It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-Year-Old Girl Who Performed At Obama Inauguration Shot Dead...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by Gargamel

Originally posted by roadgravel
If gangs thought that all stores were unarmed don't you think that robberies would escalate? There would be little danger in robberies while using a firearm. The shop owners would have to comply or die. Same with households.

I would think that most store owners do have a gun for protection and robberies still are quite frequent. I doesn't seem to me that it is much of a deterent.

Believe that, it's your choice. Most would not agree, IMO.

It's going in circles at this point.

No problem. I just think that if having a gun was a deterent for crime there would be alot less crime in a country that has so many guns.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Guns and violent culture go hand in hand. The violent gang culture originated in the US. I would like to know the history of the gun that killed her. Where do criminals get guns anyway? Mexico?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gargamel

No problem. I just think that if having a gun was a deterent for crime there would be alot less crime in a country that has so many guns.

The key piece of the puzzle you are either missing or unaware of is that the majority of the population, even those who own guns, do not for a number of reasons carry one or have one immediately available 24/7.

And in places like Chicago the law doesnt help matter any by making the law-abiding individual jump through nigh impossible hoops to attain one.

So while there are enough guns to arm every American very few Americans are armed with the exception of the criminals who often arm themselves as a matter of course.

People dont take self preservation seriously. You see it in every oblivious face walking the street with earbuds jammed in their heads. Lost, clueless, vulnerable, easy targets incapable of defensing themselves.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

15-Year-Old Girl Who Performed At Obama Inauguration Shot Dead...

drudgereport.com

A teenage girl–an honor student who had just performed at President Obama’s inaugural–was gunned down Tuesday afternoon in the Kenwood neighborhood, just blocks from the high school she attended.

CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports the victim, 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, was taking shelter from the rain with a group of 10 to 12 teenagers under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park on the 4500 block of South Oakenwald Avenue around 2:30 p.m., when someone jumped a fence, ran up to them, and opened fire.

Just days before, Hadiya performed with her high school band at President Obama’s i
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

chicago.cbslocal.com

Impossible. Guns are banned in Chicago.

edit on 30-1-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So is gun control working yet?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

No Mexico gets them from us. They ask a friend, a gangster, a biker, a dealer, a construction worker. Just ask around and you'll be surprised what falls into your lap with in a few hours.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sad that these poor kids that even do well can't escape the violence.

It's also proof that guns bans will not work. These folks have been working their way around the system for many years. A gun ban is just a piece of paper to appease those that want it. It will not take the gun away from those that truly desire it.
edit on 30-1-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Sad that these poor kids that even do well can't escape the violence.

The ones who do well or show promise are singled out for extra abuses by their peers.

Good grades almost ensures you will be assaulted and harassed.

When you live in that mess the mess works overtime to hold you there. All your peers work against you, your politicians work against you, the police work against you.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I thought the government was now allowed to detain anyone indefinitely without charging them with a crime or allowing them access to a lawyer so, what are they waiting for, it`s time to put all those FEMA camps to good use and fill them up with gang members, or maybe that`s exactly what the government is planning on doing.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

you mean Brazil-style circa 92'? Yeah, and have all the gangsters start shooting the cops in return.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

As long as you want to live in a society that self gratifies over guns, it will continue.

But it's your "right" to be murdered... I say good. You deserve it.

Wow, I just can't believe what a horrible opinion you have, and then to say we deserve it. Shame on you, on so many levels

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I blame the strict gun laws. I blame the war on drugs. Both do nothing but enable criminals to run wild. We need common sense people, not a nanny state.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm here near Chicago and originally from Chicago and this always pisses me off. BAsically the whole South side and various parts of the West Side are completely off limits to the regular joe because of Crime.

Every night when I watch the news, they mention another person shot and killed and then I always say, "Lemme guess, South or west side and Black or Hispanic person." And 99% I'm right.

The problem here in the City, is that when Chicago was originally built, it was built by immigrants from various countries, who themselves lived on segregated blocks. So if you were Irish, you only stayed on your block. And if you accidentally crossed the italian, or Polish block, you got your butt kicked. So from the very beginning, the collective consciousness of the city was built on segregation and racism, and it still exists.

Then take into consideration that the majority of the South side is just city blocks with basically nothing but a convenient store every so often, with generations of gangs pretty much everywhere. These gangs have brothers or cousins or someone who was killed by another gang so there is this life long mentality of revenge. Add to that the fact that many of the shooters are 14-16 year olds. I've seen this in the mid 90's and it still takes place today. They give the young kids the guns to shoot whoever they think the enemy is so that they can prove themselves to be let in the gangs.

Plus it's sooooooo easy to get a gun in the city, even though there is an outright ban on guns. I can go right now, take a camera with me, and record myself buying an illegal revolver. The more it was used in murders, the cheaper the gun is. I can literally buy a gun used in several murders within hours for about $50 bucks.

It sucks. I have friends who have lost nephews and cousins in murders in Chicago. I hate this city and am moving out this year

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I had always read that Chicago had some of the most brutal gangs in the U.S. The "Gangster Disciples" are one of Chicagos bad ones. Read about them if you havent. When I visited Chicago I was warned to stay away from south Chicago. I had a hug make my friend and I give him a pack of cigarettes within minutes of getting off the greyhound.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

P Stone Nation were the closest thing the US has ever had to homegrown Jihadi's and they were working with Libya in the 80's to acquire hard-core military weaponry to blow Chicago up.

They're still around and growing everyday though like most gangs these days their grand ideals have fallen to the side while they pursue petty cash in drugs, prostitution and smuggling.

Seems gangs back in the day had more zeal.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Read any evenings' teevee listings and count how many times the words, 'murder', 'killing', 'death', 'rape', etc. show up as a description of the evening's entertainment.

Add in that even the poorest households seem to have video games available that overwhelmingly use guns and blow 'em up scenarios as training, err, games for the little kiddies, and what do you expect?

It makes the cowboys and indians games we used to play as kids before teevee really got going pale in comparison. As someone who killed my teevee about 15 years ago now, when I see something accidentally like in a doc's office or airport, I'm appalled. It's sickening how crass and violent it has all become. Even the commercials are disgusting.

And Chicago has always been particularly violent; during Prohibition, there was so much money floating around the mob controlled most of the cops and the courts. If you didn't play the game, you ended up dead and your family wasn't safe. Kinda hard to get rid of the gangs in that atmosphere. I just don't understand why anyone would live there; it's obviously not for the jobs if it's the poor neighborhoods that are having the most violence and it can't be the weather...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Gangster Disciples have been documented in the U.S. military, found in both U.S. and overseas bases.[4] Graffiti characteristic of the Gangster Disciples has been reportedly seen in U.S. military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Gotta love this.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am sick of this "violence culture" crap agian blaming everyone for the actions of a few just like blaming a thing for the actions of an individual where that "culture" already made a law banning it-murder.

How anyone thinks the current generations has become "evolved" is delusional mankind is the same now as it was when they were playing with sticks.

Shame that little girl died, a lot of them and others have died in one of Amerika's most violent cities oh wait what about the rest of the country tho?

I am sure Rahm wont let this crisis go to waste he's trying to blacklist gun manufactures when Chicagos laws clearly haven't worked..
edit on 30-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This farther affirms my belief that Barack Obama is evil and probably an alien who came to earth with an evil agenda.

How sad

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Wouldn't it be a little ironic if the girl was killed by fast & furious guns that made it from a mexican gang to a chicago gang? Not saying it's likely, and was most likely a handgun crime, but just thinking.

Also, I haven't read a lot about this case, but if a guy just ran up and shot people and didn't rob them, it kind of sounds like a gang initiation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join