Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

New China UFO Blitz?

page: 1
10
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Preliminary emails coming in about UFO sightings all across Xinjiang and Gansu provinces in western China! Anybody else hearing anything, or seeing it in the Chinese blogosphere?




posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Interesting! I wait to see what people have to add to this.

Nothing on Twitter? I'm not on Twitter so I can't check.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg
 


Emails from where, who is sending them. Link...please.

Des



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sources......?



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg
 



Preliminary emails coming in about UFO sightings all across Xinjiang and Gansu provinces in western China!


Are you able to post these emails?

I cannot find any corroborative stories doing a search online.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft
 


OOPS...posted in wrong thread.....

Des
edit on 27-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


I find it interesting that this is the same area ( borders of Xinjiang and Gansu provinces) as the apparent calibration symbols that were hosted here on ATS a few months ago..........



www.dailymail.co.uk...[e ditby]edit on 27-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because: added link



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg
 


Nothing yet on youtube... so i doubt it. Source?



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg
 


earthquake in that region www.emsc-csem.org...



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Decided to wait for OP for further info...
edit on 27-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


I dunno but I checked twitter and no UFO tweets from that region. I do not think many people even live in that part of the world.. it is a Desert I think



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I'd try here 1st Jim ...

B-2 bombers return to Guam (by Zaphod58 posted on 23-1-2013 @ 03:08 PM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: They are probably just testing China's air defences and resolve before the full blown war starts ok! :shk:



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
OK...another member here, one I truly respect, has set me straight on the OP. I'll wait for clarification from Jim/OP, as he sounds as if he may be onto something.

Des



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
.

If this OP is "the Jim Oberg " I'd be very interested in anything he has to say .

.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This may explain it

On 27 Jan 1518 GMT [10:18 AM EST] Xinhua announced a 'land-based mid-course missile interception test' had just occurred. If the test had occurred only a few hours earlier, over the Gobi Desert [as with the first test 3 years ago], it would be several hours after sunset and would have been visible to ground observers over a wide area. The last time this happened, 'UFO reports' were sparked all across Mongolia and neighboring Chinese provinces, such as Xinjiang and Gansu . [story below] Now is the time to pay special attention to Asian news agencies for any such repeat 'UFO reports' that could be very helpful detailed accounts of the missile-missile collision. Jim O
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...





posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
This may explain it

On 27 Jan 1518 GMT [10:18 AM EST] Xinhua announced a 'land-based mid-course missile interception test' had just occurred. If the test had occurred only a few hours earlier, over the Gobi Desert [as with the first test 3 years ago], it would be several hours after sunset and would have been visible to ground observers over a wide area. The last time this happened, 'UFO reports' were sparked all across Mongolia and neighboring Chinese provinces, such as Xinjiang and Gansu . [story below] Now is the time to pay special attention to Asian news agencies for any such repeat 'UFO reports' that could be very helpful detailed accounts of the missile-missile collision. Jim O
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...




Indeed it might. So he is just baiting us, then.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
OK...another member here, one I truly respect, has set me straight on the OP. I'll wait for clarification from Jim/OP, as he sounds as if he may be onto something.


In the last hour I'm drawing a blank too and I'm not getting farther confirmation, but it may take a while longer.

Thanks for the checking, I hope it's really worth it and I'll have some background details tonight, for sure.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Indeed it might. So he is just baiting us, then.


No baiting -- casting the net wide for almost-real-time analysis.

Understanding how this happens -- from rockets and OTHER stimuli -- has suffered in the past from tardy investigations, too late to catch the immediate perceptions.

I do have Beijing private sources, from my visit there last April on my way to and from North Korea.

Hopefully this type of event can really teach us all stuff we only speculated about aimlessly in the past.

NOT a waste of time!

.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg
 


Thanks for checking back in Jim. I'll watch for updates in this thread.

Des



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Two Beijing sources got telephones messages, from people out west who had been alerted to respond quickly to any sky apparitions, after news came out a few days ago about a possible anti-missile test repeat. I got a relay via email, but nothing further so far.

But as of this hour, it's still before dawn on Monday in China, and news organs are pretty much asleep.

The urgency is in collecting raw reports from witnesses before subsequent news reporting confuses any remembered perceptions with expectations of what a missile test OUGHT to look like.

Unpolluted first impressions are particularly important, and I'll explain why at length soon. They are important to all sides of the UFO debate and offer a long-sought gap-bridger in analysis of still baffling reports.





new topics

top topics


active topics

 
10
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join