It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's secret skeet shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

He is for the 2nd ammendment.

No he isn't

The current administration wants to regulate the sale of firearms and to put restrictions on civilians owning military weaponry. How does him shooting skeet help that in any way?

They already do regulate the entire firearms market I know some people fail to look up the current laws already on the books:

1934 THE NFA banned machine guns and other "bad guns"
1968 The gun control act did the same thing.
1986 more gun control laws that did the same thing.
1994 more gun control laws that did the same thing.

2013 Obama and the administration say they need more power for doing they already have the power for.

Civilians do not own military weapons and the arms in question were never designed for the battlefield because if they were why does no military in the world carry them?
edit on 5-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Since Obama's SSN doesn't pass the employment E-verify process,

Yes it does actually. You really shouldnt believe the nonsense posted by birthers.

It didn't work when I ran it.

Granted that was 2 years ago, I'm sure it's been "fixed" by now.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
It didn't work when I ran it.
Granted that was 2 years ago, I'm sure it's been "fixed" by now.

Well, it has been changed, so which one did you run....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My thread on this subject having been closed (I started it when I found another on the subject to be closed)...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

... I have one more observation on this photo I would like to make.

The smoke bothers me. The two distinct plumes are a different color and seem to have other textural differences.

The smoke itself bothers me. I've been shooting 12 gauge shotguns for 35+ years and never had one smoke like that on me.

EVER.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
My thread on this subject having been closed (I started it when I found another on the subject to be closed)...

The smoke bothers me. The two distinct plumes are a different color and seem to have other textural differences.

The smoke itself bothers me. I've been shooting 12 gauge shotguns for 35+ years and never had one smoke like that on me.

EVER.

I agree...The "smoke" is the one thing that sticks out the most!

The only things that I can conceive, if the picture has NOT been edited for the appearance of a recent discharge taking place, would be:

1) The relative humidity at Camp David, during the time that the photo was taken?
2) The elevation, might contribute to a phenomena that is out of the ordinary for many experienced shooters?
3) Some special or exclusive type of powder used, that would cause the effect?

Anyone want to take a crack at these? Or perhaps, add to them, with other possibilities?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by SBMcG

EVER.

I agree...The "smoke" is the one thing that sticks out the most!

The only things that I can conceive, if the picture has NOT been edited for the appearance of a recent discharge taking place, would be:

1) The relative humidity at Camp David, during the time that the photo was taken?
2) The elevation, might contribute to a phenomena that is out of the ordinary for many experienced shooters?
3) Some special or exclusive type of powder used, that would cause the effect?

Anyone want to take a crack at these? Or perhaps, add to them, with other possibilities?

I think none-of-the-above. Of the several elements of the photo that really bug me, the smoke is the hardest to explain away. The only thing I can think of is that the gun had just been cleaned, an excess amount of mineral oil left in the barrel, and that was his first shot after that cleaning. Even then...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

reply to post by SBMcG

the only issue with smoke - is the smoke being blown out of folks who claim its fake`s arses

image one

image two

image three

image five

image six

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

None of those photos are even close to being similar in the amount of smoke and variation of color thereof in the subject photo.

I know that you Obama supporters truly believe this man is messianic, but you have to understand that the all-too-often and all-too-convenient release of photos and/or documents like this seem a little (or a lot) too politically expedient to those of us who have reason to be highly suspicious of this administration.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I noticed shooters with the shotgun properly held to their shoulders.
I also noticed a couple of them had a place to hold the 25 rounds of ammo required when shooting skeet.
Of course, those people actually might 'shoot skeet all the time'. Unlike the Liar in Chief.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

where did you aquire the delusion that i am an obama supporter ? the same pit as your delusions about gun fumes ?

reply to post by butcherguy

as i said earlier - i make no claim that he hs good at it - as for reloading - heard of gun bearers ? its thier job to carry and load VIPs guns on shoots

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by SBMcG

where did you aquire the delusion that i am an obama supporter ? the same pit as your delusions about gun fumes ?

as i said earlier - i make no claim that he hs good at it - as for reloading - heard of gun bearers ? its thier job to carry and load VIPs guns on shoots

The only time I've seen a "gun bearer" as you call it was on the Sporting Clay course at Nemacolin. A grandson was carrying for his grandfather when moving from station to station through the woods. Grandpa needed a cane and a free hand. After College I worked at the Homestead in Virginia. No official Gun Bearers there either. You are mistaking a 1920's African Safari for a casual round of skeet at Camp David.

AS for Obama on the Camp David Skeet Range. No need for a gun bearer on a small range like that.... Plus there is no explanation why Obama was only shooting with ONE choke tube in the Upper Barrel. He would need both barrels to shoot a proper round of skeet. Firing a shot through the unchoked barrel would ensure that that barrel is ruined. You could never thread a choke into it again. Ruined.....

The only Gun Bearer present for Obama was the person who handed him the weapon for the photo shoot. One shot and the gun was back in the rack... and Obama sat with an ice pack on his feminine shoulder....

edit on 13-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You are mistaking a 1920's African Safari for a casual round of skeet at Camp David.

That was what ran through my mind when I saw the term gun bearer.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

sigh - must you be spoon fed ???

we are discussing the shooting activity of the POTUS , not some yokel , and like i say - VIP shooters employ loaders

here :

example one scroll down to 2nd image - caption : "bernard ferri with his LOADER .... "

example two , caption : " A LOADER ejects a shell from a 12-guage shotgun while a Russian businessman shoots at pheasants overhead"

loaders are reall folks - get over it

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I gotta hand it to you. "A" for effort. Now you are comparing Game hunting in the Scottish Higlands to Obama on the skeet range at Camp David. Obama said he shoots "skeet all the time" not pheasants in the field...

I've been around the sport of skeet, clays and trap for many years and those Scottish traditions just don't hold here. Especially on the skeet/trap range. How long did it take you to find those pics to try an prove your point?

Fun pics though. Still doesn't explain Obamas use of a Single choke on a Double Gun in a sport that flies double birds requiring two shots. Really... Look it up...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"Yokel" Ever been to Nemacolin or The Homestead. No Yokels there.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You must do a lot of skeet shooting too, eh? Like Obama does apparently.

I have yet to see someone with a 'gunbearer' or 'loader' on a skeet range.

sigh - must you be spoon fed ???

I don't need the spoon you are holding, it's full of crap.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
He goes skeet shooting in front of a teleprompter....

Yeah, They can get pictures of him on his hawaiian vacation, or him playing golf, but not at his vacation spot in camp david???

lolololol

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
He goes skeet shooting in front of a teleprompter....

Yeah, They can get pictures of him on his hawaiian vacation, or him playing golf, but not at his vacation spot in camp david???

lolololol

Well, a White House reporter for the New York Times established (in an interview with Tim Matthews) that Obama hates Camp David...
But he shoots skeet there all the time.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

OH THATS RIGHT! I completely forgot

I also thought obama was right handed, according to that green screen picture he shoots lefty

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

OH THATS RIGHT! I completely forgot

I also thought obama was right handed, according to that green screen picture he shoots lefty

Hmmm.
I always thought of him as a 'lefty'.
Sinister.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join