It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Gun fire from Military Helicopters over Florida

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I've help build and set off a couple of Nuke simulators back in the 80's and 90's. We weren't setting off old explosives, these were purpose built and I must say. THEY WERE AWESOME!
Much better than a grenade sim. (But they're still fun too)

It takes a day or two to build them wthout engineer support.

That said, they also generated a crap load of 911 calls and the usual range control shutdowns because those idiots didn't talk much to one another.

The plans of mice and men, uh?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It doesn't strike you as odd, that our president makes 23 executive orders about gun control, Feinstein introduces a strict bill and then days later the military is openly practicing in urban warfare over us cities?

I doubt that you are suicidal, but Im starting to think that most politicians are.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

There are some that if ordered into a city would go and they would defend themselves if fired upon

But that might be part of the problem. What would give then the right to go onto private property and/or seize property (in New Orleans they went into houses to take firearms) and why expect people would not want to defend their property.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

You probably do not realize the coordination involved pulling off joint exercises and like I showed everyone the exercises in Miami have been routine since at least 2011 so I am not going to jump on the bandwagon of fear. There are so many things wrong with the idea that it should be fairly obvious that this is routine training.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

There are some that if ordered into a city would go and they would defend themselves if fired upon

But that might be part of the problem. What would give then the right to go onto private property and/or seize property (in New Orleans they went into houses to take firearms) and why expect people would not want to defend their property.

You mean the unlawful seizures by police in Katrina. Let’s not confuse what the police did and what soldiers did.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Maybe the exercises are routine, maybe they are not, but I highly doubt practicing with a machine gun over large American cities and shooting blanks is routine. It has an intentional effect on the American people.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Fair enough.

Respectably I am going to stay on the bandwagon of fear. Because I do fear where this is heading. We trained with russian spetznas on US soil in 2011, that wasnt normal either. First time in history that has ever happened.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Actually the national guard helped in those operations, they were a very big part of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by butcherguy
Reading this thread only strengthens my belief...

That the American people are SCREWED!

Why are you replying if you are ready to give up?

Just wondering.

I thought maybe you knew me better.

I have no intentions of giving up or giving in to a corrupt and unconstitutional government.

But when they start conditioning us to accept machine-gun fire from helicopters, we are screwed. Such a thing shouldn't even be contemplated by the US Govt. The fact that they are doing it means that they are preparing us for something that is very bad. I have no doubt that many would fight, and not lie down like sheep to have their throats cut.
If you think that all of these things happening would be a 'happy time had by all', then maybe we aren't screwed in your eyes.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by roadgravel

You mean the unlawful seizures by police in Katrina. Let’s not confuse what the police did and what soldiers did.

There were soldiers and Blackwater mercs doing it as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Just wondering.

I have no intentions of giving up or giving in to a corrupt and unconstitutional government.

But when they start conditioning us to accept machine-gun fire from helicopters, we are screwed. Such a thing shouldn't even be contemplated by the US Govt. The fact that they are doing it means that they are preparing us for something that is very bad. I have no doubt that many would fight, and not lie down like sheep to have their throats cut.
If you think that all of these things happening would be a 'happy time had by all', then maybe we aren't screwed in your eyes.

I just wasn't comfortable with that reply.

I'm more of the type that says...

"We have yet begun to fight!"

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Just wondering.

I just wasn't comfortable with that reply.

I'm more of the type that says...

"We have yet begun to fight!"

I understand.
I just hate to think of our beautiful country and the people being damaged/destroyed to any degree because of a bunch of evil, power-hungry bungholes that could give two craps about us.
We will do what is required to keep our freedom, but the cost, even though worth it, will be saddening and extreme.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sounds like some minds are made up regardless of the information provided and now we are trespassing into the fallacy of circular logic. Stay with fear if you want to it will only make you grey. Just try not to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts or at least learning what is actually normal.

It took me 10 seconds to find out Miami has been doing this for years but not a single person tried to find out before. That isn’t being informed. You have my opinion as someone who has actually stood where those guys are standing and have my assessment ignore it at your own peril it’s your hair color not mine.

I am not going to research the history of maneuvers in Houston but I already told you we would train at schools for logistical reasons and that was between the first gulf war and 911 so it’s nothing new. The sky is still there it hasn’t started falling yet.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ok guys... I don't wanna be a fear-monger, but this smells really bad..
Many here have already stated that this sort of "excercises" can be used for both for "psicological warfare" and to prepare the military for a represive campaing.

And, coming from a country where the Military actually murdered tens of thousands, DON'T TRUST THE MILITARY, they are not your heroes, they don't have YOUR best interest in mind.
I know that many soldiers are convinced that they do what they do to protect their country, and I respect that.
But they are mistaken.

Take care of your country.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
whats wrong with you guys this stuff is cool as heck!! It reminds me of the ISOF excercises they did in downtown tampa here last year, had ten countries involved. Had ospereys and black hawks flying over the river and half a dozen humvees with armed soldiers running through the streets. In fact one of the missions was the save our mayor who had been held hostage on a boat in the river. it was cool everyone who was watching from the viewing areas really enjoyed it. You guys are starting to take things to seriously.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
this sounds like someone was huffing glue at this time. because this is rediculous... whats next?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by txinfidel

I know there are those that are scared but I can say with certainty that I have never met a US soldier that would turn on the citizens

History tells me that it is very possible.

Wounded Knee
Sand Creek
Trail of Tears
Little Big Horn
Wounded Knee II
Japanese interment camps

Shall I go on?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by TDawgRex

Oh you can bet it was surreal to those soldiers flying through the city and between American buildings and firing down (even blanks). What's scary is if they like it and it was exciting. I bet there were many conversations about how strange it felt.

What is scary to me is that they didn't have a problem participating in it. I see soldiers here constantly posting that they would never fire on their own people. Then why in the hell would they even practice it with blanks?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Yes please list the last 100 years of US military invading its own country. I still can say with certainty I have NEVER met a US soldier that would turn on its citizens.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Very cool thanks for the videos. If the US was looking to desensitize the public we would be hearing gunfire like that and more often. What is even more impressive is them putting that together in such a short time.

I wonder how many people cried over that.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join