It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-Year-Old Girl Who Performed At Obama Inauguration Shot Dead...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

15-Year-Old Girl Who Performed At Obama Inauguration Shot Dead...

drudgereport.com

A teenage girl–an honor student who had just performed at President Obama’s inaugural–was gunned down Tuesday afternoon in the Kenwood neighborhood, just blocks from the high school she attended.

CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports the victim, 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, was taking shelter from the rain with a group of 10 to 12 teenagers under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park on the 4500 block of South Oakenwald Avenue around 2:30 p.m., when someone jumped a fence, ran up to them, and opened fire.

Just days before, Hadiya performed with her high school band at President Obama’s i
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
chicago.cbslocal.com

+32 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
How very sad and tragic! for this girls family and friends. A brilliant soul snuffed out before she ever had a chance. Why?? Simple!! The violent thug culture that has dominated Chicagoland for Decades is destroying the city from within. Keep in mind that Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country. Unfortunately, those laws have no bearing on the culture of violence that has crippled Chicago and other major cities over the years. This has nothing to do with "the gun". This is all about the culture of violence and the people who are hell bent on committing violent acts. This is about revenge, snitching, territory, lack of positive role models, lack of proper parenting, poor enforcement of existing laws.... etc etc etc

Prepare yourselves for another unwasted crisis moment from the White House and from the Rahm Emmanuel administration. Sad!!! Sad!! Sad!!!

drudgereport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Living in an area overrun by gangs and drugs pretty much guarantees you or somebody you know will be shot at sooner or later.

As long as the same policies of the past 40 years continue it'll only get worse.

How many tens of thousands of completely innocent bystanders have been killed in Mexicos cartel crackdown in just the past 4 years?

Chicago and cities like it are just mini Mexicos.

If you love your children you wont raise them in Chicago.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I would never go to Chicago.

Put it to you this way. I would first walk around with about 20lbs of gold chains on me, badly drunk, in a huge tourist Mexican hat and Hawaiian shirt in Tiajuana Mexico before "visiting" Chicago....

Everything I see from there seems awful.....just terrible...

edit on 30-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

As long as you want to live in a society that self gratifies over guns, it will continue.

But it's your "right" to be murdered... I say good. You deserve it.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The "culture of violence" is the one factor that contributes most to these shootings. If I could pick ONE area to address, it wouldn't be guns. It would be the culture.

I just wanted to mention that her death was random. She wasn't shot because she performed at the inauguration.

+48 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

It's attitudes like yours that let the problem persist unabated.

Let's do the impossible. Let's magically remove all the guns from the world. I'll give that impossible freebie to you.

Now, given that all the guns are completely gone, explain to me why drug dealing gangsters battling over territory wont just continue Rwanda style hacking each other and everyone else to bits?

We dont even have to imagine this.

Take Compton/LA areas. The hispanic gangs have the black gangs running scared right now and the hispanic gangs are slashers by and large using guns very infrequently. The brutality of the blade is turning the war for territory in the hispanic gangs favor.

But you likely wont read any of this because the last thing ideologically anti-gun people want is to save lives and reduce crime.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Yeah, because it was certainly a legal, responsible gun-owner that committed this murder. Give me a break!

+42 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton

As long as you want to live in a society that self gratifies over guns, it will continue.

comments like yours disgusts me, as do all self righteous people like you, you babble about gun violence and get on a forum tell people good they deserve to die. i'm unsure who is sicker, the criminals or the self righteous control freak fools. perhaps some therapy is in order for you?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

How would you know the difference? i could be well under your "law abiding citizen" label today, tomorrow i could be James Holmes?

You don't know, you might be harboring possible mass killers. Stricter rules will weed out some ability to obtain dangerous weapon easily..

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Lets post even more single incidents about weapons in a conspiracy forum under the breaking ALTERNATIVE NEWS.

Once more it's normal everyday news.

not about guns you say? Why is it not about guns when the first thing you do is go on about it not being about guns. Why bring it here to tell us what it's not about.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is a tragic event. Why do the police allow these gangs to exist. They need to clean up their city. If the police got rid of all these armed criminals than we would have less need to have guns to protect ourselves. Oh I forgot, if they got rid of criminals it would lessen our need for the police and legal system. It is in the governments best interest to have us fearing criminals.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
For some reason i thought this thread would be political issue than a gun issue.

A girls performs at a democrats inauguration, then later murdered by.. etc etc.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The "culture of violence" is the one factor that contributes most to these shootings. If I could pick ONE area to address, it wouldn't be guns. It would be the culture.

I just wanted to mention that her death was random. She wasn't shot because she performed at the inauguration.

I hope that I was not implying that this is why this poor girl was shot. She was certainly not the intended target based on other articles that I have read. Apparently she was shot in the back in the cross fire.

According to the Tribune...

Most of those who were in the park were gang members, and those in the group did not stay on scene to help after the shootings, according to police.

my.chicagotribune.com.../544/article/p2p-74207742/

The witnesses did not stick around to help the police ID the shooter who got away in a car that was waiting for him. Surely, someone knows who the shooter is. More than likely, he'll end up shot and killed too... and will never be brought to justice. No snitching in that culture...

How many more people have to die before society says enough is enough? I read the other day that a Chicago mother had just lost her 4th child to violence in Chicago. 10 years earlier she had lost two sons and a daughter to Chicago violence.

You can't legislate violent and bloody crime away. The change has to come from within. Criminal thugs don't abide the law.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It seems to me that gangs=terrorists. They should pass some legislation to consider them terrorists and round them up. They know who they are. They have tattoo's that identify them as being members of a particular gang. They even have their own TV show. Gangs are a good reason to own and carry a gun in large cities. If they want fewer guns in America they should do something about the gangs. Instead they point to the gang culture as a reason to disarm America. This reasoning is fatally flawed.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by micmerci

How would you know the difference? i could be well under your "law abiding citizen" label today, tomorrow i could be James Holmes?

You don't know, you might be harboring possible mass killers. Stricter rules will weed out some ability to obtain dangerous weapon easily..

The FBI reports that year after year more people are killed with hammers and clubs than with rifles- by far! Should we impose bans on hammers? Responsible people own hammers as well as crazy people own hammers. Stricter rules only weakens the defensive capabilities of honest, responsible people. A criminal can get a weapon even if there were a complete ban on them.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
I hope that I was not implying that this is why this poor girl was shot. She was certainly not the intended target based on other articles that I have read.

Oh, no. You didn't. I just wanted to post that for those who read the title and nothing else.
I agree with you completely on this one.
But I don't agree with using this girl's death to prove something in the gun control debate. From either side. Not saying you're doing that, either. But some clearly are.

My heart goes out to the families of this tragedy.
edit on 1/30/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
It seems to me that gangs=terrorists. They should pass some legislation to consider them terrorists and round them up. They know who they are. They have tattoo's that identify them as being members of a particular gang. They even have their own TV show. Gangs are a good reason to own and carry a gun in large cities. If they want fewer guns in America they should do something about the gangs. Instead they point to the gang culture as a reason to disarm America. This reasoning is fatally flawed.

Not only do they know who they are but the cops routinely round up known violent members for little chit-chats about stopping the violence then just let them walk out the door.

Either it's a whole lot harder to convict somebody than I ever thought or there is a concerted effort to avoid the gang problem that goes all the way up to the FBI.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton

A certain segment of the population "self gratifies" over violence. Period. That is the problem. If they don't have guns, they will throw molatovs and pipe bombs, the will attack with spiked baseball bats and chains etc etc...

The problem is the culture that justifies killing an opponent and innocent bystanders in order to make a point. That is how this culture solves its conflicts. Not good.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is one of the cases where I say if your in a gang your rights are null/void. That way the gang members can just be executed Judge Dredd style by the coppers. I know the back lash of this would be horrible, I mean where would it stop right? Anybody could be labeled a Gangster. Well we have to start somewhere right, cause right now the plan has FAILED.
edit on 30-1-2013 by skorpius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join