New China UFO Blitz?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
UFO professional debunker for NASA is posting a China UFO blitz? Why? They don't exist. Does NASA know you're making this thread?

Your intentions are suspect and your OP is one rung below vague. What's a blitz anyway? An attack? Who uses that word in the UFO field?

And what do you mean by:

Understanding how this happens -- from rockets and OTHER stimuli -- has suffered in the past from tardy investigations, too late to catch the immediate perceptions.

What are you talking about??? Are you already planting the subliminal-seed that this (whatever "this" is) is a rocket or missile? If so, you're abusing this category for your own personal gain for you already know its identity! Why not put this in a more apropos category like: Breaking News?

Really Mr O.....there is a huge communication break down right now between your words (and motive) and my brain (and suspicion)!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

What are you talking about??? Are you already planting the subliminal-seed that this (whatever "this" is) is a rocket or missile? If so, you're abusing this category for your own personal gain for you already know its identity! Why not put this in a more apropos category like: Breaking News?..

My guess is he's looking for intel on chinese equipment, without spending money on it, hoping that maybe some local chinese ATS'ers may chime in.

You don't have to attack him further, we got your point, let's see if anything comes of the thread.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The videos are now all over youtube. Let me get some links!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
The videos are now all over youtube. Let me get some links!

Didn't you post this link on another site?

www.globaltimes.cn...

Here is the link to your post....

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

How is this unidentified at all? It's a rocket launch. Why all the exaggerated excitement and confusion over it? And why is it in the UFO section? From the article you linked it is clearly identified. Sensationalism sells I guess.

Here is another article on it....

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 1/28/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Jim, has your account been hacked or is this some sort in house joke with you and the rest of NASA? I really don't see where you are going with this.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I do have Beijing private sources, from my visit there last April on my way to and from North Korea

North Korea??? are you kidding me?, Would love to hear about that.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeebsy

I do have Beijing private sources, from my visit there last April on my way to and from North Korea

Incredible trip -- see links from my home page, in signature below.

link   
More links:

China carries out mid-course missile interception test

www.globaltimes.cn...

www.globaltimes.cn...

www.globaltimes.cn...

caption: China conducted missile defense tests in Northwest China’s Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region on January 27, possibly creating a light show of rings and halos that was captured and circulated online. This photo above was taken around 8pm, which netizens explain shone brightly in the center and looked like a cloud of moisture. The light then changed quickly and the green light had a laser-like intensity. Photos: Wengzailvtu/Qingjiaowoliuhetongxue

www.globaltimes.cn...

caption: Lights captured by Weibo users during missile tests Photos: Ruguohaiyoumingtian

27.1.2013 China test of the ground-based midcourse missile interception technology

www.youtube.com...

another angle on the intercept

www.youtube.com...

intercept graphic

www.youtube.com...

bizarre light show, possible CGI hoax?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

link   
reply to post by yeebsy

Here you go then
NBC space expert on North Korea satellite launch

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Very interesting links you posted, Vasa. I see Jim has posted links to videos and stories on the missile launch on that site, but not here yet. I do hope the vids and pics posted here, are different than those posted there.

Des

edit on 28-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The very legitimate 'UFO connection' has to do with previous missile tests of the same type which DID spark widespread UFO reports from northern China, as I described here:

Did missile test spark Chinese UFO reports?
www.msnbc.msn.com...
By James Oberg NBC News space analyst
Special to NBC News
updated 1/15/2010 9:06:54 PM ET

What was important was to get immediate raw eyewitness reports of what they throught they saw, how they interpreted it -- before later learning it was a Chinese missile test, which likely would lead them to edit their perceptions to get 'in line' with official proclamations.

The degree to which witnesses can misperceive and misremember striking sky apparitions is a fundamental issue in ufology, with no 'meeting of minds' over the decades. One side insists witnesses, especially special categories, cannot be so wildly off in their claims; the other side insists they always are so wildly off.

No resolution has been made, nothing beyond endless dialogues of the deaf, each proclaiming their own faith, or doubt, about the reliability of testimony.

MISSILE AND SPACE EVENTS OFFER US, FOR THE FIRST TIME, THE OPPORTUNITY TO CALIBRATE PERCEPTUAL PERFORMANCE AGAINST ACTUAL STIMULI. THEY ARE OPPORTUNISTIC 'CONTROL EXPERIMENTS' ON A GRAND SCALE.

I think there are profoundly important opportunities to establish the actual range of misperception, if ANY, in such events.

This was -- and still is -- one such opportunity.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Very interesting links you posted, Vasa. I see Jim has posted links to videos and stories on the missel launch on that site, but not here yet. I do hope the vids and pics posted here, are different than those posted there.

Des

He just regurgitated the news story here....a couple posts above. Not really anything to look at and definitely posted in the wrong forum. It was a missile launch that plenty of people saw and reported as a UFO because they did not know what they were looking at....but alas there are photos to prove the missile launch and none to prove a UFO....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I've reread this thread. At first, it led me to believe, inside info on new flurry of UFO sightings was going to be reported.

I waited patiently, even deleted a post I thought I had made in haste. Now, I see it's just the same info posted previously on another site. That this thread is now maybe morphing into a psychological study on how people perceive, and interpret an event.

I'm confused...someone set me straight, please.....

Des

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

That this thread is now maybe morphing into a psychological study on how people perceive, and interpret an event.

That seems to sum it up quite nicely , the "object" was not unidentified to the OP so not a UFO .

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Ha ha ha!!!! Jim OBerg strikes again.

Gotta love it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Tell me. Why do I feel like, I've been played....

Des

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I've gotten used to it , when I saw Jim was the OP my first thought was rocket ... we've done this before .
New Russian UFO Video -- Tolyatti, Nov 21

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I've gotten used to it , when I saw Jim was the OP my first thought was rocket ... we've done this before .
New Russian UFO Video -- Tolyatti, Nov 21

Thank you Gortex. Brings to mind, something my Granny told me as a child. Respect is earned,,,,

Des

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

reply to post by gortex

Tell me. Why do I feel like, I've been played....

Des

I apologize if you do, because my intentions were to collect raw data about the UFO phenomenon, a genuine cultural phenomenon at the very least [and quite possibly much much more -- I cannot deny that] along a research avenue that has never been tried before, to maybe get past the endless dialogues-of-the-deaf advocates proclaiming their faith [or anti-faith] to each other. I've seen no indication that such an approach is getting anywhere.

The 'UFO blitz' was based on real alerts I had received from real observations of these lights in the sky, that I had passed the word to be on the look-out for because the missile test was known to be imminent.

It took about 24 hours for those visual observations to percolate up to youtube and the news media. That was largely due to specific features of Chinese society, as well as the time-of-day involved.

But if you want to get genuine first-impressions, you do not pre-bias potential observers. We've seen too much of that polluting the UFO witness reportage pool for decades -- and the damage from that.

The collection of first impressions is continuing. You can help, or not, but please appreciate the sincerity of the research approach -- and it wasn't meant to con anybody [there's already too much of THAT around these threads, too].

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm confused...someone set me straight, please.....

Des

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join