It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth exposes North Korea's secret prison camps

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I read up on this a few years back, and after what I read and what I looked for on google earth back then, I believe it. Most accounts of the prison camps are by those who have escaped North Korea. And the saddest part of all, of those who do escape, their families and all relatives regardless of age or health are all rounded up and sent to the camps as punishment. Cousins aunties, grandmothers infants and all. It is why so few people even try to escape, they leave having known what fate awaits all those who they love and cherish the most.

These camps make the people wish they were in line to be shot and buried in mass graves like hitlers camps, at least then the suffering would end. You can open up google Earth and find quite a few of these camps. I have noticed a few tend to be located in valleys.

It is a truly horrendous situation there, and we should have done something about it decades ago before they aqcuired the nukes.

this is a cause i would actually lay my life down for in a military intervention, because these poor people do not deserve this way of life. This state and its regime is basically equivelant to something last seen in the dark ages.

They only have a handful of nukes now, and they cannot yet be deployed my means of ICBM's. with a combined effort of Japan's, South Koreas, Americas, and Friendly European (europeans better #ing help goddamnit yall still owe us for WW2 and the Balkans twice!) we can achieve this liberation front. China be damned!! they can take it or lose the hundreds of billions of annual trade they get from everyone buying stupid cheap toys and electronics that can easily be made in home countries anyways (and were).

Quick deployment of various patriot systems and others gives us a chance to shoot down retaliatory missles in the process, as well as THAAD and ADS systems which we own and manufacture. I will volunteer for this mission even though it means certain death. Any other real men left out there with me? We just need the governments of the world on our side.

The North Korean people Do NOT deserve this treatment!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by jcarpenter

A U.S. prison with TV rooms if not in-cell TV's for many states....vocational training in many cases...counseling, medical care on demand BETTER than what many in the public can get

Whilst I don't neccessarily disagree entirely ... Supermax prisons are not the hotels that the American public make them out to be. Also many normal prisons have bad conditions or abusive staff possibly because many Americans do have that attitude that prison is meant to be torture/uncomfortable.

It's a very long topic to deconstruct though.

How is it that everything on the PLANET seems to require the discussion come back to how the U.S

Because the majority of the population on this website are American most likely, and therefore America inevitably gets brought up. I feel in the minority on ATS.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
quite unaccurate.

yes, it was 'quite unaccurate' as it's actually satire.

Inaccurate still, satire.

Funny as tho.. But I think some might be confused.

(edit to add - hilarious stuff!! lmao)

In 1994, Kim Jong Il's Exalted Father, Kim Il-Sung, died like a true revolutionary hero, falling out of a hot air balloon and thus becoming immortal. At this point, a national vote was taken and it was decided by a margin of 13 million to one that his Wise and Benevolent Son should succeed him.

The lone dissenter was beaten to death with chickens by an angry mob, even though his errant vote was an accident. For this reason (the safety of the People or North Korea), voting is no longer practised.

edit on 26-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mypan

Oh, you've got to be joking.....

At a time of record deficits, a new soccer field for detainees at Camp 6 in Guantanamo Bay is just getting the finishing touches -- at a cost of $750,000 to taxpayers.
The project was the highlight of a tour Tuesday of the detention camp for reporters at the facility covering the arraignment in a military court of Majid Khan, a former Baltimore resident and the the only legal U.S. resident on trial at Guantanamo.
Source

Is America the only country in the world that could run a prison camp where prisoners gain weight? Between April 2002 and March 2003, the Joint Task Force returned to Afghanistan 19 of the approximately 664 men (from 42 countries) who have been held in the detention camps at the U.S. Naval Base in Guantanamo Bay. Upon leaving, it has been reported, each man received two parting gifts: a brand new copy of the Koran as well as a new pair of jeans. Not the act of generosity that it might first appear, the jeans, at least, turned out to be a necessity. During their stay (14-months on average), the detainees (nearly all of them) had gained an average of 13 pounds.
Source

Let's keep perspective on what Gitmo's detention center is and isn't. Contrary to the public perception put forth by some, that is nothing remotely like Abu Ghraib Prison. Gitmo has been the showcase center the Red Cross, Senators, Media types and others get to see. There may be other locations with valid points to make but unless we're even on the same page for where and what those are...it's speculation they even exist.

I'm guessing the people in the Chinese and NK labor camps would give just about anything to have a 3/4 Million Dollar soccer field and actually have a problem gaining weight while inside.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Also, i have been an american citizen involved on the wrong end of the justice department, and it is cake! It is cake compared to anything else in this world!! Hell you can be much bigger and stronger by the time you leave then when you went in!! Trust me noone leaves a us prison half starved to death and looking like a skeleton. At least we even get to leave after our sentence is up. Do not anyone dare say American prison is anything like Korea. Not even gitmo!!! WE will force feed you even when you try to starve yourself. For #s sake they all have lawyers now thanks to obama.

Tell me how that equates to brutality on any level to Chinas or North Korea.

There is a foreign conspiracy to make Americans hate our country, and I am here to say not my country!!! For all its mistakes and corrupt political system, I find it is still freer than most European nations especially in rights to defense and speech. You cannot openly question the holocaust in Germany or many other European states without being rammed with charges and jailed. Tell me how that is FREEDOM!!!

If you dont like america then tell us to take all our aid money and shove it. WE need to stop hating on the good guys and free the Koreans!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

My bad if that actually is entirely satire for the text book..and not based in reality for an actual one. With things like this.........

At the Kaeson Kindergarten in central Pyongyang, one of several schools visited by the AP, U.S. soldiers are depicted as cruel, ghoulish barbarians with big noses and fiendish eyes. Teeth bared, they brand prisoners with hot irons, set wild dogs on women and wrench out a girl's teeth with pliers. One drawing shows an American soldier crushing a girl with his boot, blood pouring from her mouth, her eyes wild with fear and pain.

"The American imperialists and Japanese militarism are the sworn enemies of the North Korean people," reads a quote from late leader Kim Jong Il affixed to the top of one wall in a large room devoted to anti-U.S. education.

"The main theme of anti-American propaganda is not 'We must be ready for an attack' but 'We must be ready for revenge,'" Myers says. "People are being whipped up to hate the United States on the basis of past actions."
Source

... It's hard to know for sure what is real and what isn't in that nation. The reality they are taught is just a wee bit different than what's taught in the rest of the world and that one is definitely not a satire piece. Sounds like a bad place. even by the standards of that form of Government.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Seems to tie into Glimpses Publications and Glimpses Advertising. And they are tied to Nakicos Corp the parent company of Foremost Foods, Coca-Cola Beverage Co. and Subway Restaurants Guam.Seems there is a new multinational propaganda team using Guam as a base of operations. Could it be this guy?link He is a bilderberg guy. He is running Coca cola beverage company. A Turkish American. Or could it be this guy? link Peter Buck of Subway Restautants? All these companies like making donations in US from Guam. Maybe some money laundrying going on? Pay offs to start they next war so they can take over the markets to sell products? Foremost Foods I guess is ran out of the Netherlands? I can't get much info on them.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
There is a foreign conspiracy to make Americans hate our country

Americans do just fine hating it on their own.

I find it is still freer than most European nations especially in rights to defense and speech. You cannot openly question the holocaust in Germany or many other European states without being rammed with charges and jailed. Tell me how that is FREEDOM!!!

The holocaust is related to shame felt by the German people partly caused by the nations that invaded her.

While judicial efforts were handed over to German authorities, the US Army continued its efforts to denazify Germany through control of German media. The Information Control Division of the US Army had by July 1946 taken control of 37 German newspapers, six radio stations, 314 theaters, 642 cinemas, 101 magazines, 237 book publishers, and 7,384 book dealers and printers.[7] Its main mission was democratization but part of the agenda was also the prohibition of any criticism of the Allied occupation forces.
Source

As a European, I have a very different idea of what happened to free speech in Germany compared to what Americans think happened. American troops weren't always 'nice' to the civilians either.

If you dont like america then tell us to take all our aid money and shove it. WE need to stop hating on the good guys and free the Koreans!

I respect your passion and patriotism. However, no country I currently live in is on this list. The USA's contribution to the United Nations is also entirely in its own best interests, and has been used multiple times as a bargining chip.

I have no particular dislike of Americans, but I'm not sure what we need is the USA spear heading liberating the Koreans right now.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Google Earth exposes North Korea's secret prison camps

Telegraph

Human rights activists are turning to Google Earth to identify the vast network of prison camps that dot the North Korean countryside and hold as many as 200,000 people deemed hostile to the regime.

Rights groups are pushing the United Nations high commissioner for human rights to open an international investigation into Pyongyang's "deplorable" record on its citizens' rights, including a system of political prisons that has operated for more than 50 years.
(visit the link for the full news article)
Link

edit on 26-1-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/26/2013 by semperfortis because: Fix link

edit on 1/26/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

If this is true, I am interested to know why there has not been a revolution. Surely by now they are imprisoning the family members of military and police. They need the military and police to prevent a revolution....

Never underestimate the power of fear.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

One of the main reasons there has not been a rebel led civil war in North Korea is because majority, correction all, of North Koreans are brainwashed, propagated, and have no idea what goes on outside their country.

As far as we know North Korea could be telling their people that they have it 100% better then anything that is outside the borders.

Also North Korea doesn't give their people a voice. So if they grab you and throw you on a bus/train to a forced labor camp, so be it. You accept it. They cherish and praise their ruler no matter what. They are detached from reality because their truth has been silenced. Plain and simple.

Can't form a true rebellion without a voice.

-SAP-
edit on 26-1-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I bet it won't be long. I can think of more than one country we need to start revolutions in. We can't let NK continue to develop it's nuclear program in it's current state. Plain and simple. Right?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

I agree North Korea with nukes is just as bad as Iran having nukes...

If their people are going to revolt against their regime they are going to need to get people with power involved, which in my opinion won't happen. North Korea has a million man army. Kim would turn his military on his own people in a second. They would need a very large rebel force.

If outside intervention happens, it would be because they attack, say South Korea. Then I am sure there would be some kind of intervention, but the North Korean people are soo brainwashed they prolly will never revolt...

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mypan
We don't have the moral high ground as long as Gitmo still exists.

Given what passes for "government", the military-industrial-complex and prison-industrial-complex, we will only have the high ground in fables and propaganda.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by mypan
We don't have the moral high ground as long as Gitmo still exists.

Given what passes for "government", the military-industrial-complex and prison-industrial-complex, we will only have the high ground in fables and propaganda.

Sadly, you are mistaken. As it turns out we quite often do have the morale high ground. That gives you an idea of what we are dealing with out there.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Try to remove the illegal sanction and all of this would be history…

But the master of the world don’t want it that way.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

For any of you wanting to watch the full doc, Here it is.

I'm watching it right now, and it's really good.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Then someone better do it before we do what we always do. In this case, we would be completely justified.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Try to remove the illegal sanction and all of this would be history…

But the master of the world don’t want it that way.

I'm not sure who the 'master of the world' would be, but this would be a ball in North Korea's court on sanctions. When they stop playing with nuclear development specifically aimed at weapons production...it would be a start.

Of course the biggest thing would be the simplest thing they just won't agree to for even the barest technical step it would represent. They could agree to end the Korean War. The media doesn't seem to mention this much anymore but North and South Korea are still in a state of war in every legal sense.

They established a cease fire, not a peace treaty and Pyongyang won't hear of closing that chapter. You'd think it'd be a silly thing to get done and behind everyone but that is part of what keeps everyone just a little off balance and nervous about NK's thinking, IMO.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is horrible. Here I am sitting here with the iPad, music blasting through the house through the blue ray and I'm p'd off my gardener won't be here till 3pm.
And they are going through something like this. First world problems, much?

I have read some articles from people whom have escaped such places and its horrid. What they go through is disgusting and almost cult like. Reminds me of the Nazi camps- although I'm not too sure what is worse.

I loathe humanity. I really do. I project as much love and light as I can but when you know that something like this is still going just makes me sick and knowing there is not a thing I can do to help hurts even more.

Why can't we all live harmoniously and just understand that each and every one of us is special and unique.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Such a double standard.. The US (who has the largest prison population in the world) has private prison labor camps all over the country where the workers make about 5 bucks a day
edit on 1/26/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join