It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Gun fire from Military Helicopters over Florida

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Houston link - fixed

abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8971311
edit on 1/28/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

People have been calling police, as well as our newsroom, saying they're hearing gunshots in the area of Scott and Airport. It turns out, the Army says, it's a multi-agency training drill. They're doing it at the old Carnegie High School.

Helicopters were also involved. The Army isn't giving any details of what the training is about.

So if you see the helicopters or hear gunfire, it's only a drill.

edit on 1/28/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmanflyairforce3q
Probably helps too to see how the public reacts.

I'm thinking that you hit the nail on the head.

As for the public, I find it amusing how the first thing they do is whip out their smart phones.

If it were a real deal, they would need to probably have to change their pants.

I'm also starting to think that they are putting in as much training in before the looming budget cuts.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gmanflyairforce3q

Training ok....explain the joint training with law enforcement....what mission could they ever have with law enforcement?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Sly1one

Wtf? There are only two reasons I can think they would do this over a populated area.

1. Practice

2. Conditioning

Either one is pretty scary to me.

Well, practice is not a scary thing - the new battlefield is MOUT, after all.

However, I'd like to toss in

3. They're lying to you and this is a direct action mission on domestic territory, not blanks

Now, in truth, the only reason I thought this was that I'm stuck with a college course I decided would be fun to do online just before I got saddled with a long out-of-town customer site job, which involves writing a movie script for the final.

Was watching the news coverage and thought - ok there's a scene I can abscond with. My protagonist is about to make a clean getaway so Dr Carter has SOAR fly a few choppers downtown and start shooting up the area to get him, then claim it's a training exercise no-one's been notified of prior to this, and everyone buys it.

Too bad they didn't drop one in town (kidding), it would make a better scene.

edit on 28-1-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by gmanflyairforce3q

Training ok....explain the joint training with law enforcement....what mission could they ever have with law enforcement?

They're allowed to train LEOs. Sometimes you can act as a consultant to them if they're using military equipment, you're barred from direct action though.

edit to add: some guys take the "consulting" part right into the field "Now, push this, and this, then tune the cursor here with the trackball..." but it's considered improper.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

So what mission would they be training leo's for that involved jets, and military helos in a combat situation?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by evc1shop
reply to post by Sly1one

I wonder what will happen when a licensed gun owner stops his/her truck and pulls out their rifle single shot or otherwise and starts shooting back.
My thoughts on this is that this is conditioning to get folks used to the sounds of live gunfire and seeing the military presence. Following this, there may be waves of "training missions" where the blank rounds were accidentally not changed over and they were spraying the cities or very select targets with live shots.

Very scary, it certainly isn't being done to recruit new soldiers......

edit on 28-1-2013 by evc1shop because: spelling

Yeah and everyone thinks it's ok to disarm the law abiding citizens, while the military shoots over your head. There is something seriously wrong with that picture.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
next hurricane will be gun confiscation time. With the change that allows the military to help with disasters it will be a good time to disarm people.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Well, you could have someone with a nuke. That would bring people out of the woodwork.

Or in my case, DOD's going to have McTaggart back or dead, or you know, the friggin' world will end politically. Nothing gets the attention of TPTB like someone that can just lay waste to them with impunity, if he were so inclined. So they overreact by sending in force when all they had to do was leave him puttering around Fayetteville re-integrating with civilian life, badly.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Thank you, roadgravel. I appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I was surprised to see Houston also.

Given the video reporting the sound of gun shots (blanks I suppose) it must be by design.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Back when I was active when I took leave and would see my folks I would always have a rucksack of grenade and artillery simulators with some smoke grenades my dad was ex SF so he always loved setting them off when I got back. There was one time a bunch of guys from my unit came with me and we had a mock war game with some old friends of mine along with a couple bags of goodies. It just makes me wonder had I tried something like that now with the way the internet is and everyone with a video phone just how much of a stir would it have caused on threads like this. It just makes me laugh reading most of this stuff on here. Some 19 year old thought it would be fun to fire off some blanks in training so now it kicked up a hornets nests of speculators. Logic has been thrown out but hey it’s fun to read some of the ideas you guys have.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Miami and Houston. You say it is some rogue action by a soldier in both places? After Miami, no one said don't keep doing it?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's Practice for the face eating zombies on bath salts.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
My finger would be on the purpose is conditioning. They are posturing, and blatantly so.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Like I have said repeatedly I believe this to be National Guard working with police in Miami which is lawful. The answer to the question of would a commander of one unit in one state be in contact with commanders in another state the answer is NO.

What makes you think Houston drills are even similar? Let me guess because you read gunfire army and helicopter all in the same article. Get a grip on yourselves. I think the Chicken Little’s are hilarious in this thread.

The one in Houston is completely normal we used to train at school grounds back in the 90s. I bet you can find articles dating back at least that far. Reserve and NG units do not have bases they are armory’s which can’t always go to training grounds every weekend drill. Try to understand that. In Florida the only NG or Reserve training grounds are at Camp Blanding that is for the entire state.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Filming a movie scene?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
My point is the simulated fire is purposeful.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You are welcome to your opinion but I will tell you this much if any of the people I had served with had gotten clearance to fire off rounds flying through a city I guarantee you it wouldn’t be a measly 5 shot burst followed by a 2 or 3 round burst. We would open it up and make people think WW3 was going on and would be laughing the whole time. I bet whoever did it was laughing up until he got chewed out and probably kept laughing after as long as he didn’t get an article 15.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My guess, there setting up drills for there next psychological operation on us enjoy the show .

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join