It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful System to Bring Widespread Severe Weather Potential 01/29/2013

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Ok so I lied. It is going to be rainy and windy.
I admit it already feels like the start of a hurricane out there.

You LIED about the weather?! WOw.. you have a future career in meteorology! Nixie the weathergirl...

Youll fit right in with my local weather guy, Disaster Dave. The guy gets all orgasmic during a severe storm... very passionate about his false weather hysteria...
When we had that severe tornado outbreak here... I think I heard the words "historic" , "unprecedented", "hail" "baseball-sized", and "amazing", more than I heard "take shelter its an f4". We had at once 17 areas of rotation across this storm all in the metro area. The last 3 years we have had really crazy stuff. A debris ball showed up on radar it was such a booger. Never heard of that before!

This is the crazy stuff we get here recently
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Dark clouds are starting to roll in, and the gusts are a lot worst now when they happen.

got up to 82, hehehehehe (not too unusual for SC during the winter), and by Friday the over night low will be 26! Everyone is going to be sick.

Looks link the leading edge of this front is bashing Atlanta right now, which is just a couple of hours west of me.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Several counties in Upstate SC and GA are under tornado watches, along with several actual WARNINGS too.

Looks like my county will be added to the watch list here with in the hour. Hmmmmm. Thinking of taking pics so I can post them if any look interesting (I mean we've all seen trees swaying in the high winds, right?)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Wow,I can't believe this storm is still going!

Becareful down there in my home state,Eric.
Giving the folks a call to make sure they are alright.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I was hoping this thing would have lost some steam by now.

We've had nothing but rain and some thunder/lightening since the front of it rolled thru this AM. I'm feeling pretty lucky about that.

Hope it passes without too much trouble!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
All quiet here in Southwest Michigan the temps starting to drop though. Last night a little storm but only a bit od rain not the 2 inches they said. 4-6 inches of snow in the next day but I doubt it

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

I was hoping this thing would have lost some steam by now.

We've had nothing but rain and some thunder/lightening since the front of it rolled thru this AM. I'm feeling pretty lucky about that.

Hope it passes without too much trouble!

It's been hot the last two days (well hot for winter, low 70's to mid 70's then 81 today). Mix that in with a cold front (I mean look at those temps behind the front, brrrrrr, and it's going to drop 40 deg's here in a few hours, hehe), and you get these kinds of storms.

2 weeks from now we might see snow on the ground, hehehehe. All par for the course for the SE part of the US during this time of year.

edit: ah, starting to get some sprinkles.
edit on 30-1-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I just found out my brother-in-law was in Adiarsville,GA 30 mins before the tornado hit there.
He is safe now.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Actually they are predicting a dusting of snow for us tomorrow night. The past few weeks our weather has been all over the place.

Stay safe Eric and if ya get a chance, check in after the worse of it has passed.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You know.......there's just something about opening up a radar map and seeing something like this bearing down on you that makes you have a "Oh crap....." moment.....

I'm over by the little town called Aiken...well many miles from it in the woods anyways....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

My sister lives just west of there about 30 miles from Atlanta.
She said the storm has pass and it wasn't to bad.
Stay safe!

ETA: I grew up in Red Bank ,where my parents live.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm so sad for the victims in Adairsville. It's nearly like Joplin all over again, to me. Been following the weather channel all day ( when they interrupt the commercials..) where they promise continual coverage of these systems.
I mean, January???!!! I've been alive since the Kennedy Administration, and I don't recall this sort of thing.
So, I feel really scared for all of us come national warmup time, ( April May June )
edit on 30-1-2013 by Eedjee because: correction

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My county is now under a tornado watch until 1 am.

Strong hail with several of the leading cells of the thunderstorms that are moving in the direction of the CSRA (hail is never a good thing to have with thunder storms since it means heavy up draft, hopefully it's just pea sized).

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm in the Northeast, I just tested the sump pumps and the generator. I also battened down the firewood stack covers. We made it through Sandy....this should be fine.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Passing through right now.

Total downpour. Wind whipped rain.

Winds are shaking the house pretty good. Power's staying on (which is good since it tends to fail).

Wind is really whipping the trees around, but hard to tell since it's dark out.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
We got hit at about 2 or 3am. The wind ahead of it was the worst part here. Once the actual storm got here it wasn't so bad. Not everyone fared as well though, a town in my county got hit pretty hard:

Hickman County Town Nearly Leveled by Storm. No Serious Injuries.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Pretty much over here. Just ran down into town.

Debris on the roads, mostly dead branches or dead trees is all. Didn't loose power, which is surprising considering how bad the winds did kick up.

Winds still gusting here and there, but no where near as bad, with some light rain here or there.

Temps though? Already down to 49, heheheheheheh.

I wish others out there had fared as I did, and my heart goes out to all those hit hard by this front that moved through starting yesterday.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mendy
We got hit at about 2 or 3am. The wind ahead of it was the worst part here. Once the actual storm got here it wasn't so bad. Not everyone fared as well though, a town in my county got hit pretty hard:

Hickman County Town Nearly Leveled by Storm. No Serious Injuries.

It was sort of hit and miss,as always.
Glad there was no loss of life .
You can always rebuild,but you can't replace a life.
Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I would think of it as a scary moment and an experience if I survived the encounter. Of course, if you get into terms as a tornado "being the end of the world", then I agree with you.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaExplorer15
reply to post by kdog1982

I would think of it as a scary moment and an experience if I survived the encounter. Of course, if you get into terms as a tornado "being the end of the world", then I agree with you.

It's scary as hell.
I have had some close calls with tornadoes,but I have been through my fare share of hurricanes.
12 hours of howling,100 mph winds,things creaking and cracking,loud booms and so on.
I would take on a hurricane versus a tornado.You have alot more of a warning.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join