It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
Right wing conservatives have become the poster child for the misinformed... And it's their own side doing it. Like self-retardation. Was it the black president or the scary muslim terrorists that brought them to this place of pure insanity? Should a party built entirely on disinformation be considered a viable political party? They shun their own intellectuals like Ron Paul... Its like they want only retarded poo-slingers.

What are you actually referring to or did your fingers just vomit this?! I mean, if you have a point regarding "right-wing conservatives" and misinformation in relation to this specific thread, call it out. Why spew this?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Privatized healthcare is eugenics. The poor die while the wealthy do not have to worry about access to the best medical care. To not worry about paying for a $500 a dollar prescription that your insurance will not cover, that is, if you're lucky enough to have insurance. Hospitals even have fancy elegant hospital rooms for the rich. I didn't know they existed until my father was put in one.

I am by no means rich yet....I have access to medical care -- a darn good doctor actually that sees me, my wife and our kids. When we go for normal regular checkups we don't even give him our insurance information, we pay out of pocket and the price is generally reasonable and cheap. For accidents that are life and limb, that is when we utilize our insurance.

Your above nonsense is envy and "I want what he has and it isn't fair until I do" mentality.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
These are EXAMPLES on how the penalty will be calculated...they aren't actual values.

They are examples based on price trending of insurances of comparable coverage; adjusted for inflation. I know that might be a bit much for you to understand, but that is how the Government (and nearly every business in the world) helps figure out future liabilities or factors.

look, this one uses $5,000 for the average bronze plan....but the stupid CNS article doesn't bother to tell you that...does it????

They didn't misquote at all and yes, they could have included this one; I agree there. This amount though is $5000 for a single person with no dependents, not a family of four.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
wow if you have a doctor for every 100 families, the doctor will cost then 2 000 000 $ a year.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

I am really curious about that border fence. Is that to keep the foreigners out - for which it rates a major fail, or is it being built to keep you all in? Sounds like an iron curtain to me.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

The only ones that they prosecute are the American citizens that they catch trying to escape.
All illegal entry captures get a swat on the wrist and a "better luck next time."

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
Forced to buy healthcare... or what? Locked in a cage?

Sounds American to me.

Not locked in a cage, they will just have their income tax returns intercepted and these families that rely on them each year will be punished.

I don't know what reality Obama lives in, when there are people who choose between food and medicine, or can barely afford gas just to get to work each week, that is if they have a job.

Since it`s considered a tax if you don`t pay it you will face the same consequences that any other tax evader would face, prison, confiscation and auctioning of your home and personal property.
It`s pretty sneaky how they found a back door way of making being poor a crime.being poor and not being able to afford health insurance isn`t a crime but tax evasion is.

edit on 1-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

The way that they have set this up, almost reminds me of how the child support system works.

ie: Non custodial parent goes to court and judge finds that he makes X amount of dollars and orders him to pay X amount according to their pay scale.

Non custodial parent now must live with their parents and work two jobs because they can't afford to rent a home or have anything of their own.

Obama care does not look beyond anything but an income scale and bases everything on that, without taking into account that people have other every day expenses too, such as bills, clothing, car payments, car insurance, etc.

This is going to break a lot of people, and it's unfair.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
And just wait until they find a way to tie flu shots and vaccines in with these health care plans.

Didn't get your flu shot? Then you may lose your medical coverage.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by ownbestenemy

The 30k a year working class is the achilles heel of America.

That's about the number I would suspect a lot of breadwinners make - $20,000 of that for health care leaves not much. I am living with someone who will technically be illegal when this goes into effect because he is not on a health care plan, and he can't afford one, either.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Robodoon

Here is a source from Forbes that details the costs of either choosing the plan or paying the tax, for those who are interested.

Forbes - The Cost of Obamacare

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

They are examples based on price trending of insurances of comparable coverage; adjusted for inflation. I know that might be a bit much for you to understand, but that is how the Government (and nearly every business in the world) helps figure out future liabilities or factors.

No they are not, they are numbers pulled out of the arse to show an example, not meant to be taken serious, but they probably didn't know the level of intelligence they would have to deal with.

Did you not notice that the national average price for a bronze plan is different in each example?

It is a sad state of affairs when the IRS uses EXAMPLES, using wildly different national averages for a bronze plan (5k vs 20k) and people try to claim that these are "real" numbers.

People's stupidity is sometimes their own worst enemy.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

No they are not, they are numbers pulled out of the arse to show an example, not meant to be taken serious, but they probably didn't know the level of intelligence they would have to deal with.

Did you not notice that the national average price for a bronze plan is different in each example?

It is a sad state of affairs when the IRS uses EXAMPLES, using wildly different national averages for a bronze plan (5k vs 20k) and people try to claim that these are "real" numbers.

People's stupidity is sometimes their own worst enemy.

Yes they are. If you had bothered to look at all you would have noticed that $20k is for a family of 4 and $5k is for a single person.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by Robodoon

Here is a source from Forbes that details the costs of either choosing the plan or paying the tax, for those who are interested.

Forbes - The Cost of Obamacare

From that source...

(The bronze plan is expected to be the least expensive plan in the line-up of policies that will be offered through the ObamaCare health insurance exchanges. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that in 2016 the cost of a bronze-level plan for a family would be between $12,000 and $12,500 a year.)

Not sure where the IRS is getting $20,000 for a family of four from.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by litterbaux

The 30k a year working class is the achilles heel of America.

That's about the number I would suspect a lot of breadwinners make - $20,000 of that for health care leaves not much. I am living with someone who will technically be illegal when this goes into effect because he is not on a health care plan, and he can't afford one, either.

it's not illegal to not have health care insurance. You just have to pay a tax. Your roomie would likely have to $95 in 2014 as a tax.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

I am by no means rich yet....I have access to medical care -- a darn good doctor actually that sees me, my wife and our kids. When we go for normal regular checkups we don't even give him our insurance information, we pay out of pocket and the price is generally reasonable and cheap. For accidents that are life and limb, that is when we utilize our insurance.

Your above nonsense is envy and "I want what he has and it isn't fair until I do" mentality.

So do you have health Insurance or not? If you do and don't use it then your user name fits perfectly. Regular checkups are generally free with health care insurance.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I didn't read the Forbes article, but the OP and subsequent posts all were talking about a family of four @ $20k.

Regardless . . . My wife pays about $5k/yr for her and my two kids. I pay cash whenever I need medical attention. Her plan stopped allowing working spouses on their coverage. Only stay at home spouses . . . although I was never on her plan to start with.

Point being . . . $20k, for a family of 4, for acceptable level coverage is outrageous and many will not have the extra money to swing that. Heck . . . might be time to start crossing the southern border again to cheap cash based care, like I did in college.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Thanks man. I was getting seriously worried, but if they are going to just put us poor folks on Medicaid, problem solved, for us. Where they are going to get the money to put us all on Medicaid is my concern now.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

So do you have health Insurance or not? If you do and don't use it then your user name fits perfectly. Regular checkups are generally free with health care insurance.

No most plans have a copay for all appointments of at least $30.00. Now multiply that by a family of 4 or 5 and it gets quite expensive to visit the doctor.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Yes they are. If you had bothered to look at all you would have noticed that $20k is for a family of 4 and $5k is for a single person.

They are EXAMPLES...there are no State exchanges set up and running yet...we have no idea what the cost for those plans will be...so unless you think the IRS is psychic....then those numbers are EXAMPLES.

It's like banging my head against a brick wall.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

True and further down they go into detail:

§1.5000A-3 Exempt individuals...
Example 1. Unmarried employee with no dependents. Taxpayer A is an unmarried individual with no dependents. In November 2015, A is eligible to enroll in self-only coverage under a plan offered by A’s employer for calendar year 2016. If A enrolls in the coverage, A is required to pay $5,000 of the total annual premium. In 2016, A’s household income is $60,000. Under paragraph (e)(3)(ii)(A) of this section, A's required contribution is $5,000, the portion of the annual premium A pays for self only coverage. Under paragraph (e)(1) of this section, A lacks affordable coverage for 2016 because A’s required contribution ($5,000) is greater than 8 percent of A’s household income ($4,800).

So if an unmarried employee with no dependents making $60K is exempt, anyone making less would also be unaffected by this law. Talk about cherry picking for propaganda.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I love threads like this. Sometimes after a few days of reading ATS, I start feeling like all the establishment is against me and this might be one of the last bastions of truth, and my paranoia is fed.

Then a thread like this comes along and reminds me that many of the threads on ATS are blatant misinformation bsed on out of context, misheard, or misrepresented information.

It's been said 100 times already that the numbers being quoted as facts by this thread were just examples in an article. A whole ATS thread was seriously made over a word problem. I hope you guys never make your way into an elementary school, next we'll have threads about how elitist kindergartners are hoarding ObamaApples or something.

If you can, read over the Affordable Care Act Wikipedia page, it breaks it down by dates, letting you know when each specific part of the law kicks in. I read the whole thing top to bottom, and went from a person who felt like "Obamacare" was going to be another financial stress in my life, to feeling like 2014 can actually be the year when I can afford real health insurance. Right now I have none because I make too much to qualify for welfare-ish programs, but not nearly enough to justify paying for a private plan. My employer doesn't offer health insurance for my level of employee at this time.

Anyways, to address the actual topic of this thread:

Family of 5 isn't on here, but whatever, you get the point. Note that this is for the middle of the road *silver* plan.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join