It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Robodoon

Now that's what I call Hope & Change!

Remember, kids: Democrats care about the working folk... they didn't name it the Affordable Healthcare Act for nothing, you know.

Oh, and the IRS is a Right Wing Nutjob Propaganda Org.

Why didn't anyone try and warn us about Obamacare? Lolz!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Robodoon

Obamacare makes me SICK..... It's incredible how "language" in the plan can be interpreted either as a penalty or a tax (which is illegal), but the US Govt., I mean Obama, doesn't give two sh*ts about taking it the american people. Obamacare is unjust on so many levels its not even funny...

i can't stand Obama but I choose to stay living here in ground zero (Illinois)... I must be sick of something, because Illinois is his little test monkey for him and all his cronies...
edit on 1-2-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
Forced to buy healthcare... or what? Locked in a cage?

Sounds American to me.

Not locked in a cage, they will just have their income tax returns intercepted and these families that rely on them each year will be punished.

I don't know what reality Obama lives in, when there are people who choose between food and medicine, or can barely afford gas just to get to work each week, that is if they have a job.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by litterbaux
I did not read the Obamacare plan.

Congratulations, you're officially qualified to be a United States Senator (D) or U.S. Congressmen (D)!

At what point does America stop the horsecrap and take a stand?

I just had coffee come out my nose! Thanks!

2nd line.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Obama doesn't share all the blame here.
There's another 500+ crooks and liars that are responsible for the Obamacare fiasco.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is simply financially impossible. The IRS just gave everyone in the country a reason to tell them to go to hell.

Meanwhile, we could have plenty of money to give everyone free health care and higher education if a few pennies were siphoned off the Pentagon's piggybank.

If we all stop paying taxes of any kind, how long before the Federal Reserve creating their own 'money' out of thin air ceases to be an option even in the la-la land known as our 'government'?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Privatized healthcare is eugenics. The poor die while the wealthy do not have to worry about access to the best medical care. To not worry about paying for a $500 a dollar prescription that your insurance will not cover, that is, if you're lucky enough to have insurance. Hospitals even have fancy elegant hospital rooms for the rich. I didn't know they existed until my father was put in one.
edit on 1-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

wow,40? thats pretty steep, i payed 17.so if it can be done for 17,why the extra?yup,overcharging then put the blame on the needy ones. and if we think every one paying will stop the crooks,we got some good surprises ahead.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Anyone know what happens to the self empolyed?
I am a solo llc, with no insurance.. Any advise?

trivia: What happens if you incarcerated?

edit on 1-2-2013 by SunLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
Forced to buy healthcare... or what? Locked in a cage?

Sounds American to me.

Not locked in a cage, they will just have their income tax returns intercepted and these families that rely on them each year will be punished.

I don't know what reality Obama lives in, when there are people who choose between food and medicine, or can barely afford gas just to get to work each week, that is if they have a job.

Since it`s considered a tax if you don`t pay it you will face the same consequences that any other tax evader would face, prison, confiscation and auctioning of your home and personal property.
It`s pretty sneaky how they found a back door way of making being poor a crime.being poor and not being able to afford health insurance isn`t a crime but tax evasion is.

edit on 1-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
These are EXAMPLES on how the penalty will be calculated...they aren't actual values.

It's right there in the IRS document....
www.irs.gov...

Example 3. Family without minimum essential coverage. (i) In 2016, Taxpayers
H and J are married and file a joint return. H and J have three children: K, age 21, L,
age 15, and M, age 10. No member of the family has minimum essential coverage for
any month in 2016. H and J’s household income is $120,000. H and J’s applicable
filing threshold is $24,000. The annual national average bronze plan premium for a
family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000.

look, this one uses $5,000 for the average bronze plan....but the stupid CNS article doesn't bother to tell you that...does it????

Example 1. Unmarried taxpayer without minimum essential coverage. (i) In
2016 Taxpayer G is an unmarried individual with no dependents. G does not have
minimum essential coverage for any month in 2016. G’s household income is
$120,000. G’s applicable filing threshold is $12,000. The annual national average
bronze plan premium for G is $5,000.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Thanks for attempting to provide facts...but this is a hit piece thread.

The OP and the source article have already been shown to be mis-leading...but that won't stop people from repeating this now over and over on these boards because nothing will be done about this thread. It will be left up to mis-lead more and more people.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Evil at its finest at work here......
I guess I should hurry up and purchase my burial plot before they are all taken!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Section 5000A(e)(1)(A) provides that an individual is exempt for a month for which the individual does not have access to affordable minimum essential coverage. For this purpose, an individual does not have access to affordable coverage for a month if the individual's required contribution (determined on an annual basis) for coverage for the month exceeds 8 percent of the taxpayer's household income for the taxable year.

Page 23, from here: www.irs.gov...

In other words, if the required contribution (love the choice of words there--we contribute, we don't "pay" lol) exceeds 8% of your household income, then you are exempt. In other words, if your household income is only $24,000, then 8% of your household income would be $1920. 1920 divided by 12 months is $160 a month. I believe that what they are saying is that if it exceeds that $160 for a month, you are exempt from the contribution. So it's definitely scaled for to prevent undue hardship based on household income.

Caveat: Only on my second cup of coffee and breezed through the IRS document to find this. Hate legalese so my interpretation may be wrong but I was trained to read IRS docs for this kind of info so probably am not.
edit on 1/2/13 by WhiteAlice because: feeling the need to be responsible with info

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Its funny how the liberals were out in DROVES screaming about this and how it will work for everyone.. now that the facts are coming out... its hard to see people defending this

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Soon that will be referred to as "paying your fair share", and if you can't "pay your fair share" then I guess it's off to the camp for you.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by muse7

Thanks for attempting to provide facts...but this is a hit piece thread.

The OP and the source article have already been shown to be mis-leading...but that won't stop people from repeating this now over and over on these boards because nothing will be done about this thread. It will be left up to mis-lead more and more people.

No different from referring to AR-15s as "assault weapons" or "automatic assault rifles", really. But I guess you'd probably be okay with that one.

Whatever the number end up being, it is large and unaffordable, we are all pretty sure about that. At this point it can only be speculative.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Funny how ONLY this obscure and pandering "news source" has this story. Anything for a donation which, conveniently, you can make at the bottom of the page. None of this raised any flags?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
when i google this i see mainly unknown sorces and blogs, i think foxnews had an article. i think that possibly news sources are still trying to decipher all the language in the document before they start going for the throat.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Right wing conservatives have become the poster child for the misinformed... And it's their own side doing it. Like self-retardation. Was it the black president or the scary muslim terrorists that brought them to this place of pure insanity? Should a party built entirely on disinformation be considered a viable political party? They shun their own intellectuals like Ron Paul... Its like they want only retarded poo-slingers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join