It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Pic of Nicholas Cage as Superman Surfaces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Remember the fake pic of Nic as superman from years ago?

Well a new 'real' one was has surfaced...

High Res here

Its kinda not bad I think they were going for the Tim Burton Batman look at the time, definitely has a similar feel to it, but I'm still not convinced of Cage as Superman though.

Source

So what do you think?

edit on 29-1-2013 by roughycannon because: Added new link

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
His project list on IMDB shows nothing for Superman, so I don't know.

IMDB is pretty much always up to date as far as I know, but who is to say it isn't so.

ETA: Found the name of the 2013 Superman to be Man Of Steel. Looking on IMDB again for the actual movie shows that Henry Cavill will be playing Superman. LINK

So fake then I guess?
edit on 29-1-2013 by ShadowLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Cage was just one of the actors attached to the project early on. I believe during the period when Kevin Smith was tapped to write the script. Both ended up leaving the project a number of years back. Though I think that aspects of Kevin Smiths script appeared in the previous Superman reboot and some have found their way into the current one.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

If your into superhero stuff its well know that "superman lives" was in pre-production with Nic as superman and Burton as the director in the 90's.

It was cancelled.

superman.wikia.com...

edit on 29-1-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Tim Burton, Nicholas Cage, & Superman.

There would have been no undoing the damage that would have caused, in the same way Rob Zombie destroyed the Halloween series & turned Michael Meyers into white trash. Rob turns everyone in his horror movies to white trash. He'll probably be all over producing a Honey Boo Boo movie.

I don't know who to thank for saving the Superman franchise from being scarred forever, we were spared & I'm grateful. Man Of Steel is not going to disappoint.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
His project list on IMDB shows nothing for Superman, so I don't know.

IMDB is pretty much always up to date as far as I know, but who is to say it isn't so.

ETA: Found the name of the 2013 Superman to be Man Of Steel. Looking on IMDB again for the actual movie shows that Henry Cavill will be playing Superman. LINK

So fake then I guess?

What OP is trying to say is...
There was a superman movie that was scrapped (we're not talking about the new Superman movie at all). Tim Burton was to be director, Kevin Smith (aka silent bob) was to be producer, and Nick Cage was going to play lead as Superman. The first pic has circulated the internets as as the only photo of what was sure to be a costume disaster. The first pic has been proven fake, and now the real photo has surfaced.

People should have known Nick Cage wouldn't be the actor to do that to Superman. The guy has to be his biggest fan. He named his kid Kal-el for crying out loud. Nice find OP S&F

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

To be honest, I like super hero movies, but I dislike Superman. I really don't know why.
Used to like the older ones when I was young, but I guess I grew out of him.

The thread title is what attracted me. I like Cage, but I just can't picture him as a Superman for some reason.

Maybe when the movie comes out I will see it and it might rekindle my interest. I still haven't even seen the last one that came out.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up.
And haha, costume disaster indeed!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Real or not, hes no match for these two.

Safe to say that the male is superman. Not so sure about the female. Was there ever a female spiderman? If so, did she wear a cape?

The most puzzling aspect may be the dancing. Why are they dancing? Does it enhance their powers? Is it a signal of some sort?

edit on 29-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Ummm...
All I have to say is, if that video was made here by a North American artist, it would be a career ender for sure.

Its very upbeat though and I have to admit, the dancing was...different?
9 Million views too. It must of been a hit in India.

I gave it a thumbs up!

And a star for you sir for making my night.

Better go to bed now before I get lost on YouTube again.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Remember the fake pic of Nic as superman from years ago?

You say it's fake but that is a real picture of Nic Cage in a Superman outfit right?

It looks terrible, like Nic Cage in a PVC catsuit.

He also looks dead???

edit on 29-1-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Nicholas Cage is a huge Superman fan, even named his kid Kal-El which is Supermans Kryptonian name.

I wouldn't be too suprised if he had a suit custom made for himself(like in the newer photos).

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Those are probably his big boy toys....a custom suit. Doubt he'll be superman, he just doesn't fit the role.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Those are probably his big boy toys....a custom suit. Doubt he'll be superman, he just doesn't fit the role.

No one's saying he'll be Superman. He was up for the role in the mid-'90s. Not at the moment.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
He looks absolutely ridiculous. The costume... why? Superman needs a costume filled with fake plastic muscles? I can understand Batman needing armour built into his suit given he isn't.. uh, invulnerable...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If your into superhero stuff its well know that "superman lives" was in pre-production with Nic as superman and Burton as the director in the 90's.

It was cancelled.

Thank goodness! I like most Tim Burton movies, and I like Nick Cage...however, that all together with Superman? No thanks....I like chocolate and steak, but chocolate covered steak? No....some things just don't go together...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Nicholas Cage would be a great superman, hes just a great actor period.

However hes probably a bit too old now to pull it off and yea those fake muscles need to go for whoever is playing the Man of Steel.

As for Tim Burton, he should quit making movies unless it involves a lot of make-up and Johnny Depp.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Nicholas Cage would be a great superman, hes just a great actor period.

I don't think so. He's hit and miss at best. He has a weak voice, skinny as hell, little stage presence. He pulled Ghost Rider off because the rider is supposed to be laid back personally. Superman? No way. Jimmy Olsen maybe.

top topics

join