It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful System to Bring Widespread Severe Weather Potential 01/29/2013

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.

I always appreciate these threads because the member updates can be faster than the weather men sometimes.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thank you kdog!!

I think I've been worried about the threat of tornados every since I saw the warm-up/cool-down in the forecast, had a dream about a tornado 2 nights ago. (Weds forecast- high of 65, low of 31
)

The past few years have been crazy with the threat of winter tornados. I read somewhere that winter tornados can be more deadly because they move faster, so I would urge anyone in the path of this storm to keep a close eye on the weather alerts and have a plan.

I also have the same concern as Des. All the precipitation of the last few weeks and now the threat of high winds, I hope those trees stay upright!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Im in Arkansas, and right now, it feels like a Summer morning with 90% humidity. Very warm. and the clouds are moving like a freight train. I'll be watching this very closely, nothing really shocks me anymore, with the weird weather in this region. Meteoroligist can be calling for snow one day, and violent tornadoes and summer like conditions the next day. I will post some pics in a bit, if it gets really bad.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread. I'm in Austin and it has been so dry the past couple of years, so I am really looking forward to a really good down pour. I love thunderstorms, the anticipation....smelling, hearing and seeing it approach gives me wonderful chills. Then when it is over me I feel charged, refueled.

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Great looking out for a lot of people. I hope they stay safe, and thanks to threads like this, properly posted in the Fragile Earth section like it should be, maybe some people might be safer because of it.

And I know the 'everything is normal' people will disagree, but this weather is not normal.

Two weeks ago here in SE Michigan, I was out biking with my kids. Last night we picked up about two inches of snow in my area, highs were in the 20's, followed by freezing rain. Right now, its raining.

Tomorrow we are forecast for 58, with a good chance of breaking the record and hitting 60. By Thursday its going to be back in the 20's here.

Yeah, normal...whatever.

Star and flag!

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Im in Arkansas, and right now, it feels like a Summer morning with 90% humidity. Very warm. and the clouds are moving like a freight train. I'll be watching this very closely, nothing really shocks me anymore, with the weird weather in this region. Meteoroligist can be calling for snow one day, and violent tornadoes and summer like conditions the next day. I will post some pics in a bit, if it gets really bad.

im in arkansas as well...fort smith area. we have been fortunate over the years and all the tornado's have developed east of us arounf little rock so we are due for a out break...

yall be careful

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eedjee
I'm North of those areas, but I stated earlier in another thread, of my astonishment at a drastic temp rise near 60, from my subfreezing norms, in a few days.

Living in the Chicago area most of my life, I can tell you, when a winter goes by without at least one temperature swing of 40+ degress within 24 hours - that's when its time to panic. Regardless of whether we're having a colder or warmer winter than normal, we'll almost always have a temp rise or fall of 50 degrees or more in a 24-48 hour period.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

For us, Tuesdays high is 65 with a low of 28. Wednesday has a high of 34 with a low of 13. Thursdays high is 20.

If trees knock down power lines, we could be in a world of hurt come Wednesday, due to the freezing conditions.

If you have a generator, make sure ya have plenty of fuel. I know I do.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Take it for what it is.
It's a storm.
Most areas that will be affected are at about a torcon 4.
That is the risk of getting a tornado,4 out 10.

Last March,a tornado ripped through this little town just north of me ,about 20 miles.
That was Henryville,Indiana.It destroyed the highschool and pretty much wiped the town out.
People lost they're lives.

So,if I can in anyway help save one, then I did what I intended to do,nothing more.
My hopes are that it's all minor and nothing happens.

For my area in northern Kentucky ,it will be getting here late tomorrow night through wed. morning.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Thanks,doodle.
Stay safe down there.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
good work kdog! I watched your last thread last winter with interest - hopefully nothing too severe hits populated areas! Only this weekend went through our first 'tornado watch' in Australia, and they would have been nothing compared to the big ones you guys get out there - I can't imagine that anxiety every season, and now to be worrying in winter too! You're all stronger of spirit than I!

s&f, will be thinking safe thoughts for you all!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I love storms, so a little squall will be okay.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This storm just left Utah this morning. We got about 10" of snow overnight (on the benches). It's a good storm. I went to my parents for dinner last night, and was only there for 90 min. By the time I left, I had 4" on my car. Good luck everyone East of us! Though the storm to follow sounds like it might be just as good. One weatherman actually said he predicts snow until June. haha
Though I do have a feeling this is going to be a long winter for us.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Thank you,LTL.

Not looking like much right now,it's still aways off.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No problem man, I get cranky at people who underestimate weather.

And yes, it is a ways off yet. But it looks like it has some potent energy. It is going to depend alot on how much moisture is saturating the eastern side of the country when it rolls through, plus how warm it gets in the next two days.

Hopefully any one of those three things weakens or lowers. Energy of the storm, moisture in the air, and temp at the location.

Praying for something wimpy, but definitely going to be watching.

Thank you again for the advance warning, I have friends down south.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
For some reason I really like inclement weather

I lived In nyc all my life and it just seems to calm me and everybody else. This might be different if I lived else where.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Stay alert and safe,OneisOne.

I had this big,beautiful blue spruce that just fell over one day with winds that weren't really that strong.
Turned out the roots had basically became over-saturated and rotted.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
very interesting. i just got back from a long 2 hour walk and i gotta say the birds were acting weird. im not sure if it has any relation to the high speed winds coming but they were all just walking and flying very close to the ground in the woods, definitely not normal. it was eerie

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oh god, the end of the world is coming.....Again!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaExplorer15
Oh god, the end of the world is coming.....Again!

You are right,not the end of the world.
That is unless a tornado touches down near you,then would think it was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join