all become deadbeat dads and follow God my friends. That is the moral thing to do. Not.

Regards
.DL

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

You should start up your own Hebrew school in Israel, since you think you know more about Hebrew than every Jew who has ever lived.

That doesn't address either link.

Elohim is not seen by the Jews as teaching multiple gods/persons as you claim. They know their own language well.

Psalm 82:1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Note the plural of Gods.

John 10
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

1 Thessalonians 1:4
Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

But with repentance, you have to stop sinning. So, after you repent, you would have to stop being divorced, that is, remarry the spouse you got divorced from.

What is the best method for forcing someone to re-marry another? Gun, knife, blackmail, bribery?

Otherwise, I guess the repentance doesn't count and that person will just have to burn in hell with all those darn homosexuals they go on and on about now won't they?

Repentance means to change one's mind. A change in behavior is the secondary consequence of that. But repent means to change one's mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join