It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I was listening to binaural beats other day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Was trying just to sleep normally, then another obe ocurred, felt like my conscious was going to be ripped apart by the vibrations it make, seriously! I could hear all the beats vibrate inside me, didnt like the feeling, I had to concentrate really hard to teleport into lucid dream state, then it wore off.
Thought I turned it off but it was still running while i woke up.

Has anyone messed with binaural beats? any similar even like that?
edit on 26-1-2013 by aerial because: spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I must admit, I enjoyed the usefulness of binaural beats for quite a while.

Then my brain started to locate the point where the cycle repeated. It suddenly didn't matter which beat I was listening to.

click

Click

CLICK

I'm more able to fall asleep without them. I rest much better without them than I had when I started listening.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by aerial
Was trying just to sleep normally, then another obe ocurred, felt like my conscious was going to be ripped apart by the vibrations it make, seriously! I could hear all the beats vibrate inside me, didnt like the feeling, I had to concentrate really hard to teleport into lucid dream state, then it wore off.
Thought I turned it off but it was still running while i woke up.

Has anyone messed with binaural beats? any similar even like that?
edit on 26-1-2013 by aerial because: spelling

I started listening to binaural beats last year but unfortunately, haven't the time to continue practicing.

I joined this site after endless lurking to comment on this thread. Someone mentioned astral projecting and from there I discovered binaural beats.
My experience with them although short, were interesting. I couldn't 'project' myself but I felt very strong vibrations to the point where my whole body felt like it was shaking but I could never get past that point. I felt strange afterwards too, almost light headed and a bit confused.
When I get more time, I will try again but for now i'll have to wait.

Try using the beats in the morning. (unless you already do) I found when I listened to them at night, I would just fall asleep.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

decent binaural beats don't require loops or sound effects. I used to use brainwave generator that would make a 20-40-60-etc minute long audio file. It was generated so no loops.

Worked great. I wish I still had it.

A bit like iDoser but without the ignorant baloney to 'sell' it. You cannot achieve an affected state of mind as they describe.

As it is these days I sleep with simple ambient trance.. till I start to sleep then turn it off.

I'm the same as you, any noticeable repetition, and I instantly perk up again because of it. I stopped using an app on my tabled that has a whole range of sound effects in a loop, and it's brilliant for background noise saturation, but not for deep sleep.

Relax and Sleep or something.. has a sheep as the app icon.

Binaural beats though, are great things to alter your state of mind.

Ohhhh this reminds me, as I'm re-learning c++ I think I might have to convert my vb6 goggle flashing program to c++. Synchronised flashing right and left eye pieces to the frequency of the binaural beats.

The leds make a world of difference. I just don't see the point in paying hundreds for a machine to do it when I can build something to plug into an unused parallel port and apply minimal coding for the same effect.

snap, a todo for tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Been using them for a year or so but i never had any lucid dreams or OBE thus far. However i find it very hard to just stop my thoughts and focus on the sound so that probably lessens the experience.

When studying/reading i listen to Isochronic Tones or Alpha/Theta beats to help me focus and stay clear which helps me ALOT.
Also tried listening to various beats (Gamma mostly) while running but i really didnt like it for some reason.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hyperborea

Don't try to stop your thoughts. Let them come, and then let them go. Before long, you'll find it easier and easier to let them go, and you'll hear nothing but peace and quiet. It takes a little practice, but you'll get the hang of it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by aerial

I actually listened to binaural beats today. Had a wonderful, relaxing experience.

I did feel light headed after I came out of it. But it was still lovely.

I tried to let my thoughts flow out, but my imagination actually took over.

I ended up in a desert riding an elephant. It was nice. I also had one point where a man in white protected me from a man in black. It was really interesting to say the least.

Peace and love,
-nat in a hat-

top topics

join