It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

in some places, Medicare patients have been experiencing this for several years now.
it doesn't bode well for the future or anyone's health.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

the same kind i saw last time ... one who had "never heard of" the ailment i've been dealing with for over 25yrs

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by daniel_g
The government? Sounds more like I'll be covering it! The government is my taxes, I don't want you to get insurance using my money when I don't even pay insurance for myself. I've got my own reasons not to do it and I never needed to.

Yes you will be covering it. You probably wouldn't agree with the other ways it could be spent either but at least this gives back to your fellow american. Would it make you happier if it was spent sending more american youths off to senseless wars?

Maybe this is a better choice even if the choice isn't yours to make.

edit on 3-2-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

I currently serve in the reserves, let me tell you the reserve drills are the best idea ever but also (currently) a very bad joke. I am in a civil engineering squadron and haven't touched a single training tool since tech school. I do HVAC there but not in my civilian life, so at a very slow rate I am losing a lot of the knowledge I gained there. I am not scared to deploy (would not have signed up if I was), but I am scared that when I do I will fail my peers, all because the lack of funds.

If I could choose where all my federal taxes went to, it'd be the military.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Why would you would rather have that money go to a defense contractor than to a health care provider?

Why use that money to pay someone to go into combat instead of paying them to rebuild infrastructure?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
God dammit, why can't I just use the emergency room like I used to? Damn Obama.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Why would you would rather have that money go to a defense contractor than to a health care provider?

Why use that money to pay someone to go into combat instead of paying them to rebuild infrastructure?

It's a proven fact that destruction will "trickle down" and turn into creation.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Care to read my two replies? I've already answered that question, still I can go into a little bit more detail:

1- Insurance, be it state, government, or privately funded drives the real cost of healthcare up. When was the last time you went for the "cheaper" option after your doctor said "your insurance covers it"?

2- Contrary to popular belief, the uninsured drive healthcare costs down.
Doctors and hostpitals (the good ones at least) will do everything to save your life if needed, but they won't go the extra mile and give you a private room, with a private nurse, and a few flowers if you can't pay for it.

3- The only advantage of insurance is innovation, research, etc.

4- You argued that in the end all this money returns to americans. So does every single cent spent on any defense program! Paying taxes is like paying a private company to perform a service for me, the only problem? I don't get to decide who this company is.

I hope you mean using that money to rebuild infrastructure here in the US, else this would be a somewhat ignorant question. So if you did mean here in the US, the answer is simple: I pay state taxes for that.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

4- You argued that in the end all this money returns to americans. So does every single cent spent on any defense program! Paying taxes is like paying a private company to perform a service for me, the only problem? I don't get to decide who this company is.

While both return the money to americans they don't do it in the same way or where it is most beneficial for "the people".

I hope you mean using that money to rebuild infrastructure here in the US, else this would be a somewhat ignorant question. So if you did mean here in the US, the answer is simple: I pay state taxes for that.

Why would I mean anything other than US infrastructure. State taxes are not cutting it, so while you can say that you pay state taxes for that, it really isn't saying much.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

While both return the money to americans they don't do it in the same way or where it is most beneficial for "the people".

Funny how you put quotes around "the people".. Who is "the people" to you? My guess is middle class america and up don't make the cut because as I explained, there is nothing beneficial about Obamacare for them. Funny how we sometimes forget "We the people" is not "We the poor".

Why would I mean anything other than US infrastructure. State taxes are not cutting it, so while you can say that you pay state taxes for that, it really isn't saying much.

www.politifact.com...

We spent what, billions, trillions, to destroy Afghanistan and Iraq. The least we could do before leaving is rebuilding them. I am sorry you feel we shouldn't be there just because it costs money and americans get killed every day, what happened to humanity? We the people of america, are not superior to anyone else. We, however, did a horrible mistake going into those wars. It's too late now, can't turn the clock back.

I'd rather have a super funded military rebuilding Afghanistan and providing security to those that need it than using that money to build infrastructure locally. But guess what, we have neither and having the latter would be a mistake - just one step closer to communism.

But maybe in your opinion we should turn into a communist state, North Korea seems to be doing really well, building brand new useless buildings and roads by the day. The goverment should build my home because I am an american and my taxes pay for it. Heck! I'll quit my job and receive food stamps, healthcare and everything else for free, my life will be like one big vacation!! - Or that is, until they start forcing us to work.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

So nothing to add, just deflect.

Yes we understand what your opinion is and you are free to hold it but, all I did, was point out how something different to your opinion may serve "the people" better.

"The people" means everyone.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by Robodoon

I will LOL at them, as they attempt to "take" it from me, I will simply do what those with skills and a strong back have been doing for ever.

Work under the table, keep all the money, and stay off the grid, using only prepaid and or pay as you go services and places like wal-mart and check smart to cash checks, so they cant steal your money through the robber barron bankers.

$20,000 is too much for at least the half of Americans at or below the poverty level.( thats right half of America is at or below the povety level) Where do these douche bag numbers guys come up with the crap at?

This entire bill is unconstitutional, as the .gov wasnt given the power to rape the populous in the constitution or the bill of rights, unless I missed it in there somewhere. As well as the fact Americans are aloud to file chapter 13 on debts owed to the .gov, I guess I will just file it on obama care every 7 years, thus relieving myself from the crushing debt perpetually.

Glad I am moving to Texas in 2 weeks, as it is one of the states refusing to comply.

Then they will start charging your customers/boss with: aiding and abetting or accessory
then you say how will they know? Can you say Uav.. I hope not.. But very possiable.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Things to consider:

1. This is "insurance" not a health plan and you are not guaranteed treatment.

2. This kind of "insurance" does not cover a single thing I use for "treatment."

3. This kind of insurance only recognizes treatments for cancer that I deem human torture, but asks me to pay for the treatment as the exclusive way to "treat" not "cure" cancer for either myself or others. Think about it, I will never take chemo, but am denies my treatment of choice, but am lawfully bound, by criminal statute to pay for someone else's chemo. (btw adding up all the money spent on "finding a cure for cancer" by all the countries of the world, over the last 100 years, one has to deem this effort at the greatest failure of mankind - all time).

5. This is "insurance" which is "just in case" yet, costs more then a years worth of food for this family of four, food which is a need - curious?

6. If healthcare is a crises, why are companies building more hospitals etc?

This is ownership over bodies legislation, designed to put the gov, through these impersonal systems, in charge of all of you think and do. It is a disguised enslavement process designed to centralize all actions taken by a person with regard to themselves. Mental Health Control through incarceration and drugs will be the final result of the trojen horse. You will see, if we all live that long, forced Mental Health actions taken on people, primarily through drugs to correct their thinking.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Tell them what the poor have always told them.... "good luck collecting that from us."

People can't afford food and gasoline, but an extra $20k in Obamacare? Not going to happen realistically.

well the point is, the elites want most of us DEAD. They brag about that fact!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Not sure if it's been posted, but the IRS document that this BS information is pulled from, is using $20,000 as an example for how penalties would be applied, and does not reflect an accurate estimate on the market rate for insurance.

I hope this thread gets tossed in the hoax bin.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just FYI, my business issurance went up 24% per employee....

that totalled out at 24K

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join