It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunlight does NOT cause skin Cancer!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
ok - lets look at this rationally

excessive acute exposure to sunlight causes sunburn

does everyone acept this ?

if not , why not ??????, if so why do you refuse to accept that :

excessive chronic exposure to sunlight causes some skin cancers

????????????

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Everything in the video is true. I've done extensive research on vitamins and cancer.

Did you know a simple mix of 100% vitamin c power and water paste kills skin cancer. A very simple home remedy.

Source

Also our bodies need Vitamin D for healthy skin and the only way to get Vitamin D is from the sun!

Sunscreen is terrible for you.

SPF 15 filters out approximately 93 percent of all incoming UVB rays. SPF 30 keeps out 97 percent and SPF 50 keeps out 98 percent.

Did you also know that skin cancers have skyrocketed 77% in the last 20 years?

Well the sun hasn't changed in the last 20 years. But I see the sunscreen makers have come out with a lot of fancy products over the last 20 years!

Wake up people!

Skincancer.org

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Add to that the boom in tanning salons over that 20 years.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Well the sun hasn't changed in the last 20 years.

actually multiple threads on ATS dispute that claim

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I can't believe the Sun is a major concern when it comes to cancer.. It seems as though someone has used the Sun to cover their arses somewhere down the track. 'm looking at my arms now and thanks to the Sun, they look great..

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well I have a 5 inch zipper on my lower back right now that is still healing.
Yep skin cancer and I can't say what caused it if anything did at all.

I personally will caution anyone in this thread that take all information provided with a grain or even two of salt.

I lived my childhood on the beach here in Southern Ontario on the very nice sandy shores of Lake Huron.
I spend almost all day out in our yard gardening when the weather is nice and I will still do that.
I have no idea of what actually caused my issues but I will be more cautious from this winter on.....
Until it actually happens to you, there really is no thought given to it or what may cause it.

I still don't know and the surgeon had no real explanations either.

As you see by my post I am looking for answers just like most here.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema
And you have to ask yourself why would sunlight be harmful to humans, or animals for that matter. What could be more naturally healthy than sunlight? I never did believe their bulls##t from day one and you couldn't pay me money to smear that chemical crap over my body. This is one subject that always makes me see red so excuse the heat.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

Yes, because no one ever gets sunburned. Seriously, people need to start using their brain.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I dunno, I think you may be wrong here. If the cells of the body are bombarded by too much radiation, they are going to mutate or break down, which basically equates to damage. Cancer is basically a conglomeration of mutated cells if I'm not mistaken, so I do not see why sunlight could not cause cancer. I do not really know one way or the other, but that seems like a logical assumption that I just made.

Sun exposure is to your skin as strength training is to your muscle. When you strength train, your muscle fiber is initially broken down but then rebuilds itself in a stronger, healthier form. This is also the case when your skin is exposed to sunlight - it must first break down in order to rebuild itself and is stronger for this process. Sure, you can do anything too much and cause harm, but sunlight is generally very healthy.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjola

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I dunno, I think you may be wrong here. If the cells of the body are bombarded by too much radiation, they are going to mutate or break down, which basically equates to damage. Cancer is basically a conglomeration of mutated cells if I'm not mistaken, so I do not see why sunlight could not cause cancer. I do not really know one way or the other, but that seems like a logical assumption that I just made.

Sun exposure is to your skin as strength training is to your muscle. When you strength train, your muscle fiber is initially broken down but then rebuilds itself in a stronger, healthier form. This is also the case when your skin is exposed to sunlight - it must first break down in order to rebuild itself and is stronger for this process. Sure, you can do anything too much and cause harm, but sunlight is generally very healthy.

I work in geriatrics. I see the effect sun exposure has on skin. It's very easy to tell who had a job that required sun exposure because their skin is destroyed.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wore a shirt almost my entire childhood , whilst outdoors , due to being pale and shy, now years later , my whole back is coveerd in moles.
The UV perhaps penetrated my clothing.
Parents please make sure your kids wear UV resistant clothes.
They are a bit more expensive , but are essential especially in Australia.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If skin cancer rates are higher now than they were 100s of yrs ago then it has to be the modern lifestyle. IMO it is diet and environmental pollution that is contributing to mutation potential of skin as an organ. Sunscreens have chemicals that mimic estrogen. if we didn't have it on our bodies through evolution then we basically are not phisiologically adapted to them .
edit on 26-1-2013 by Bilky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
"It rubs the lotion on it's skin"

The only thing that sun screen is good for is for creating a Vitamin D deficiency in people, a deficiency which comes from the lack of sunlight.
Go figure.
Vicious cycle on all fronts.

...and another thing, all that sun screen gets washed off our bodies, makes it to fish and fishies, and begins to feminize the male fish.
If this effect has been having the same effect on humans, it would certainly explain quite a lot.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I find this interesting. Skinn cancer sunblock correlation?

graemethomasonline.com...
edit on 26-1-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
More people work in doors these days. So your skin is not going to be use to the sun. I work out doors I wear a T-shirt and shorts in the summer and I dont wear sunscreen. Now if I go to the beach to get rid of the farmers tan I notice the difference and I need to put sunscreen on my back and front until there is a base tan. I feel alot better in the spring and summer time. Sun is essential for health and mood. As the guy in the video said it is nutrition that is important.

edit on 26-1-2013 by celticdog because: forgot to inserting video

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Wow some serious ignorance going on here, sunlight may have been natural in the past I don't know, and im sure in moderation we need it, just like sodium, protein, vitamin C etc... Over exposure is OBVIOUSLY devastating. I live in a fishing town in Africa and you guys tell fisherman the sun is good for them, also what about different locations, look at Australia, not making your children wear a hat borders on child abuse.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
I find this interesting. Skinn cancer sunblock correlation?

graemethomasonline.com...
edit on 26-1-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

People still rarely wear sunscreen, I spend my summers on the beach, I stay in the shade and apply every hour, I still get a tan, but most people don't care, they still stay in the sun between 11 and 3pm in fact where I stay you would get sunburn between 9 and 5pm.

What about the correlation with people that actually put on sunscreen?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

You won't get far talking common sense with many zealots here.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hah.. I like the people insinuating that it's a disinfo conspiracy to sell sunscreen. If anything, it's a conspiracy to keep us from getting our due amount of Vitamin D, but even that's debatable. Whether Mike Adams & Co. are correct on this one (and I wouldn't doubt if they were, especially with this particular issue), I'd say a Vitamin D defficiency is way more of a contributing factor in getting cancer of any kind than sunlight is.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
Hah.. I like the people insinuating that it's a disinfo conspiracy to sell sunscreen. If anything, it's a conspiracy to keep us from getting our due amount of Vitamin D, but even that's debatable. Whether Mike Adams & Co. are correct on this one (and I wouldn't doubt if they were, especially with this particular issue), I'd say a Vitamin D defficiency is way more of a contributing factor in getting cancer of any kind than sunlight is.

How long do you have to be in the sunlight to get enough vitamin D? Hint, it's not long.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
this is probably correct, and is fairly well accepted within the science community.

sunlight as cause is the short-answer. the long-answer is that sunlight breaks the unstable bonds within toxic organic chemicals at the surface of the skin, causing free radicals.....which then wreak havoc on the cellular structures, resulting in cancer.

a certain degree of toxic overload, combined with sustained sunlight, increses risk significantly.

wow.. !

this answer sounds a cut & paste directly off wiki .. !! or is this your knowledge of the subject ...just say'n

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join