It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Going to Crash Big Time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Because you shake my inner beliefs with ideas that are hard to accept. I've seen a lot of your posts and generally disagree with you but I've seen a few that hit me where it hurts.

I hope you take that as a compliment.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Ok I take that as a complement, thanks!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

How exactly such a long term plan would work, I don’t know but I really do think that the only alternative could be a war as a means to adjust the global financial markets by force.

Agreed. Next "Big Emergency" coming right up.

Considering all the legislation passed recently to limit individual rights, the amassing of huge stores of ammunition and now the "training and "exercise" of National Guard troops in every city...

Looks to be they expect them "austere" measures to cause some conflict.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The problem is not particularly centered in getting more funds but in reducing state expenses. In any case I would agree that a n introduction of a tax over stock transactions would make sense (probably alleviate the pressure in other sector) and stabilize the market a bit (by reducing the number of transactions).

One other major tax policy would be moving away from taxing energy at the consumer level (any form of energy).

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Only semi-related, but am I the only person to be affected by the recent USPS rate hikes? The rate of sending mail internationally seemed to DOUBLE. How exactly is this good for any US business that wants to ship outside of the states? Or for people like me who might use a US based company to send things around the world. As far as I can see this is not good at all. A dollar increase or so seemed fair, but to double it? My 8 dollar package now costs closer to 18 dollars to send. Ridiculous!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
whatever you do you do it for the benefit of others and you will be rich.

if you own a restaurant, prepare food for the enjoyment of others, do it so they can experience what you have prepared for them and sell if for what it is worth, not for what it is. and you'll be rewarded.

if you own a store, sell merchandise that people need and sell it so they can afford it, and you'll be rewarded.

walmart is so successful because they are doing this, as long as they sell all their merchandise for your benefit. and the profit is a reward for helping others.

when they start selling things that obviously was made in china for a dollar, and charge you $19 for it, then walmart will sink.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Thanks for bringing that. The rise of inflation due to printing more dollars to cover the debt is directly responsible for that price increase you noticed. Get ready for more of the same. Now you have to raise the price of your product to cover for the cost increase. Ad infinitum. One day you will need a wheel barrow filled with paper money to buy a loaf of bread.

Or one pre '64 American silver quarter.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

edit on 29-1-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Loot financial system.
Prop it up with a stick.
Attach string to stick.
Get ready to pull on string.

This has happened right in front of our eyes. Many fail to accept it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
America crashed and burned around the time of JFK being killed by numerous hitmen under the orders of the CIA and it hasn't recovered unfortunately.

It's people are lovely. It's government is the problem and don't talk to me about the 2nd amendment... the root of a lot of evil.

Your gun laws have supplied Mexico with weapons of mass destruction and 1000's upon 1000's of innocents have been killed as a result.

Your paranoia about your freedoms are destroying your nation in the eyes of the world.

I would rather fear being punched or stabbed than have the right to carry a gun. The very idea that everyone has the right to have a gun is totally INSANE!!

USA (government) made your evil bed so you lie in it.

what a stupid post, crowbarring gun ownership into this debate

pathetic

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
whatever you do you do it for the benefit of others and you will be rich.

if you own a restaurant, prepare food for the enjoyment of others, do it so they can experience what you have prepared for them and sell if for what it is worth, not for what it is. and you'll be rewarded.

if you own a store, sell merchandise that people need and sell it so they can afford it, and you'll be rewarded.

walmart is so successful because they are doing this, as long as they sell all their merchandise for your benefit. and the profit is a reward for helping others.

when they start selling things that obviously was made in china for a dollar, and charge you $19 for it, then walmart will sink.

nice in theory, clearly does not always work in practice

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
it is a cycle that keeps repeating itself over history..

rome,china,persia,egypt...they all fell

so will the U.S... it will take some time...and many will "join" them rather than "beat them" it will be very similar to nazi germany.

except this world war will be catastrophic. ...and so will the government that will rise from its ahses as well..

i hope im dead by then

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
America needs to enact austerity measures now.

If it is done now, then it won't be imposed on America later.

But ill America tighten it's belt? I'd say the odds of that happening are about the same as me working as a speechwriter for Obama.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

Originally posted by solarstorm
Stop printing money the economy is fuked.

Keep printing money the economy will eventually get fuked.

Mr. Bernanke how the fuk do u sleep at night?

yep, yep, good question..lol

we all need to become self sufficient asap...

start growing some food, do whatever you gotta do...

collect coins/change, lol

i dunno, but i'm hoping for big stuff!

lol

i'm all for new experiences
edit on 28-1-2013 by cornucopia because: (no reason given)

Once again I say this with love.

We cannot hoard food for ourselves. When the collapse occurs, and the worst happens. The worst possible thing any of us can do, is hoard a food supply to last us for 10 years. What needs to happen instead, is to work together. Help out those around you, not just your family, but your neighbors and strangers too. This will not be an easy task, but its something we must do.

Also, I still say go around and start planting seeds on any land that is unused. Near river beds, in parks, on government land that never gets touched. Plant every kind of fruit and vegetable you can think of. Everyone should do this. Not all of it will grow, but some of it will, and if enough people do it, there will be abundance everywhere. Imagine being able to walk down the side of the road and being able to grab an apple, or a head of lettuce, or a carrot.... It can save a life. If it saves one life, it was worth it. The time to do this, is now, before the collapse. And we can, if we want to. There is no excuse not to.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
America crashed and burned around the time of JFK being killed by numerous hitmen under the orders of the CIA and it hasn't recovered unfortunately.

It's people are lovely. It's government is the problem and don't talk to me about the 2nd amendment... the root of a lot of evil.

Your gun laws have supplied Mexico with weapons of mass destruction and 1000's upon 1000's of innocents have been killed as a result.

Your paranoia about your freedoms are destroying your nation in the eyes of the world.

I would rather fear being punched or stabbed than have the right to carry a gun. The very idea that everyone has the right to have a gun is totally INSANE!!

USA (government) made your evil bed so you lie in it.

edit on 29-1-2013 by manmental because: (no reason given)

Mexico gets most of it's guns from international arms traders. The cartels have lots of cash, a fact that did not escape the big boys in the arms trade.

Some came from here, but not the full auto AK's and grenades you see the cartels using. And aside from the guns we gave them ala Fast and Furious, I have yet to see evidence of large scale weapons buys.

Our guns here are semi auto's, not much good to narcotics trafficers.

And to answer your question, it's not paranoia about violence today that keeps me stockpiling ammunition for my guns, it's the coming financial collapse.

Once the system crashes there will be a mass exodus from the major cities into rural areas looking for food and water.

I live where I do for just that reason.

I bought 10 acres of tillable land that I currently rent to a farmer, and 40 acres of riverbottom woodland that is loaded with wild game.

My family will not starve, and if we do it right nobody will be able to take either my crops or hunt on my land.

I'm prepared to either stand my ground or get out of dodge depending on the way things go down.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

I can't remember the name of the documentary off hand but there seems to be quite a bit of people getting away with not paying their taxes. Once they get called court they ask to see the written law which states they must pay federal income tax. Apparently there isn't any and the case gets dismissed. If it's true, IMHO, people need to know this and stop paying federal income tax immediately. Plus it doesn't even go towards Health care, education and/or infrastructure. It goes to pay the interest on the privately created dept of the fed. Those are the ones supposed to be in jail.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Gold is worthless because you won't be able to use it because nobody will have anything. You will need food and water that you can supply yourself and guns to protect that land. You can't eat gold and silver.

You need to be completely self-sufficient and able to keep what you produce.

Don't kid yourself. It is clearly obvious that Obama's end game is to destroy the US from within. no budget for the last 4 years and over the top debt, polarization and military weakening are the classic signs of internal turmoil. Then dictatorship traits from Obama are the last straw. It's in the works to happen before the end of his second term.

He is trying to hide it, but it is too obvious now.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by cornucopia

How is this even remotely funny?

lol

Lots and lots of people are going to die.

lol

Get a grip on reality.

lol

If you're all for new experiences, maybe buy a new computer game.

LOL

it's funny because i KNOW that we are spiritual beings and will never die(soul level)

life can be a game

incarnations after incarnations to experience ALL that can be experienced

remember?

you will some day

also when a country hits rock bottom then that is usually the turning point onto a new more fair/loving path, just like people.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yes, but watch out for the prions they have been contaminated with. They are all infected.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Indeed it is true that throughout history grate states such as the Mongolians and the Romans have had meteoric rise to power and catastrophic falls but I would argue that it is an oversimplification to say that based on this historical precedence America will also one day fail.

America unlike almost any global power before is a superpower that has a truly global reach, the globalisation of world politics means that America is a superpower whose position in the world is drastically different forms the superpowers that preceded it. The superpowers of long ago relied on military might to conquer, they sought territory America is different in its approach to this. America uses its economic power to back its military power whereas before military power backed economic power. In this “New World” America does not even have to invade a state to exert influence over said state, all it has to do is severe economic ties and sanction the state. The powerful states that went before where for the most part principalities rather than the market state that America has become a model witch other states appear to be following.

If America does fail and becomes the 21st century equivalent of ancient Rome it will not fail because the states before it failed, mostly by military defeat but because of economic instability in international or possibly domestic markets. If however America was to retain its economic prowess then there is no reason it should fail even in the face of war.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join