It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-Year-Old Girl Who Performed At Obama Inauguration Shot Dead...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Why don't responsible gun owners take a stand and try to make thier neighbourhoods safe. You all say that you need guns to protect yourselves but I see little action from the "responsible gun owner" crowd other than yelling out "from my cold dead hands". Prove that there is a use for the guns you all have and make your neighbourhoods safe. If you want to be vigilantes you have to do more than just lip service. Take a stand and prove that your right to bear arms does something other than give you fun toys to play with. The notion that you need guns because criminals have guns doesn't hold any water if you don't do anything about criminals walking down your streets shooting people.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Jefferton

But you likely wont read any of this because the last thing ideologically anti-gun people want is to save lives and reduce crime.

TRUTH! Nobody, especially nobody in Chicago wants to do the hard work of policing the gangs. It is so much easier to point the finger at guns.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
I can solve the gang problem across the USA in a single generation. Simply have the City Issue hunting licenses when they issue an arrest warrant. If that does not work we could try this idea.

Offer $10,000 (maybe more) to every child that makes it to 18 without an arrest record. Offer them another $10,000 if they get sterilized at 18. 20k is cheaper than a single year of incarceration for the tax payers. It would also give the kids a head start on either college, trade school or a small start-up business.

I know, I should be King.

Star! I have been a big proponent of the hunting licenses to kill gang members for some time now. You do not join a gang to mow the lawn for the little old lady next door. You join a gang to rape her and take her life savings. We are not talking about the Knights of Columbus here.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gargamel

Are suggesting that gun owners become criminals and go through their neighborhood shooting people?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Are suggesting that gun owners become criminals and go through their neighborhood shooting people?

Legitimate defense against an armed assault is not a crime.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Jefferton

But you likely wont read any of this because the last thing ideologically anti-gun people want is to save lives and reduce crime.

TRUTH! Nobody, especially nobody in Chicago wants to do the hard work of policing the gangs. It is so much easier to point the finger at guns.

Another truth is that the people who say they need guns to protect themselves will also do nothing about this other than say they need guns so they can sit there and do nothing about the deteriorating society they find themselves living in.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

As long as you want to live in a society that self gratifies over guns, it will continue.

But it's your "right" to be murdered... I say good. You deserve it.

Wow. Just, Wow. I don't think I have ever read such a vitriolic, hate filled sentence. And it is so short.

I applaud your humanity. You obviously have this violence situation all figured out.

How about a little sympathy for the family of an innocent child? No. Oh right, I forgot. She "deserved" it.

Could the issue also be that the kids perpetrating these crimes aren't taught any better? Could it be that they were never shown a better way to solve problems? I own several guns and have never felt "self gratification" for using one. But then, I WAS taught to respect life.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

What would you have them do?

A law abiding person owns a gun for defense (or food/sport). Using it in any other manner would make them criminals, thus adding to the problem.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Not at all. The post was somewhat tongue in cheek as many of the reasons given as too why guns are needed by the responsible gun owners is due to the criminal element having them and the need to be on equal footing with them. The reality is that most of the responsible gun owners will not lift a finger to try and make the situation better. The whole notion that guns make you safer does not seem to be the case as the guns in responsible gun owner hands will never be used to make American society as a whole safe. They are only ever usefull as a reactionary measure rather than a proactive measure. It seems somewhat futile.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Legitimate defense against an armed assault is not a crime.

No, but vigilantism is a crime.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There are plenty of cases where gun owners have defended them self, others and their business against gang types. They cannot go on an offensive. They can expect the elected and hired officials via their tax payments to do some thing.

They can also ask the gangs to stop but that option does work often.

What else should they do?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yeah the early 90's were insane thanks to machetes (as well as shanks and sawed offs....) in the hands moving the Dominican drug trade. Things are cool now in platano city.... it wasnt allowed to fester.

I don't know .....don't hold me to it, but Chicago sucks. Dreary and dangerous.

edit on 30-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: fix and add

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus

What would you have them do?

A law abiding person owns a gun for defense (or food/sport). Using it in any other manner would make them criminals, thus adding to the problem.

The post was satirical. It was meant to highlight the idea that guns in "responsible gun owner" hands will not stem gun violence as it seems only the criminals are actually using them for anything other than shooting the odd home invader (who usually turns out to be unarmed)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If gangs thought that all stores were unarmed don't you think that robberies would escalate? There would be little danger in robberies while using a firearm. The shop owners would have to comply or die. Same with households.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

If gangs thought that all stores were unarmed don't you think that robberies would escalate? There would be little danger in robberies while using a firearm. The shop owners would have to comply or die. Same with households.

I would think that most store owners do have a gun for protection and robberies still are quite frequent. I doesn't seem to me that it is much of a deterent.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

That is quite short sighted. I can't believe some one thinks that is true.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That is quite short sighted. I can't believe some one thinks that is true.

Think what is true? That most Americans have a gun?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I would think that most store owners do have a gun for protection and robberies still are quite frequent. I doesn't seem to me that it is much of a deterent.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Is thinking that most store owners may have a gun wrong?
Is thinking that robberies are still quite frequent wrong?
Is thinking that most store owners who have a gun for protection are still getting robbed that the gun is not much of a deterent wrong?

I'm still not quite sure what you mean?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gargamel

Believe that, it's your choice. Most would not agree, IMO.

It's going in circles at this point.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join