It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars III : Revenge of the Sith

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Anakin has the eye's of darth maul Ii finally got to see the trailer on tv on film 2004. Man did he look scary and also some good fight scences aswell. looks like this is going to be a good film.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
It is supposedly a type of Force Power, but I read that will be revealed.

There are some rumors that the movie could get slapped with a PG-13.

that would be great. this is the last film and all the stops should be pulled out

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ravenna
Weren't the Sith some kind of demons that posessed some of the Jedi thousands of years before the Clone Wars ? I seem to remember reading a graphic novel about something like that.

Last I remember the Sith was a cult of dark jedi. I heard that theres an entire office dedicated to making sure that these disagreements don't happen by standardizing all the Star Wars products.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I ran into some interesting stuff while looking into these questions.

***WARNING SPOILERS***
Plot Summary Script Synopsis Story for Episode 3

History of the Jedi and Sith

Coolest thing I read in there was that at one time someone created a yellow light sabre that would go right through any other saber. They destroyed it out of fear.....

[Edited on 24-11-2004 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The Sith at frist was a group of people living on Korriban, they were a race and used the Dark Side. The Sith we know, are a followers of an ideal or religion if you will. They lived on Korriban, and practiced the Dark Side. There is a differance between Sith and Dark Jedi. Dark Jedi usaulyl do not follow the teachings of the Sith, and are just evil.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So this is what 'Darth' means

Darth Seer further insisted the title "Darth" which merely meant "shadow warrior" be made equivalent with the title "Lord" in honor of Darth Bane. This was to remind all future Sith that being a Sith Lord meant always being a warrior...

... Darth Vader (meaning "The Dreaded Tormentor" in the ancient Sith language)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Supposedly Anakin has some kind of fight scene in a volcano or something.

Yep, this goes along with some very old rumors and hints that this movie will have a climactic duel between Anakin and Obi Wan in or around a volcano, and that the wounds that happen to Anakin are the result of lava burns.

The last movie was probably the biggest foreshadowing of him going to the dark side relatively early in the final film... Between the slaying of the Sand People, and the mechanical arm, we're already almost there....

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
no the sith where on an uncharted planet and the outcast jedi settled on that planet and over a centurie the two people bacame one and the sith in the movies arnt realy sith just followers of an idea or something like that.

poopie alot of people cut me off.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by outrider]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78

Weren't the Sith some kind of demons that posessed some of the Jedi thousands of years before the Clone Wars ? I seem to remember reading a graphic novel about something like that.

Last I remember the Sith was a cult of dark jedi. I heard that theres an entire office dedicated to making sure that these disagreements don't happen by standardizing all the Star Wars products.

the sith were a seperate species untill jedi landed on their planet and eventually interbred the sith b4 hand had a huge grip on another power that was'nt to do with the force they could talk and do things with nature around them then when the jedi landed they became more powerful

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The fledgling Old Republic had established the new order of Jedi Knights as a police force to protect and nourish its growth. The Jedi were the guardians of peace, a beacon of pure flame to the galaxy.

But somehow, things turned. A band of Jedi, discovering the power of the dark side of the Force, forsook the Jedi Code and sought to destroy all the Jedi had worked so hard to build. Seeing its strength crumbling under the teachings of these rogue Jedi, the Republic took action. With the help of the light-side Jedi, it rounded up these renegades and exiled them, giving them a spacecraft and sending them into the unknown. The idea was that out in the vast undiscovered galaxy, with no place to call home, the dark Jedi would die but the Republic would not be held responsible for their deaths.

Except that it didn't happen quite like the Republic wanted it to. The exiled Jedi emerged on the other side of the galaxy to a system previously unknown to the Republic. This system was inhabited by a race called the Sith, aliens with red skin, cranial horns, bony chins, and insectile features. The Sith were black magicians, practicing magic arts but without the aid of the dark side of the Force. Their society was divided into three classes or castes: slaves, warriors, and nobles, and the different nobles of Sith clans often engaged in feuds and wars to show their power. It was a violent society, ripe for conquest.

Here the dark Jedi saw their chance. As they landed in their spacecraft, the Sith saw them as having fallen from the sky and worshipped them as gods. The dark Jedi then proceeded to enslave all the Sith, from nobles on down to slaves. Seeing that the Sith were so powerful in the black arts, the Jedi then interbred with the most powerful of them, forming a new breed of magicians both strong in the Sith arts and in the dark side of the Force.

Out of this new breed of Sith came the Dark Lords of the Sith, men who claimed the right to rule over all of the Sith and dark Jedi. Only one could rule at a time, and this led to more feuds and wars as the Sith lords struggled to gain the high position.

The world of the Sith lords was Korriban. Here, on this barren world, the Sith built temples carved out of the stone of the cliffs and entombed their dead. Vermin and other unnatural beasts populated the crevices and crannies and the essence of the dark side filled the tombs. Thousands of generations of Sith lords were buried here, and, later, the Dark Lords of the Sith were also entombed.

The Sith built a far-flung empire on their side of the galaxy and the Republic became memory, story, and then legend. And, strange as it was, the Republic never knew that the Sith existed.

Force Academy

Hope that clears it up.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
StarWars.com has but loads of info.
I really want to see Revenge of the Sith. It's too bad all my friends stopped liking Star Wars after Episode I came out.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO

The fledgling Old Republic had established the new order of Jedi Knights as a police force to protect and nourish its growth. The Jedi were the guardians of peace, a beacon of pure flame to the galaxy.

But somehow, things turned. A band of Jedi, discovering the power of the dark side of the Force, forsook the Jedi Code and sought to destroy all the Jedi had worked so hard to build. Seeing its strength crumbling under the teachings of these rogue Jedi, the Republic took action. With the help of the light-side Jedi, it rounded up these renegades and exiled them, giving them a spacecraft and sending them into the unknown. The idea was that out in the vast undiscovered galaxy, with no place to call home, the dark Jedi would die but the Republic would not be held responsible for their deaths.

Except that it didn't happen quite like the Republic wanted it to. The exiled Jedi emerged on the other side of the galaxy to a system previously unknown to the Republic. This system was inhabited by a race called the Sith, aliens with red skin, cranial horns, bony chins, and insectile features. The Sith were black magicians, practicing magic arts but without the aid of the dark side of the Force. Their society was divided into three classes or castes: slaves, warriors, and nobles, and the different nobles of Sith clans often engaged in feuds and wars to show their power. It was a violent society, ripe for conquest.

Here the dark Jedi saw their chance. As they landed in their spacecraft, the Sith saw them as having fallen from the sky and worshipped them as gods. The dark Jedi then proceeded to enslave all the Sith, from nobles on down to slaves. Seeing that the Sith were so powerful in the black arts, the Jedi then interbred with the most powerful of them, forming a new breed of magicians both strong in the Sith arts and in the dark side of the Force.

Out of this new breed of Sith came the Dark Lords of the Sith, men who claimed the right to rule over all of the Sith and dark Jedi. Only one could rule at a time, and this led to more feuds and wars as the Sith lords struggled to gain the high position.

The world of the Sith lords was Korriban. Here, on this barren world, the Sith built temples carved out of the stone of the cliffs and entombed their dead. Vermin and other unnatural beasts populated the crevices and crannies and the essence of the dark side filled the tombs. Thousands of generations of Sith lords were buried here, and, later, the Dark Lords of the Sith were also entombed.

The Sith built a far-flung empire on their side of the galaxy and the Republic became memory, story, and then legend. And, strange as it was, the Republic never knew that the Sith existed.

Force Academy

Hope that clears it up.

wow thanks for clearing that up

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I cant wait in 10 years when they start making the movie Knights of the old Republic. Like the video game. Itll tell how the Jedi defeated the sith back then. Then in another 10 years we'll see episode 7. Dont you see pp cl itll never end.

[edit on 23/2/05 by Croat56]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
wow ive noticed a simularity in the Dark sith lords!!!!

and

[edit on 23-2-2005 by klain]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't think General Grievous is Sith. With Current Sith (Episode I and up).
There can only be two Sith, the Master and the Apprentice. Sith are self destructive. Darth Bane knew this and he made the rule of two. The Two at the end of Episode II were Darth Sidius (Plapatine) and Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku). I don't know maybe Early in Episode III Dooku gets killed and Grievous becomes Sith. For sure by the end of the movie the Two sith will be Sidius and Vader.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
if noone has heard i think this is the last starwars film correct me if i am wrong that is what i was told though i hope it's not the last movie because i love those movies

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78

the sith is not a cult nor is it a empire it is a teaching that was discovered a while back by the ancient dark jedi of the galaxy and then spread it to every one else

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
According to the spoiler, Anakin bumps off Dooku at the beginning of the film.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join