It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again three shot in Pheonix

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Another way of making that argument would be referred to simply as a "Meeting at High Noon", hmmm....Perhaps we should start using the Wild West as part of the gun control argument.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I agree!
And I have to wonder, with the economy still as bad as it is, will we be seeing more of this type? Mortgages, credit lenders, ect. when people are denied?

What is happening to peoples coping mechanism these days?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by xedocodex

I see it another way, had everyone in that Mortgage office been armed this tragedy could have been avoided.

Another Rambo wanna be.

At most, the shooter would be dead after firing off his weapon....sorry, no matter how awesome you think you are, the person planning on shooting first has the advantage.

Worst case scenario....cross fire from a bunch of mortgage officers shooting all over the place creates confusion with everyone shooting everyone.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Precisely.

Instead of 5 people injured, you have numerous dead. I suppose that doesn't matter as long as we get to keep our automatics and missle launchers though.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by antar

I agree!
And I have to wonder, with the economy still as bad as it is, will we be seeing more of this type? Mortgages, credit lenders, ect. when people are denied?

They've been told by the NRA, the gun lobby, and fellow gun nuts that if someone wrongs you....shoot them.

Gun advocates should be STRONGLY condemning all these shootings...and yet what do they do...they come in to defend the person or situation.

It's gun nuts like this guy that give all of you a bad name...and when you come in to defend him or the situation...or attack the situation for there not being MORE GUNS....it makes you look like a nut too.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by randyvs

Wow, are you just an asshole?
Amish School Shooting

Thorne just blew that one for you !

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wow... great job keeping it on topic and no using this tragedy to put on stage your moral superiority ( while being a condescending jackass).

ANyway.. ON TOPIC...

The Latest Mass Shooting Occurred While the Senate Was Debating What To Do About Guns

www.slate.com...

Cant wait to hear all about the "assault type weapon" and hear the story changed 15 times before they get it right...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, I for one am sure glad to know that if I'm ever injured or killed in a mall shooting, workplace shooting or school shooting, that a crowd of fat donut-eaters will show up within minutes to put up yellow tape and stand around talking... yer tax dolla's at work!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Blew what? It was a passing story in the media, not a headline...you didn't even remember it and I'm sure many others don't either.

Because it was a side story, a footnote...not a headline like these things should be. Now we are getting them headlined, reported on in real time....as we should.

Your ignorant denial that shootings in this country are a problem just continues to make gun advocates look bad.

So far, we have those of you who deny it's a problem...and those that say the solution to this problem is more guns.

It's almost like a parody movie...it would be funny if people weren't dying all over the place.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Media sensationalism, making mass murder the norm, and 'cool way' to commit suicide. One last 'hurrah' to get your 15 minutes of fame when you are dead. If the media wasn't making such an issue of every single instance, the suicidal people would not be trying to do it in droves.

Frankly I find it pathetic that anyone sick enough to kill themselves in this manner get even a nod from the media.

There as a fake 'quote' from Morgan Freeman that essentially said these people need to be expunged from history. I personally would go one further and say that those type of murderers need no tombstone and they need to have their ashes dumped in a sewer, via a toilet.

Yeah, I would feel bad for the parents of such a creature, as no one should lose a child. However it is time to stop giving these type of killers anything more than a flush when it comes to media attention.

M.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This happens everyday across the world. Shame on the media for using this to push an agenda. Btw wait and see what events unfold when the shelves are empty and the pharmacies close

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just a random thought but maybe they realized that 9-11 didn't work because it was too localized in just NYC (home of the banksters so while it was a gloriously spectacular (repeated endlessly) Hollywood Production, and at the Pentagon (the most hated and feared building in the world?) that it just didn't have the impact for the Ultimate Terrorists' uses as, say, murdering tiny children in their classrooms, or people in movie theaters or malls would have...

Looks like the war is being brought to the people.

I wonder what happens when people are afraid to go to school, work, the stores or public entertainment venues anymore?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I remember it clearly all over the news. Sorry you're full of crap.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
This happens everyday across the world. Shame on the media for using this to push an agenda. Btw wait and see what events unfold when the shelves are empty and the pharmacies close

Shame on the media for doing it's job and reporting events because they are killing your argument and your own agenda.

Gun control is needed...every week we get more and more examples why.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
But if we enforce gun control laws how will we defeat the Conservative Zombie Hordes? (I'm assuming the Liberal Zombie Hordes are vegetarian as made evident in the epic clash of species Plants VS Zombies)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So perfectly too. For a more than obvious agenda. Blatant whether or not you can see it.
edit on 30-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Wow... great job keeping it on topic and no using this tragedy to put on stage your moral superiority ( while being a condescending jackass).

ANyway.. ON TOPIC...

The Latest Mass Shooting Occurred While the Senate Was Debating What To Do About Guns

www.slate.com...

Cant wait to hear all about the "assault type weapon" and hear the story changed 15 times before they get it right...

This is the conspiracy forum sweets.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

So perfectly too. For a more than obvious agenda.
edit on 30-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I just showed you that these incidents are not new nor are they rare. Yes, we do need gun control...just because the media and society has been a little slow getting on the ball, does not mean we should ignore the obvious problem we have in this country.

Now, what is disgusting is you and others wanting to either dismiss, suppress, or ridicule these events and those effected by them because they make you and other pro-gun people look very bad. Sandy Hook conspiracy anyone? One of the most disgusting things I have seen on this website...I'm so glad the owners stepped in and said enough is enough with that crap.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by bo12au

Shame on the media for doing it's job and reporting events because they are killing your argument and your own agenda.

We have gun control now. Its not enforced.MANY of these things COULD be prevented.. but they arent. Some of us ask why... particularly when we work within the system that refuses to enforce the laws. I have dealt with people having double digit violent felonies, out free running the streets, and in possession of a firearm used in subsequent felonies... only to be released by our revolving door to further their career. How about you use some of that self perceived superiority to push for laws... local and federal.... to be upheld and the law to work for the citizen and not the criminal.

Let me guess.. Im now a "gun nut" for demanding that the laws in place be actually enforced rather than adding more laws that arent enforced.. that give people a warm fuzzy false sense of security.. while our society burns.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Can someone explain how this forum has now become the breaking news forum? Posters are just posting anything news related and stating no conspiracy at all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join