It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Gun fire from Military Helicopters over Florida

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

What is scary to me is that they didn't have a problem participating in it. I see soldiers here constantly posting that they would never fire on their own people. Then why in the hell would they even practice it with blanks?

These exercises are war gamed from monday to sunday. They try (read that as,Try) to anticipate all possible scenarios.

But truth be told, if some one were to fire upon them, they will fire back. That's the cold hard truth. Once that happens, all bets are off.

But...if they have nothing but blamks, they will bug out and think to themselves, "Why are they firing at us? It's training".

At that point however, you can bet it will ramp up.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
whats wrong with you guys this stuff is cool as heck!! It reminds me of the ISOF excercises they did in downtown tampa here last year, had ten countries involved. Had ospereys and black hawks flying over the river and half a dozen humvees with armed soldiers running through the streets. In fact one of the missions was the save our mayor who had been held hostage on a boat in the river. it was cool everyone who was watching from the viewing areas really enjoyed it. You guys are starting to take things to seriously.

I'll grant you that the ISOF is cool. But these recent events are not similarly publicized. These exercises caught many unaware, even the local MSM. (If that is to be believed)

There is a difference between a CAPEX exercise and a no notice drill. (We used to call them EDRE’s).

When you don't let the locals know what's going on...they have a tendancy to freak.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by txinfidel

I know there are those that are scared but I can say with certainty that I have never met a US soldier that would turn on the citizens

History tells me that it is very possible.

Wounded Knee
Sand Creek
Trail of Tears
Little Big Horn
Wounded Knee II
Japanese interment camps

Shall I go on?

Way more to the point - Coxey's Army, and the Bonus Rebellion.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by roadgravel
Houston

THAT looks like a MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird
en.wikipedia.org...

thought those were reserved for spec-ops?

The MH-6 helicopter is most often deployed with the U.S. Special Forces.

usmilitary.about.com...

Ah. Well. I did some poking around, and not many people are talking about this one in great detail yet.

However, yes, that is SOAR running some SF guys rapidly around the area at a low altitude.

Part of this ex-ker-cise as Popeye would say, is to practice with NORTHCOM's new toy - an organic special ops command structure that was activated 29 days ago. SOCNORTH is being run through their warmup paces with USSOC hosting the soiree, Tampa is all warm and fuzzy. Some of the guys are out of Ft Carson.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by TDawgRex

Oh you can bet it was surreal to those soldiers flying through the city and between American buildings and firing down (even blanks). What's scary is if they like it and it was exciting. I bet there were many conversations about how strange it felt.

What is scary to me is that they didn't have a problem participating in it. I see soldiers here constantly posting that they would never fire on their own people. Then why in the hell would they even practice it with blanks?

Um, seriously, if we were doing a blank-fire exercise swooping between buildings and 'strafing' target vehicles or hoofing down simulated terrorists in a big team-vs-team scrum with blanks and rubber knives, oh yeeah baby I would be excited. How could that NOT be fun? It would be a gas to do from either side, either as the terrorists or the defenders. You could add in a bit of SOC-vs-SOC rivalry, say put MSOBs vs SEALs or 10th vs 5th, you'd get some realistic if not maybe a bit overly aggressive simulation.

However, not notifying the locals seems a bit like you're asking for trouble, we always called that the "Southern Comfort" scenario. Hell, guys get killed at Bragg by local LEOs during the Sage once in a while, and those cops understand what's going on.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Check this out from my local news....

Helicopter Excercise

Pretty interesting considering there is a pro-gun rally planned for the 8th....

Houston yesterday.......

Houston

edit on 29-1-2013 by PAranormal because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2013 by PAranormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It's been going on in Australia for years. I'm sure if I google some more I'd find other countries doing the same. It's the age we live in now. The worlds become very small and believe it or not, the neighborhood planet isn't very friendly.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I didn't read all of the replies, but here is some relative RECENT information.
See last link for a video explaining the links listed below.

The man reporting is a bit of a sensationalist. As are nearly ALL of these reports. Fear stirred in by the media outlets to up ratings. It has a negative effect on the military outlook already suffering here in the nation.

Classified Military Drills Conducted In Miami

Twice in the past week, Miami residents have been treated to the nighttime sound of Blackhawk helicopters thundering between downtown Miami skyscrapers.

Federal authorities say that Special Operations military units in cooperation with the Department of Homeland Security and Miami-Dade County law enforcement officers conducted two ‘military’ drills special operations drills this week. The statement said that, ‘the drills were a part of a joint emergency preparedness exercise.’

The statement added that the remaining purposes of the drills are ‘classified’.

More

www.powerlinenewsnetwork.com...

Classified Military Drills In Miami (Video Report)
youtu.be... (Skip To 1Min 30Sec)

Military Drill Scares Residents In Houston
abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8971311

Military Drill Scares Residents In Houston (Video Report)
youtu.be...

DHS To Purchase 7000 Assault Weapons
www.theblaze.com...

DHS To Purchase 7000 Assault Weapons (Backup Link 1)
www.washingtontimes.com...

DHS To Purchase 7000 Assault Weapons (Backup Link 2)
www.zerohedge.com...

Emanuel Pressures Banks Over Gun Manufacturers
www.inquisitr.com...

Emanuel Pressures Banks Over Gun Manufacturers (Video Report)
youtu.be...

Emanuel Says "You Have No Rights If You're On Our List"
youtu.be...

Nebraska Lawmakers To Limit Drone Use
www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com...

Milwaukee Sheriff Tells Residents To Arm Up
www.jsonline.com...

United States Sheriffs Against Tyranny
youtu.be...

The End Of America By Naomi Wolf (Lecture)
youtu.be...

Wake Up Call (Full Movie)
youtu.be...

www.liveleak.com...

I would just like to say that the drones being manufactured will not all be up in the air at the same time. They will be part of a force to maintain law and security where it is needed. Times like when a helicopter is needed for search and rescue, illegal border crossing needs an overhead camera, war-time defense network, and not to mention anti-terrorist efforts.

Please support the military in this endeavor. It is for your safety, and that of your families. It allows for quicker response times, a deterrent to other nations in the future, and will not cause any interference to your day-to-day activities.

If you are interested in joining with the safety of men and women in your nation close to your heart, please visit:
www.ang.af.mil/ - The Air National Guard

Our latest efforts have been unfortunately been called "ufo sightings" in the media. Especially with the 174th Attack Wing test launches this past month in the Northern New York area. (there are many threads here on ATS that claim they are "aliens" despite efforts to discourage the belief) Even newer tech is being tested over at the Hancock Air Base, with drones straight from White Sands at times.

Again, support the effort. Ignore the sensationalism of the news networks.
edit on 30-1-2013 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I have noticed a lot more helicopter activity over my house. I live in southeast Ohio, my town borders Wv. Every once in a great while we see military craft. I sure hope they don' t start "training" like that here. I am glad you shared this because this is the first I have e heard of it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Fighter jets have been flying over Fort Worth, Texas at a constant rate these past couple days. I am near Lockheed,but the amount of fighter jets flying over these days is ridiculous. 24/7 flyovers for the most part

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

don't forget the military drills at a highschool in houston, tx.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I would just like to say that the drones being manufactured will not all be up in the air at the same time. They will be part of a force to maintain law and security where it is needed. Times like when a helicopter is needed for search and rescue, illegal border crossing needs an overhead camera, war-time defense network, and not to mention anti-terrorist efforts.

Ah. They won't all be up in the air at the same time. Well nothing to worry about then. /sarcasm/

Please support the military in this endeavor. It is for your safety, and that of your families. It allows for quicker response times, a deterrent to other nations in the future, and will not cause any interference to your day-to-day activities..

Nothing to see here. Go back to your homes. Big Brother loves you.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I live in a small Central Texas town. The past 2 nights military style helicopters have been circling the town very low with spotlights the 1st night. When I 1st heard it, I just thought it was star flight at the hospital, then someone on Facebook mentioned something about them circling with the spotlights, and I ran outside to see this. They circled the town 3 times. There was at least 2 helicopters. It happened again last night, although they were a few miles off from the previous night. I just thought it was very strange given these other incidents in Miami and Houston.
If a helicopter is firing on you, How can they except someone not to fire back?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There practicing for when SHTF

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by Sly1one

its called highly realistic training...

do you really expect them to build an entire city full of sky scrapers just for practice? That seems like it would be a giant waste of tax payer money.

I used to live near a giant army base. We saw and heard them practicing all the time. I cant tell you how many simulated dog fights ive seen with A10's.

Point is, I wouldnt get to worried about it.

Then they should have practiced over downtown Baghdad while they had the chance, the US was once protected from military aiming weapons at them, what happened?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You guys are to paranoid and your speculation of my honor or rank is unfounded. I agree about blanks in the weapons being a pain to clean but with the M2 which I was talking about is a crew serve weapon that should be cleaned regardless. If you never had fun firing it then there is something wrong with you. I lost rank once from corporal back to spec because of a prank and because I wouldn’t rat out my platoon which would have caused my staff Sgt to lose rank but it was company grade so I made it back fast and went on to PLDC this was all in peace time. I have served in three combat theaters and I am only speaking the truth of young soldier’s mentalities. I have been out for 7 years now because I lost most sight in my right eye in combat so try to keep your speculation to a minimum or you can keep speaking ill of those who served their country which will show something of your honor.

Someone popped off 7 rounds of blanks and some of you are acting like they killed someone. So yeah I find it funny how some of the paranoid delusional and those who have 0 military experience on here are over reacting. You guys are making a big deal out of this like you were there. Some of you are acting like you have PTSD from watching a video and listening to other people talk about it. Get a grip and grow some balls you guys make me wonder if you have nightmares from watching movies. What I read from some is wha, wha, wha. That is funny.

Yes all you little preschoolers down there with your Mom's "grow some balls" have fun with the chopper firing over your car.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Grimpachi

The danger isn't from people reacting with weapons, it's from people reacting with a flight response and wrecking vehicles, running each other over, and flooding 911 with emergency calls that keep others from receiving help.

It is flat out stupid and someone should lose their job. It is naive to think there isn't a reason, alternative to the official line, as to why they are doing this.

Yes but a few brave civilians who think we are under terrorist attack may take it upon themselves to shoot. Since people were not well informed and most people would not think our own were firing on us, that could well happen.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Yes please list the last 100 years of US military invading its own country. I still can say with certainty I have NEVER met a US soldier that would turn on its citizens.

I would bet people felt that way at first under Hitler. Then at some point in their conditioning they started to see "terrorists" everywhere not citizens.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
just a note..

was in SE portland, Ore Thurs-Sat, and I think it was the 25th & daylight, around 10am when I heard ALOT of jet after burners kicking in what seemed to be a short CAP (Continus Air Patrol); and yes..PDX is fairly close, 5-7 miles down the highway,but sounded like was right over his apt; so much so I raced to his sliding glass door to get a better idea but couldn't get an exact location/ jet discrip due to heavy overcast. I'm assuming they were F18s since there are some based out of PDX, if my memory serves me correctly.

Not sure if this ties in with what was going on in FL or not.

Hey joined the forum just to say I saw three black helicopters obviously military because the police fly above every night. these were flying extra low very loud. in a V form or triangle whatever you wanna call it. They flew over the east portland area on 122nd quite fast. Also a month or two ago above convention center in the lloyd area i saw two fighter jets flying and they went into the cloud still blasting the jet engines. sorry for informal typing i am not in a proper or educated mood right now these #ing helicopters are pissing me off

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join