It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Training Exercise in Houston 1/28/2013 - Updated with video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Does anyone in Chicago not know the sound of a gun shot. I thought shooting was a daily occurrence there.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cb0688
Here's another update from a couple of hours ago. Sorry for the crappy quality - I couldn't find the video on ABC13's site so I just recorded it with my phone.

Video Update 1/30/2013

Thank you for the video! Btw, today is the 29th
lol

Ps, VERY interesting they say it's USSOCOM participating in the drill. Hmmmm...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by TDawgRex

If we thought we could trust the government it would be one thing, but since we know we can't...

I don't think there was prewarning in Miami of Houston because the Fire/Rescue were not notified.

I worked Operations during my last years and always made sure that any exercise was coordinated with the local government.

That said, they always didn't spread the word amongst each other. We always had problems at some point.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordArrgh
I found this on another site and it kinda plays into the "Training Exercise" thing thought I would share

According to a letter from Cary-Grove High School principal Jay Sargeant, there will be a code red drill at the school on Wednesday.

It will include somebody shooting blanks from a gun in the hallway “in an effort to provide our teachers and students some familiarity with the sound of gunfire.”

chicago.cbslocal.com...

edit on 29-1-2013 by LordArrgh because: fixing the url

Not to sound blase', but if they are in Chicago, they are already used to the sound of gunfire.

It's getting pretty bad there as it is in my neighborhood, which was until recently considered to be a B&B community.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by txinfidel

And why are we seeing joint training with the police in these cases? Not like they are going to be working together....or are they?

You'd think that the military would be better suited to protecting the borders. Apparently they are more likely to work within residential areas of one of our nations largest cities.

The SS was the Nazi version of homeland security.
They always worked closely with the German police too.

Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by Swills

Well, Im pretty sure thats illegal.

In any case, I am really having to dig to find any more info on this. So it must be pretty hush hush whatever it is.

Its not illegal thanks to Bush Jr and our so called war on terrorism. The military has been conducting drills in US cities for at least a year now. From my google searches they've been in LA, St. Louis, and just recently this week Miami and now Houston. Who knows, there could have well been more drills elsewhere we just haven't learned about them yet.

There has been military presence in Laredo Texas as well for about... 7 months now...
www.pro8news.com...

The city isn't too concerned since it is a border town they just dismissed it as Border Patrol training... I still don't see the need for military tents and tanks

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by LordArrgh
I found this on another site and it kinda plays into the "Training Exercise" thing thought I would share

According to a letter from Cary-Grove High School principal Jay Sargeant, there will be a code red drill at the school on Wednesday.

It will include somebody shooting blanks from a gun in the hallway “in an effort to provide our teachers and students some familiarity with the sound of gunfire.”

chicago.cbslocal.com...

edit on 29-1-2013 by LordArrgh because: fixing the url

Not to sound blase', but if they are in Chicago, they are already used to the sound of gunfire.

It's getting pretty bad there as it is in my neighborhood, which was until recently considered to be a B&B community.

I was going to sit this one out, but with you, I spent some time in both the PAO and 3(operations) shops.....and my very first thought was that it is a test exercise to test the unit effectiveness....The best way to fire a gun it to test the unit or units, so I would imagine there would be missing links there....However, we always ensured that the public that would be effected was notified, at least the effected locations dispatch. The idea of a test is to train and test the unit, kinda pointless to tell the unit and ignore the public. Kinda like calling your security company and telling them you are testing them.....Of course, they will then pay attention to your system, doesn't mean they are going to ignore it on a regular basis.

On a few posters, yes, there are NUMEROUS urban training sites scattered throughout the country built with lifelike proportion for just this type of training, with live fire aspects as well, this was nothing but a show.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
The idea of a test is to train and test the unit, kinda pointless to tell the unit and ignore the public. Kinda like calling your security company and telling them you are testing them.....Of course, they will then pay attention to your system, doesn't mean they are going to ignore it on a regular basis.

The thing is, Civvies are Civvies. They are not used to this type of training. They're to busy listening to Lady Gaga or texting each other. They are living their lives and are not prepared for this sort of thing. Most aren't anyways.

The PAO should have done a better job and followed up on it rather than check the box. This exercise could have gone done bad.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's really simple folks and no coincidence. With the amount of uprising regarding the assault weapons ban, They are preparing for it. I believe if any kind of bill is passed, you are going to see massive amounts of people protesting. So our government is having the military prepare for this. I also believe we are going to start seeing more of these "practice drills" in the months to come. It's very sad that "our" military would actually shoot at it's own civilians because it's their "duty".

I believe fit is about to hit the shan here soon. I'm curious, did the msm pick up on this or the drills that went on in Miami early this week? I know local news picked up on it but I can't find anything on the msm covering it.
Get ready folks, the United States of Corporations is about to get real ugly here soon.
Police state here we come.........................

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I live in Fort Worth near Lockheed.
However, there's been a lot of fly overs...and when I mean fly overs I mean like an unreasonable amount that isn't anywhere near the amount we usually get.

It's been pretty standard to hear about 4-10 fighter jets fly over my house & workplace one after another. There's been a TON of activity with the jets, from a few groups of 1-2 (per group), etc.

At night there's definitely been a lot of noise coming from Lockheed. Large banging noises as if things the size of houses are being slammed down...I mean it honestly is loud enough to hear from indoors. There's a lot of groaning noises & metal being slammed around frequently, with planes flying in and out frequently. Really odd-compared to normal activity from Lockheed.

Trains are coming as normal.
I intend to check out whether planes are leaving, and coming back, or just leaving...Or just coming, but not leaving (study the patterns etc.)

There's also been a lot of incidences of large airplane sounds coming from Lockheed for about 3-5 seconds, then disappearing completely, then a pause of a few seconds and then that same 3-5 jet sound. It's not flying over; it's all from Lockheed as if the planes (or whatever) are stationary & they're testing stuff.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Ghostx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I think at this point we all know where the government is heading. The question is: when is it going to happen?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
IDK how reliable it is but here's an article that lists a lot of the "training exercises" that have happened

Link

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I searched and found this thread, and wanted to state a few things.
I live in west Houston. I have a friend who lives in the Sugarland area.

He reports he's been hearing choppers fly VERY low, and fast.

Yesterday I saw a black military helicopter fly over my house.
Last night my partner and I heard it fly low, and quickly.
Before bed, around 2-3 in the MORNING, we saw one fly VERY low with a search light on.

Just thought I should post it.

I've been seeing these events last summer, and it seemed to kick up again this summer, but more active. They fly at night over residential areas, when people should be sleeping. They are flying low. There seems to be an increase in activity.
This is also right next to I-10 so I think that has a lot to do with it. But, why fly so low?
It seems like they're trying to get sleeping people used to the noise, and slowly increase activity. But, that is just a harmless speculation.

I didn't see anything else on this so I thought this was a correct thread to post this info.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join