It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Gun fire from Military Helicopters over Florida

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

It may have already been mentioned but the same thing happened in Houston too.

link

We received a lot of phones calls, Tweets and Facebook posts from worried neighbors, wondering what was going on. SkyEye 13 HD was over the south side where at first look, it appeared there was a massive SWAT scene happening. With military helicopters flying above her southeast Houston neighborhood, Frances Jerrals didn't know what to think. "When you see this, you think the worst. When you hear this, you think the worst," Jerrals said. And so, she passed along her concern. "She told me 'don't come home it sounds like we're in a war zone. Guns, shooting, helicopters flying around the house,'" Isaac Robertson Jr. said. The U.S. Army along with other agencies took over the old Carnegie Vanguard High School near Scott and Airport. There were armed men in fatigues, plenty of weapons and what many thought were real live rounds "I felt like I was in a warzone." Jerrals said. "It was nonstop. I was terrified."

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I've compared the three videos. Remember the OH-58 has a "Eye" on top of it's mast. In the OP's video these are not visible and remember that they are also kind of large. Especially when you can see the refueling probe on the BlackHawk. If you can see that, then you should be able to see a laser designator.

Then there is also the Houston video's that were recently posted.

That said, if anyone thinks that the military is not practicing for taking down a terrorist attack on a soft target has got another think coming.

I've got three decades at the sharp end of the spear. I know what I am looking at when I see it.

From a knuckle draggers point of view, I think that something wicked is headed our way.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Well the only thing I disagree with is the designation of the helicopters. The unit I was in had OH-58O there was a sister unit that hat Deltas however that was back in the 90s so they may have changed the design. I am not sure about what you mean by eye though unless you are talking about what we called bells on top of rotors. OH- 58s with bells most were attached to attack units but not all OH-58s have them on top in fact they usually only put them on a select few in a unit.

It isn’t a reliable distinguishing feature. In fact Bells are sometimes attached to AH-64s but not always think of it as a add on that has its drawbacks. You wouldn’t put one on a helicopter that was purposed for transport which is what many OH-58s are tasked with.

With the bell they carry more imaging equipment and less room for personel or lift capacity.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Houston

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I just retired recently. Did some time with many avaition units. To the best of my knowledge only the NG has OH-58's (A thru C models). During my time in the Eighty-Duece, they had already replaced all their OH-58's with OH-58D's during Desert Storm. That's quite awhile ago. Since then, I've moved on to bigger and better things. Until retirement that is.

The 160th SOAR does have some OH-58D's, but not many. Hell, they don't even have that many AH-64's. and I believe that those they have are attached. Training is always a good thing.

I can't go into to many details as I am sure you are aware. But I've been there and done that. Now I'm just a old Dawg who just wants to relax on the porch. I'm to broke nowadys to play with the young pups. The mind is willing, but the body is not.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have noticed in my area that the number of military helicopter's have been flying the same flight pattern, which happen's to be almost directly above my house every day, into the night and early morning's. My wife thinks im crazy when i mention it "martial law" to her and plus the frequent get up and run outside to see what kind it is, dosn't help much either! I beleive they are coming from whiteman AFB or in that direction and flying toward's the airport. Every now and then i will see them doing what it looks like grid searches, they fly in a circle muliple time's increasing their diameter each path! Mabye im not crazy, yea dought that one lol....

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Houston

THAT looks like a MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird
en.wikipedia.org...

thought those were reserved for spec-ops?

The MH-6 helicopter is most often deployed with the U.S. Special Forces.

usmilitary.about.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The "Bells" as you call them on AH-64's are actually radar designators, not visual like on the Kiowas.

There is a difference.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by roadgravel
Houston

THAT looks like a MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird
en.wikipedia.org...

thought those were reserved for spec-ops?

The MH-6 helicopter is most often deployed with the U.S. Special Forces.

usmilitary.about.com...

BAM! Dead Nuts on!

Give yourself a three day pass.

Or a qewpy doll...whichever you prefer.

I've been saying that throughout this thread.

I'll take the qewpy doll since I don't have a girlfriend....Oops! TMI!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Thanks, however in regards to this threads OP and the florida exercise its very hard to tell honestly as the only defining feature I see is the pointed nose and the AH/MH can sometimes have a sharper nose than the traditional appearance.

The Houston exercise for SURE is AH/MH tho...and those bad-asses riding on the sides are most likely NOT national guard...

edit on 29-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Reading this thread only strengthens my belief...

That the American people are SCREWED!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

The Cats riding that bird are either Rangers (more than likely), SF, SEALS, Delta...or Rainbow Six.
Who knows?

But the birds are SOAR. Ain't no doubt in my mind. And until the Gov't tells me to shut up....well.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Believe me I understand and like I said I served in the Apache unit back in the 90s it was unusual for my MOS but because they were a special task unit they required my specialty for deep strike maneuvers which would land me on details and I wound up cross trained in many fields of the unit because otherwise I wouldn’t have much to do when back at base.

For what is going on in Miami I believe it to be NG because of the location. There are no Army bases here only NG and Reserve Armory’s we have Navy and Air force bases but no Army which you can imagine the task logistics just to get an Active Unit from the Army down to Miami.

They are definitely training for something that is high intensity but it has been an ongoing thing since 2011 according to the news reports. I don’t think it has anything to do with Gun legislation based off past exercises of the same caliber in that area. The video I posted from 2012 had something I was more concerned about because of the Tracer trail.

I just can’t imagine an active unit training in this area unless Miami has some significance that was mission critical.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Tampastan ain't that far off as the Little Bird flies.

That is SOCOM HQ after all and there are plenty of assets there. The type that you and me ain't cleared for any more anyways.

The tracer trail was nothing more than a training device. Played with them many a time. At this point I will agree with you...it was fun. I do loves me some fireworks.

edit on 29-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: Friggin' fingers

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
They are preparing for something big, that's for sure.

If it's war they want with the American civilian population, then no amount of training will prepare them for the sleeping giant they will awaken.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

If it's war they want with the American civilian population, then no amount of training will prepare them for the sleeping giant they will awaken.

Um...the US Military is well aware of the populace of the US and their being armed. Make no mistake about that. On a limited scale that is.

However, I don't think that the US Military is prepared for mass defections either on a National scale.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Reading this thread only strengthens my belief...

That the American people are SCREWED!

Why are you replying if you are ready to give up?

Just wondering.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

Um...the US Military is well aware of the populace of the US and their being armed. Make no mistake about that. On a limited scale that is.

However, I don't think that the US Military is prepared for mass defections either on a National scale.

That is the number 1 flaw in the idea of using US troops against its own populace.

BTW everyone loves fireworks when you’re the one setting them off

What is the purpose of the tracer? Is it a signal because I never issued or worked with them?

When I was stationed at FT Hood we set off two nuclear simulators that was the coolest thing but it wasn’t for training they were outdated ordinance we were tasked to dispose of.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Sorry for speaking so harshly to you. But I hope my message was clear. Not many of us have the same military experience as you do and we don't see the world through your eyes. So yes you do come off a bit scary for most folks given that there are active duty soldiers who wouldnt bat an eyelash if given such orders. That is what scares people.

I do realize you are no longer active duty however. Just trying to get my point across here.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

I know there are those that are scared but I can say with certainty that I have never met a US soldier that would turn on the citizens. There are some that if ordered into a city would go and they would defend themselves if fired upon like anyone else would but if given the order to round up or attack the people they would have those superiors locked up right away. They are not suicidal either the hardest war to fight is a guerrilla war where the enemy looks the same as noncombatants. If the Talban wore uniforms the war would have been over in the first year.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join