It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again three shot in Pheonix

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

So its ALL the NRA and GOP causing my democratically run state and local PA from prosecuting gun crimes or following sentencing guidelines?! OMG.. they are so awesomely powerful. It must suck playing the martyr and victim every day.

I dont need the internet.. I spent yrs in the PAs office. Save your condescension for someone else who might be baffld by your BS.

Oh, I see...you know all because you spent a few years in a PAs office...and how long ago was that?

Your local view literaly means nothing when talking about national gun control policy. But don't let that from getting in your way from claiming you know all...it has never stopped you before...facts don't even stop you from that.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by randyvs

We need the death penalty to be implemented for shooters. We need it the sentence carried out quickly and within 60 days of sentencing. The price to pay is not yet extreme enough to stop them. Don't vilify the guns, gun sellers, and legal gun owners. NONE OF THEM DID ANYTHING WRONG. Penalize criminals who commit crimes.

Yet the same ones who want draconian gun laws ( when they cant tell the difference between a shotgun and a "mil grade assault weapon") are the EXACT same ones who scream for tolerance when speaking of criminals rights and argue you into the ground concerning it. The officers often do a fantastic job.. and its thrown out by the PA or whittled down to nothing.. you see them being released daily when you work in the building.

I agree with you.. more than you know. I told this back when it happened.. and Im sure you can find it somewhere about 3 yrs ago.
A kid was shot the day after his 14th bday here locally, 3 blocks from the sheriffs dept, died on his moms lawn, 3 cars of gang idiots.. the first car driven by the shooters dad who happens to be a city employee.. and our previous PA charged a guy in the 2nd car.. NOT the shooter.. it was put out there that it was due to him being a minor.. ffs. It was supposedly a case of mistaken identity.. so they started arguing intent! Im soooo sorry, I killed the wrong 14 yr old for no good reason.. have some mercy. A kid is dead on his moms lawn... and they want to whine about intent! Took an act of God to get the city employee fired as his union was all behind him , regardless of his drive by hobby he shares with his son.You know the guy is going to get off.. he didnt take the shot. He will get a mob action or something lower in a plea. The others in the car werent even charged with mob action. I could post this kind of stuff for hrs.. and its all coming out of a nowhere town in Illinois and not some large city.. even with our draconian gun laws! Moral of this one story no one here cares about.. no one prosecutes gun crimes or upholds the laws we have on the books. You can take a life.. and walk.

I dare say the GOP and NRA had nothing to do with this...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Interesting to see the exchanges on this topic.

We have the "It's big news and the world must know" kinda crowd and then we have the "This happens all the time, it was not a mass shooting so it is NOT news"...

Before I go on...I am a Libertarian. I think trying to control things is the quickest way for it to get out of control...Prohibition...war on drugs...yeah...those really "got things under control" now didn't they?

This will be blow out of proportion by the media and we all know it. tragically, thousands and thousands of people permanently clock out everyday...it's called life....deal with it.

Wanna know what is really news and no one talks much about? How many women and children got blown to pieces this month from Drone attacks? That would be a number I'd be interested in hearing...ya know...as a baseline model. If we are all going to stop the killing and the dieing...I think we need to look at how many deaths the people that want to control guns actually cause or at least approve of...
edit on 1/30/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Interesting to see the exchanges on this topic.

We have the "It's big news and the world must know" kinda crowd and then we have the "This happens all the time, it was not a mass shooting so it is NOT news"...

Before I go on...I am a Libertarian. I think trying to control things is the quickest way for it to get out of control...Prohibition...war on drugs...yeah...those really "got things under control" now didn't they?

This will be blow out of proportion by the media and we all know it. tragically, thousands and thousands of people permanently clock out everyday...it's called life....deal with it.

Wanna know what is really news and no one talks much about? How many women and children got blown to pieces this month from Drone attacks? That would be a number I'd be interested in hearing...ya know...as a baseline model. If we are all going to stop the killing and the dieing...I think we need to look at how many deaths the people that want to control guns actually cause or at least approve of...

Libertarian here as well.

We were taking in another thread about HR 658 and the largest cry for drones being law enforcement. If folks are disarmed, the criminals are the only large segement that are armed. Out rolls the drone... guaranteed to keep the chillins safe.
thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.658:

In January, Congress passed HR 658, which requires the Federal Aviation Administration to take steps to facilitate the integration of drones “into the national airspace system.” President Obama signed the bill on February 14 with no public discussion or comment. (See “Drones come to the US”) Since Obama signed the bill, hundreds of drones have already begun flying over the US to spy on and monitor the population. A recent ABC News investigative report entitled “UAVs: Will Our Civil Liberties Be Droned Out?” outlined the possibility of drones buzzing overhead becoming “a fact of daily life.” ABC News reported: “Drones can carry facial recognition cameras, license plate scanners, thermal imaging cameras, open WiFi sniffers, and other sensors. And they can be armed.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Your local nowhere southern illinois town (near St. Louis, right?) issues has nothing to do with NATIONAL GUN CONTROL.

You are talking about GUN CRIME and local politics...they are two distinctly different things. If you don't understand this very very basic concept of the difference between the two, then I'm sorry, we can't have an intelligent conversation about it.

I know enough to know how you operate and to know you think you are always right.

Okay. You win... Im sure you believe that Federal law has nothing to do with state law and they are completely independent of each other. Its like a state is its own country, completely independent, and the feds have NO say in anything a state does.

I challenge you to actually educate yourself on this. SPecifically the federal gun laws that are enforced by the state. I cant imagine what you make of recent things like this.. since federal law has nothing to do with the state.
articles.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by xedocodex

I see it another way, had everyone in that Mortgage office been armed this tragedy could have been avoided.

Something like this video?
www.liveleak.com...

You are correct in your assumption.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability
So strange...I've posted this before but I worked at the Clackamas mall and left a couple weeks before that shooting and moved to phoenix, and now another mass shooting right down the road from me. I believe a WTF is in order...

I'm not sure that you should be...

Well, never mind. Rather, I'll just say that if any officer of the law heard you say what you've written here, you'd be in for some serious questioning.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
Media sensationalism, making mass murder the norm, and 'cool way' to commit suicide. One last 'hurrah' to get your 15 minutes of fame when you are dead. If the media wasn't making such an issue of every single instance, the suicidal people would not be trying to do it in droves.

Frankly I find it pathetic that anyone sick enough to kill themselves in this manner get even a nod from the media.

There as a fake 'quote' from Morgan Freeman that essentially said these people need to be expunged from history. I personally would go one further and say that those type of murderers need no tombstone and they need to have their ashes dumped in a sewer, via a toilet.

Yeah, I would feel bad for the parents of such a creature, as no one should lose a child. However it is time to stop giving these type of killers anything more than a flush when it comes to media attention.

M.

You are quite right indeed, here is a link that says it all as far as the media goes.....check out the OP's video.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Dirty Laundry indeed.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 30-1-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Okay. You win... Im sure you believe that Federal law has nothing to do with state law and they are completely independent of each other. Its like a state is its own country, completely independent, and the feds have NO say in anything a state does.

I challenge you to actually educate yourself on this. SPecifically the federal gun laws that are enforced by the state. I cant imagine what you make of recent things like this.. since federal law has nothing to do with the state.

Except that isn't what I said.

I said the experience you have with local GUN CRIME in a PAs office, not being the PA yourself...and I don't think even just an attorney...just an office worker...has nothing to do with NATIONAL GUN CONTROL.

What don't you understand about this. Gun Crime laws are completely different than Gun Control laws.

Gun Control has to do with laws, rules, regulations BEFORE a crime happens...has to do with the sale, the registration, licensing, and monitoring of sales/manufacturing of guns/ammo.

Gun Crime has to do with crimes committed with guns, that your local corrupt government did a very poor job of doing anything about. You, being part of that office and community, are just as responsible for that corruptness than anyone else. You saw something, stand up and do something about it.

But it still holds true that for GUN CONTROL laws, the NRA and the Gun Lobby has made it nearly impossible (with the help of the GOP) for Federal agencies (ATF) to enforce the current Gun Control laws.

As for your link...you are proving my point. Who passed that law to prevent the Federal Government from enforcing the laws....THE GOP....who do you think lobbied them to do that???

But please, continue talking about your very limited experience in a small podunk southern illinois town and claim that gives you knowledge of everything, it is quite entertaining.
edit on 30-1-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by bo12au
This happens everyday across the world. Shame on the media for using this to push an agenda. Btw wait and see what events unfold when the shelves are empty and the pharmacies close

Shame on the media for doing it's job and reporting events because they are killing your argument and your own agenda.

Gun control is needed...every week we get more and more examples why.

" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
My agenda aligns with what the true patriots of this country had in mind. I think its time DC learns who really has power, the citizens.
The weapons are here and not going anywhere Period

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Not everything is about YOU YOU YOU. I was pointing out the ones going off on a rant about gun nuts acting like jackasses. Before you get your panties in a wad.. maybe pay attention. Youre getting punchy in the gun discussion scene. Maybe go post kitty videos for a few hrs in BTS. I read alien abduction and exosex discussions when Im too sensitive. Burns it right out of me...

Or maybe maybe Mary Poppins could just define whom she's referring to better. Man, are you over baring or what ?
edit on 30-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I apologize for the interruption in my replies we lost power here in Apple Valley for about 3 hrs do to a traffic accident..

I agree with you big time. You only need to point to prohibition to know that it won't work. Plus when you have the gun runners instead of alcohol runners with today's attitude of get rich or die try'in. I think you'll be look'in at more

DEAD COPS.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Some of the responses are just sick. So many of you are outright cold-hearted. Get your heads checked.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Some of the responses are just sick. So many of you are outright cold-hearted. Get your heads checked.

Easy to judgmental when you're off topic. Add something on topic so we can see how sick you sound.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I was just on back pages looking at an Ar of course and saw a guys post. He said he was out in apache junction and saw an UN marked armored personnel carrier on a flatbed going through little side streets on ironwood and baseline I think it said. Living in phoenix that is kind of a weird occurrence. A shooting and a UN marked armored personnel carrier in one day. Be interesting to see if other shootings had sightings of UN marked personnel carrier?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I think we are seeing the poilitics of fear in action here. All the shootings, or at least dramatic increase in reporting of shootings is all part of a larger agenda. Not just the gun control under debate on the senate floor. For one thing have you noticed the prices on guns, and accessories lately? The gun stores are eating this up. Demand is through the roof. The white house might get their ban due to all the emotional hype, and recent herding of the sheeple, but not until the gun retailers get filthy, filthy rich, and the few on the fence about owning a gun are well armed.

As was mentioned earlier, and on several other recent threads. Doctors, cars, and household accidents still kill many times more people than guns, but it isn't as dramatic, or emotionally charged as a gun death. The number of lives saved by guns is never mentioned.

I spent 5 years in a bad neighborhood as a kid after the folks lost their business, and that was the only house we could afford to downsize into. I heard gunshots every night. No police sirens, just gunshots. About twice a week a drunk or disgruntled lover or whatever would bang on the door at 2 or 3am and demand to use the phone, or come in etc... A few times dad's trusty model 18 winchester was all that kept them out of the house. It never had to be fired, just racked, and Sancho was on his way in a hurry. Many guns protect many lives without causing any harm. There's no way of trackng that statistic until no one, but the bad guys have guns. Then it's too late.

I live in a great neighborhood now. I feel my kids are relatively safe, yet I do have many personal defense options, and not just guns. My kids know how to defend themselves both armed, and unarmed. Too many people live in their own personal bubble, and have never had to be street smart. They easily buy the emotional hype, and justify to themselves that if we could just get rid of a tool occasionally used for unjustified violence, the violence would be reduced. They have never experienced the other side of the paradigm when the tool functions as intended, as a peacemaker.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
There are between 20 and 30 gun related deaths PER DAY in the United States. That is EVERY day of EVERY YEAR going back at least a couple decades, if not longer. 20-30 a *DAY*.

Gun control to the point one step short of civil war itself won't really slow that by much and Clinton's AWB didn't do squat for those stats.

So.... Are we going to hear about *EVERY* shooting in the lower 48 states that involves 3 or more victims for days, weeks, months or years to come?! I mean really... this was getting old a couple weeks after the CT shooting. We're well past that now and into the land of disturbing on just how fixated people are on a thing that's been the norm since well before most here were born in daily occurrence if not sheer numbers.

*MASS* shootings of 10-15 or more people ARE rare and rate solid news coverage for that fact. These though? They're garden variety shootings as happen several times a day all over the nation. Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I really don't see how a situation like this or the other shootings that have occurred recently could be used to justify drones (not that they wont try). What's a Reaper gonna do shoot a missile into a theater or a school? I mean aren't drones only good at three things reconnaissance, surveillance, and wholesale destruction (I didn't know how to phrase the last part. What I mean is you cant really use it on a target without everything around it becoming collateral damage.)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join