It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Training Exercise in Houston 1/28/2013 - Updated with video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
See how they have morons like this brainwashed? (OMG THINK OF THE CHILDREN) pfft

"If it's to protect our kids, I'm all for it," neighbor Glenn DeWitt said.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by cb0688

Maybe they were hoping to call out those scared residents with automatic weapons?

That was so irresponsible on their part to conduct this exercise without properly informing the residents, and the Fire Department.

Indoctrination into the future.

They probably didn't tell them cause they would have to supply them with paperwork and info on what was going on, at a detail level that they didn't feel was safe for their operation.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
See how they have morons like this brainwashed? (OMG THINK OF THE CHILDREN) pfft

Until their kids are stuck in a school Breslan style. Then it will be Gov'ts fault of course, for taking action.

"Why didn't they train for something like this!?"

This is turning into a wicked cycle that has no good outcomes.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That would leave me completely paranoid if it happened near my area. I wouldn't be able to stop worrying that they knew something was up and were not alerting the public. Does this happen a lot around houston?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tearuone
That would leave me completely paranoid if it happened near my area. I wouldn't be able to stop worrying that they knew something was up and were not alerting the public. Does this happen a lot around houston?

This is not a common occurrence in Houston. I don't recall a previous one.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

In my many years of living in a few different Texas cities, I can honestly say that I have never seen the military training outside a military base.
There should be no need for it, there are thousands of acres at fort hood alone where a mock building can be built for them to train on.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Until their kids are stuck in a school Breslan style. Then it will be Gov'ts fault of course, for taking action.

Amen Dawg. Star for you, and remember how similar Operation Gladio
was to everything going down around here... before AND after.
They're training for another drill to go live or undead, doesn't matter,
same results. More Army Inside.
Might as well prepare for the worst and expect it too.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I understand the need for training...no one is arguing that. The absolute irresponsible and inconsiderate nature of these exercises on PUBLIC property with little to no warning is becoming a bit of an issue. Is there NO POINT in the military having thousands and thousands of acres of land to train on anymore?? They really need to bring this stuff into the civilian population centers unbeknownst to its owners/inhabitants/occupants?

Its as If I repelled into your living room through the skylight, dove through your hallways and back-flipped over your couches firing off blank rounds...and while you stand there in your living room in shock after all is said and done...I tell you, "its just an exercise, don't worry"...

FOR SURE...you would have a problem with that and when you call out the obvious and say: "hey don't you have DoD land/facilities to train for this crap??" I reply with: "yea but its just not as "real" ya know"...as if that is some kind of justification for what I just did...

I find it absurd...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
They seem to have told only the people they felt needed to know, a.k.a. anyone that might interfere. What I find a little disturbing is I remember back when primary concerns for an operation like this would have been the citizen reaction, and the chance of putting one at risk.

Now it’s treaded like it’s nothing. Anyone with that kind of mind set is a risk or a danger, depending on how you want to look at it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by okiecowboy

Yes I saw that. They did a similar drill last year also. But this is just getting plain weird.

There was a time people in surrounding communities were given a heads up on training exercises long before the actual training. Now all these unannounced training exercises are really upsetting unsuspecting people which I'm inclined to believe is apart of the agenda. All the recent events whether they are real or faked have created fear points in the general public so when they do these unannounced drills it's actually terrorizing the inhabitants.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Of course they won't inform anyone that they are doing a training exercise, they will keep doing it unannounced, until people just blow it of as damn government training again with out telling anyone, then it won't be training any more. Getting people off guard nothing to see here mentality. Good luck everyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

The problem is that people don't pay attention any more.

They're to caught up in texting each other or being otherwise entertained to pay attention to what the real world is doing.

That's not a good thing.

Now if you can fast rope through my skylight, I will have to give you a high five....since I don't have one.
That's talent.

Ya break through my door however and fire off a couple of blanks, you're gonna receive a couple doses of reality center mass. Followed by a head shot.

I'm a mellow guy, but I am capable of violent action if need be.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There are enough world events happening that may be the cause of these drills. Especially with the North Korea situation and the crazy Iranians. Makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

Now if you can fast rope through my skylight, I will have to give you a high five....since I don't have one.
That's talent.
40mm can make a nice skylight if needed...i can improvise ha

Ya break through my door however and fire off a couple of blanks, you're gonna receive a couple doses of reality center mass. Followed by a head shot.

and I would expect no less to be honest. I would do the same and that is one of my other concerns regarding their exercises...they are setting themselves up for a potential "problem" and part of it thinks that might be part of the plan into goading people into attacking the military...because its hard for me to fathom that the brass organizing these drills/exercises are naive enough to ignore/miss that potentiality and leave it unaccounted for.

These type of encroachment exercises/drills seem to be focused on the southern states.

However some around here find it preposterous that people would take their environment seriously enough and fire back at one of these unmarked birds popping off blank rounds or the unannounced military on the ground dressed in rag tag terrorist gear shooting up a school...see my point?

edit on 29-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have to give credit to the news heli for hanging around and filming when they were clearly not invited to do so.

This trend is very disturbing. There is no reason they couldn't give a heads-up to the community prior to the training event. I think they're smart enough to know this would alarm a lot of people. I guess that was part of the plan.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Yes I do.

There is a thing that is performed prior to any mission. It is called a Risk Assessment. The most Senior must sign off on it prior to giving the command of "Go".

That has me worried.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ok, seriously? A training on homesoil and you are all freaking out??

I live in Sweden and it is fairly common for our tiny little army to train in our towns around the country without any notice before it happens other than it is stated on the armys homepage (forsvarsmakten.se)

We had a traing exercise in a little town close to where I live, it´s called Kalmar (40k pop.). They hade like 60 army dudes running around in downtown and shooting like som freaking action movie, and put up roadblocks and what not.

It is a common practice. Your own army has to be able to defend it´s own town, and know the layouts and tactics and whatnot IF an attack was to happen. That is why they do it, so that they are prepeard! You don´t wan´t you army to be total n00bs on their own hometurf do you? It´s a good thing if you are so scarred of invasion this invasion that. Chillax!

BTW ....I freaking hate the army . Peace.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I have to give credit to the news heli for hanging around and filming when they were clearly not invited to do so.

Probably forgot to inform the Houston Center FAA about it also.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nettlas
Ok, seriously? A training on homesoil and you are all freaking out??
I live in Sweden and it is fairly common for our tiny little army to train in our towns around the country without any notice before it happens other than it is stated on the armys homepage (forsvarsmakten.se)

This ain't Sweden homeslice...this is the US we have a lot of land we have designated for our military to do what they need to do...And its good to know a country could potentially invade Sweden and you all would probably think its a drill...

We had a traing exercise in a little town close to where I live, it´s called Kalmar (40k pop.). They hade like 60 army dudes running around in downtown and shooting like som freaking action movie, and put up roadblocks and what not.

considering your geographical location and borders an invasion of Sweden isn't too far off and training for such makes a bit more sense...in the US...not so much...were supposed to have wiped out any foreign army approaching before they even get a glimpse of land...if we have some kind of unfathomable "Red Dawn" scenario ya...would make sense of their training and consequently all of the concerns being addressed that you are trying to dismiss...

It is a common practice. Your own army has to be able to defend it´s own town, and know the layouts and tactics and whatnot IF an attack was to happen. That is why they do it, so that they are prepeard! You don´t wan´t you army to be total n00bs on their own hometurf do you? It´s a good thing if you are so scarred of invasion this invasion that. Chillax!

Again this ain't Sweeden were talking about here...Invading the US from any other countries perspective has been the worst nightmare imaginable and there for unfathomable. If the US is training for homeland military action due to foreign invasion we better be damned worried because that was an unthinkable impracticality not too long ago...Terrorism ya, ok were vulnerable to that...but tell me what 50cal strafing runs in downtown Miami is going to help with isolated terrorism incidents?

edit on 29-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird, Special Operations,SFOD-D maybe.
Militia actors with possible Palestinian scarves?
Paintball guns.
Photo/Video by guys in orange vests.
Possible Militia compound exercise.
Possible School hostage situation.
Think I saw an ATF vest too...

A lot going on in this vid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join