It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
cnsnews.com...

Comment: I guess people are surprised that Obama Care is based on UN Agenda 21 ideas, basically Eugenics.

Obamacare is wanted death, that is what UN AGENDA 21 is... To the elites, the death they need to produce the world they seek to rule as little gods.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Robodoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by Robodoon because: I dunt spel tings right al da tim....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Tell them what the poor have always told them.... "good luck collecting that from us."

People can't afford food and gasoline, but an extra $20k in Obamacare? Not going to happen realistically.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

“The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000,” the regulation says.

Say what........

And that's the base price......

Using the conditions laid out in the regulations, the IRS calculates that a family earning $120,000 per year that did not buy insurance would need to pay a "penalty" (a word the IRS still uses despite the Supreme Court ruling that it is in fact a "tax") of $2,400 in 2016.

Um, not every body makes $120,000 a year.
Most families are strapped already without having to be forced to pay this price.
Depending on the legal implications, seems it would be cheaper to pay the fine.....not sure what would happen if one had to go to the ER tho...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

“The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000,” the regulation says.

Depending on the legal implications, seems it would be cheaper to pay the fine.....not sure what would happen if one had to go to the ER tho...

If you can pay it that is.. Owing the IRS isn't a good idea I hear.. I'm kind of screwed.. I still don't understand how I don't own the right to my body..

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
"They" know what is coming soon.... mass population health degradations via Agenda 21 implemented 10-20 years ago now finally showing results. People as young as 18 are going to become dependent on medical care and those costs will be high, I know several couples in their 20s who HAVE TO have health insurance because they are at the doctor's office every week with something wrong with them.

The goal is population reduction and tighter control on everyone's lives who survives the culling, the kicker is, they expect us, the victims, to pay for our own culling. Hah!

They slow kill us, we pay for it... pretty slick, and is going to happen most likely.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Why does Obama care cost a sixth of the income of a family making 120,000?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Point number one.... This is CNS, folks.

Point number two... This figure is used in an example on how to determine the amount of the new tax, the IRS does not say that the cheapest plan will be 20,000, it uses that figure in the example.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Propaganda at its finest....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm sure this "administration" hasn't considered the very real fact that there are tons of families of four and five who are living on $20k a year. My question is, can you eat health insurance? Because if not, these folks are going to get awfully hungry.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Because pharmaceutical and insurance lobbyists don't pay for themselves.

Who else stands to gain from this nonsense?

ETA: Actually, I take that back. They do pay for themselves, many times over. Having influence over the people who make the laws is a profitable endeavor.
edit on 31-1-2013 by VariableConstant because: reality

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Robodoon

I'm awfully grateful the citizens of Missouri passed a state amendment to outlaw this crap AND to prohibit by state law any penalties assessed against any resident of the state in relation to non-compliance. Our Governor tried to get the legislature to consider some exceptions, as the law now states only they or another voter referendum can do it ...but he all but got laughed at right there by the State House.

Obama has some 10th issues to attend to ...and it'll be no technicality in Missouri. It also passed by 61%. The statement was as clear as humanly possible. They can have their exchanges. We're not buying.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
What's that old adage about extracting plasma from an edible root?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

If you can pay it that is.. Owing the IRS isn't a good idea I hear.. I'm kind of screwed.. I still don't understand how I don't own the right to my body..

I hear that......never imagined that we would literally be forced to go through with this crap.

While the per-person penalty is capped each year, families can still owe more if their income is high enough because the law states that families must pay the greater of either the per-person penalty of 2.5 percent of their taxable income.

So, the poorer middle class people will have to pay the cap total of the fine.....$ $2,085 for 2016, but that cap will rise with inflation every year thereafter.

Where as the more well to do families have to pay the "greater" amount ......2.5 percent of their taxable income.

IRS: Parents Must Pay Federal Fine for Uninsured Kids

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Originally posted by stirling

Because pharmaceutical and insurance lobbyists don't pay for themselves.

Who else stands to gain from this nonsense?

I'm guessing a large portion of the members of the AMA?

What minimal percentage of their regular fees do most physicians currently receive from Medicare and Medicaid?

I'm guessing Obamacare will normalize payments to Dr. so & so.....SO, they would have as much to gain as the drug makers, and the medical insurers, I'm sure....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Robodoon

I will LOL at them, as they attempt to "take" it from me, I will simply do what those with skills and a strong back have been doing for ever.

Work under the table, keep all the money, and stay off the grid, using only prepaid and or pay as you go services and places like wal-mart and check smart to cash checks, so they cant steal your money through the robber barron bankers.

$20,000 is too much for at least the half of Americans at or below the poverty level.( thats right half of America is at or below the povety level) Where do these douche bag numbers guys come up with the crap at?

This entire bill is unconstitutional, as the .gov wasnt given the power to rape the populous in the constitution or the bill of rights, unless I missed it in there somewhere. As well as the fact Americans are aloud to file chapter 13 on debts owed to the .gov, I guess I will just file it on obama care every 7 years, thus relieving myself from the crushing debt perpetually.

Glad I am moving to Texas in 2 weeks, as it is one of the states refusing to comply.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If you guys opt out, the prices will be "adjusted" through inflation or spiking rates for "necessities". The consumer is about to get smoked. Anyone who is tied to the dollar through commodity trading especially.
I hope yall don't get attacked by china if you default royally. The citizens (innocents always pay

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Forced to buy healthcare... or what? Locked in a cage?

Sounds American to me.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I really am surprised how many people believed that they would get "free healthcare" out of Obamacare.
Nobody seemed to think that they were going to have to pay.
"Everybody else can get screwed but not "ME". "I" work for a living. Obamacare is here to give "ME" a free ride."
Even when they were told that they would have to "PAY FOR INSURANCE" people somehow believed that they would be special and exempt.

Welcome to the new Amerika, where people are so eager to screw each other that they screw themselves in the process.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I know for a fact I pay less than this now. Just for my two sons currently, $1500 a year. My wife and I are about $3500 each a year. 20,000 would double our annual insurance payments.

Originally posted by Robodoon
cnsnews.com...

Comment: I guess people are surprised that Obama Care is based on UN Agenda 21 ideas, basically Eugenics.

Obamacare is wanted death, that is what UN AGENDA 21 is... To the elites, the death they need to produce the world they seek to rule as little gods.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Robodoon because: I dunt spel tings right al da tim....

edit on 31-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
Point number one.... This is CNS, folks.

Point number two... This figure is used in an example on how to determine the amount of the new tax, the IRS does not say that the cheapest plan will be 20,000, it uses that figure in the example.

And even if it is $20,000.00 per YEAR for a family of FIVE, or $333 per month per person. That's cheaper than a private plan now. I'm paying $1,700/month now for a single person.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join