It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Gun fire from Military Helicopters over Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Found this pretty interesting honestly...the fact they were apparently using "blanks" in machine gun fire from these helicopters over this city is pretty interesting...

There have been other military/helicopter over Florida threads in the past but I don't remember seeing this video. Not even sure if these are the same events as the previous thread or new ones.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com... (also notice in this thread the article in the OP has been 404'd) Miami Herald

a different vid

if this has been posted for feel free to delete. The threads I found on the subject I think were of difference instances and this is a new one involving gunfire.

edit on 27-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I believe it's well PAST time that some state Senators and Reps call for hearings on this garbage. It's hard to explain to the younger folks now but it wasn't that long ago where military training outside of MILITARY BASES was relegated to ranges distant from any people. They were neither seen nor heard and simply heard ABOUT from time to time in reminding us our military was still there and up to anything asked of it.

It's not only unnecessary but NEEDLESSLY provocative and almost mentally conditioning to have the non-stop training and now...actually firing as a part of it...over POPULATED areas or close enough for those populations to be fully aware of it.

Aunt Janet and the minions on down the chain LIVE this stuff, day in and day out. It's their life. We all get that. We PAY them to make it THEIR life so it doesn't have to be anything in OUR life. They need to start respecting the fact this unsettles a good % of normal citizens ..and downright scares a smaller % EVERY TIME they do it.

Firing her and the command structure beneath her down to state level if necessary is FINE with me if it means an end to these live demonstrations and reminders of what 'could be' and how close the raw power and force of the state is and can be if they want it used on us. This is B.S.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Wtf? There are only two reasons I can think they would do this over a populated area.

1. Practice

2. Conditioning

Either one is pretty scary to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't know if they are trying to desensitize people to this or what...and if so why? Its a BIG step to start conducting these exercises over major cities...it takes some brass ones to make that decision and accept all the potential liability behind it...

won't be long before some kind of mishap or accident turns everyone's eye to the "necessity" of this...accidentally loading live rounds instead of blanks...or just a black hawk crash into one of those large buildings. People will start asking how necessary it is to do these training exercises over a mass population...

and since when was the military in need of training for metropolis areas? They plan on invading/defending/patrolling a major city anytime soon?

It looks odd, sounds odd, and feels....odd to me...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Little boys in big boy machines practicing murder. I still don't understand why American drone operators and helicopter crews aren't among their list of top mass murderers.

Many Americans are now very well conditioned to this type of action and sound through their war video games, which are getting better and better at depicting carnage and bloodshed as just an us-versus-them game. Someday the U.S. should start pulling back on their attitudes in these matters, and grow out of the childhood cowboy-versus-Indian phase.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
As I posted in the other thread, What the hell is wrong with these people? Why the need for this? I am speechless to say the least.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

This action serves 2 purposes: It gets people desensitized to the site of military personnel and hardware being used on city streets and it desensitizes young-military-minds-full-of-mush to conducting military operations on US soil and against US citizens.

With all of the money we pour into the US military I KNOW they have the means to conduct real MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain) training on bases and out of sight of civilians.

Is it just me or are these “training” exercises in our cities happening more these days?

edit on 27-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'll re post my comment from the other thread.

Yep. This has been on the news for the past few days.
At first they were warning people.
That if they saw helicopters flying about not to get scared because it was a drill.

Then on Friday I got a call from a buddy telling me that he was freaked out. He just saw 30 swat team guys run out from the police station and get in their cars.
I was like. Don't worry it's just a drill.

I'm waiting for the false flag to happen. But I think they did the drills here in Miami for an excuse to go out to the clubs and hit the beach.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Listening to the rate of fire from one of the helicopters I would say that it was a .50 cal. I have to wonder where those links and brass are falling.

I know I would be suing if one of those pieces of metal injured me or even damaged my car. (for repairs at least)

It looks as if they were firing over a busy highway at that as well. WTF were these guys thinking?

ETA: I know that they're blanks, but they still eject casings and links.
edit on 27-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: Need more coffee

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I believe it's well PAST time that some state Senators and Reps call for hearings on this garbage. It's hard to explain to the younger folks now but it wasn't that long ago where military training outside of MILITARY BASES was relegated to ranges distant from any people. They were neither seen nor heard and simply heard ABOUT from time to time in reminding us our military was still there and up to anything asked of it.

It's not only unnecessary but NEEDLESSLY provocative and almost mentally conditioning to have the non-stop training and now...actually firing as a part of it...over POPULATED areas or close enough for those populations to be fully aware of it.

editby]
i agree with you but this practicing over population isnt a new thing look at all the stories of bombs being dropped by mistake & just missing populated areas & other mid air mishaps

en.wikipedia.org...(1960%E2%80%931974)
edit on 27-1-2013 by blackz28 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

There's always a drill first.

Interesting times we live in. How much longer will we put up with this?

Murder, death, destruction, it's all over MSM.

SUBMIT....OBEY!

Think I'll go
now.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

all the stories of bombs being dropped by mistake

Mistake being the operative word in those incidents. This was done on purpose.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: To add quote.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Sly1one

This action serves 2 purposes: It gets people desensitized to the site of military personnel and hardware being used on city streets and it desensitizes young-military-minds-full-of-mush to conducting military operations on US soil and against US citizens.

I hadn't fully thought that one through until you just said it but you're 100% right!

After reading your message there I imagined for a moment...how would I feel if somehow drafted or whatever and finding myself on a loaded and armed helicopter, heading into an American city like the opening scenes of "Running Man"? Well..I'd be apt to do what the character in the movie did to STOP it. I'd probably get thrown right OUT the door though...that's just how life for me seems to go.

Kids who grew up seeing blackhawks in low altitude operations over U.S. cities for training, for years, wouldn't have that qualm though, would they? The line of even feeling odd about it would be SO MUCH further than it would be for any of us older folks. Maybe that really IS the whole point.

We all note how the CURRENT U.S. Military would probably frag some Officers and turn their guns inward before firing on unarmed U.S civilians, but perhaps that is the point of this. To solve what they see as a "problem" with that. The incremental approach to everything and this is how it starts?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

The Posse Comitatus Act is the United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) that was passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1981. Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) was to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce the State laws. Contrary to popular belief, the Act does not prohibit members of the United States Armed Forces from exercising Law enforcement agency powers within a State, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order"; it requires that any authority to do so must exist within the United States Constitution or Act of Congress (which it currently does not except under the Insurrection Act).[Federalist 29 (Hamilton, 1788)] Any use of the Armed Forces under either Title 10/Active Duty or Title 10/Reserves at the direction of the President will offend the Constitutional Law also known as Public Law prohibiting such action unless declared by the President of the United States and approved by Congress. Any infringement will be problematic for political and legal reasons.

What happen to this act it was repealed.Did anyone hear about it?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
welcome to 'Desensitizing and Conditioning 101'

i understand the need for training but what are they actually training for? what would the circumstance have to be for a police or military helo to fire in an american city? do other countries ie france , england, germany ect have these type of training exerciese going on in thier cities ? i dont know

this is just one more training in a long line of 'urban training exercises'...all to get the u.s. population use to seeing troops on the street or helos in the air.

maybe the govt feels sorry for all those countries they have bombed and invaded and are trying to show the rest of the world that 'see, it dangerous here too' (sarcasism..in case one didnt get it)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

the amount of police involved in the footage in this clip makes me wonder if the crime rate went up that day .
because there can't have been many police officers left to carry out any patrols or respond to any cry for help from the public

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

The crime rate in Miami is high as it is.
There's always a shooting or something else going on.
If anything the bad guys probably stayed home cuz all the cops were out.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is martial law training, let's call it what it is. A little over a year ago a fleet of Blackhawk choppers flew over my house in a suburban neighborhood, they were probably only 100-200 ft. from the ground. They flew so low everything in the house was shaking, the windows, floors, and I mean loudly. They are preparing for something big, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We all note how the CURRENT U.S. Military would probably frag some Officers and turn their guns inward before firing on unarmed U.S civilians, but perhaps that is the point of this. To solve what they see as a "problem" with that. The incremental approach to everything and this is how it starts?

I remember conducting some training in S. Carolina where we landed at The Citadel (a military college) which I thought was a bit strange. It was a mock hostage rescue. But this was just prior to our deployment and we certainly weren’t parading around the streets scaring civilians.

This type of thing is now occurring all over the country and I can’t help but think this is training for a possible martial law scenario that they expect to happen at some point.

The military has nice facilities used to conduct this type of training. This is completely unnecessary and I can only conclude it’s designed to desensitize people for what’s coming.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

ETA: I know that they're blanks, but they still eject casings and links.
edit on 27-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: Need more coffee

Not condoning their actions but most heli-mounted guns have "catchers" mounted off the casing ejecta-ports. This serves several purposes but none the less I don't think casing would be free-falling from those helis.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join