It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunlight does NOT cause skin Cancer!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Think sunlight alone can cause skin cancer? So did I! But according to the guy in this video, it doesn't. In fact, it actually protects against skin cancer! Watch and see for yorself. Very interesting stuff.

tv.naturalnews.com...
edit on 25-1-2013 by Neutradol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neutradol
Think sunlight alone can cause skin cancer? So did I! But according to the guy in this video, it doesn't. In fact, it actually protects against skin cancer! Watch and see for yorself. Very interesting stuff.

tv.naturalnews.com...

My father worked outside his entire life, he's in his upper 60's now, and I've been working outside in the sun for atleast 13+ years now, and I haven't had any adverse effects, and nor has my dad. I've never really bought into the "sun causes skin cancer" thing. The human body is suppose to absorb sunlight, it's part vitamin D intake.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

tv.naturalnews.com...

Sun light causes skin cancer?

I started to have my doubts when they started marketing sunscreen...all double digit factors of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

tv.naturalnews.com...

Sun light causes skin cancer?

I started to have my doubts when they started marketing sunscreen...all double digit factors of it.

Yeah, I personally think that the sunscreen itself is what causes skin cancer, also with the tanning oil as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Or those damn tanning booths.
I think it's more in what you are genetically adapted to.
And sunscreen.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
My buddy lived out in Vegas for six years, the first half of the 2000's, during the housing boom and I went out several times a year on extended stays while he was out there so I could get my poker fix. Anyways, point of the story is that during that housing boom there was a lot of Mexicans doing the roofing in 100 degree sun every day year round. If the sun caused skin cancer there'd be a lot of Mexicans running around with it right now or be dead already! What a sham that became, just to sell some sunscreen. It's not the God-given sunlight that harms us, it's the chemicals in sunscreen. Oh yeah, and the tanning beds.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Actually most skin cancers are very easily removed and are generally harmless. There are a few rare forms which are deadly but those are a very small percentage.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I dunno, I think you may be wrong here. If the cells of the body are bombarded by too much radiation, they are going to mutate or break down, which basically equates to damage. Cancer is basically a conglomeration of mutated cells if I'm not mistaken, so I do not see why sunlight could not cause cancer. I do not really know one way or the other, but that seems like a logical assumption that I just made.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I dunno, I think you may be wrong here. If the cells of the body are bombarded by too much radiation, they are going to mutate or break down, which basically equates to damage. Cancer is basically a conglomeration of mutated cells if I'm not mistaken, so I do not see why sunlight could not cause cancer. I do not really know one way or the other, but that seems like a logical assumption that I just made.

I agree that if there was too much UV radiation bombarding your skin we're talking a different story here, but under normal sunlight conditions it would take quite a bit. IMO anyways, because why wouldn't there be much higher skin cancer rates in the tropics?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
And you have to ask yourself why would sunlight be harmful to humans, or animals for that matter. What could be more naturally healthy than sunlight? I never did believe their bulls##t from day one and you couldn't pay me money to smear that chemical crap over my body. This is one subject that always makes me see red so excuse the heat.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Also, to add to my previous post, everything is set up perfectly so that life exists as we know it. Ozone allows the perfect amount of UV so that we are comfortable. Deplete the ozone then we're in trouble, UV will increase to dangerous radiation levels. IMO that's the only way sunlight would cause cancer, is in dangerous UV levels because of ozone depletion.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
this is probably correct, and is fairly well accepted within the science community.

sunlight as cause is the short-answer. the long-answer is that sunlight breaks the unstable bonds within toxic organic chemicals at the surface of the skin, causing free radicals.....which then wreak havoc on the cellular structures, resulting in cancer.

a certain degree of toxic overload, combined with sustained sunlight, increses risk significantly.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Neutradol

Anyone remember this song? Every word is good advice...Except the bit about sunscreen...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
In the short time I have been here I have noticed two threads based on these Natural News peoples site.

One thread was telling people chemotherapy does not work and now this one telling people the sun does not cause skin cancer.

I find this extremely dangerous information to be peddling and no one, under any circumstance should take there advice seriously and would go so far as to say the poster linking to there site are more than likely doing it for the sole purpose of generating traffic.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
skin cancer is caused often by being too clean. If we don't have the necessary oils in our skin it becomes a problem. If we wash with soaps that wash away our defense against cancer, we become susceptable. Chloride and fluoride added to the water don't help either. I am in no way saying people don't need a shower but I am saying that sometimes don't use the soaps that can harm the body. Some cosmetics and creams are good for the skin but a lot have chemistry that is bad. Propylene glycol is not really good for the skin yet it is in many things. Things that plump the skin and result in a loss of permeability are a problem, this does not allow the skin to get rid of toxins and causes a loss of the hooks that hold the skin to the muscle for those who do not get rashes. There are two kinds of skin, one that is sensitive to things and one that can take chemicals well. The problem is that there is no tell tale rash in some people, just a loosening and sagging of the skin as the hooks get dissolved. The hooks are made of elastins, the body can replace them if it has the right chemicals. We need to eat elastins so they are available.

If the skin is healthy there is little chance of getting skin cancer unless a rare genetic problem exists or a mutation has occurred. Diet is important also, and I am not talking about the stupid diet that they tout as healthy here in America. The western diet is a sales pitch of capitalism.
edit on 25-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Good post Rickymouse, some good information. It would seem that very light skinned people, redheads, etc., are more susceptible to the sun and dark-skinned people aren't. Those are two types of skin.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Nah the guy in the OP and those good well informed people at Natural News says your wrong. They reckon the sun helps protect you against cancer.

Based on this info im going to get sun burn every day for the next 5 years while smoking 200 cigarettes every half hour, just to prove them right and show everyone how cancer free I will be.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I got the kind of skin that rarely gets a rash. I learned of this when I was young. My cousins broke out from poison Ivy but I only got real itchy. The doctor said that this is a difference in the skin of people. I read a half a dozen articles addressing this a while back, it has something to do with the chemical structure of the skin.

I can work with battery acid and it does not burn me. I can use a lot of inorganic chemicals with no rash even though they should melt my skin. Some people have this kind of skin while others have the other kind. It is probably a response to something that happened many generations ago.

Everyone is different, it does not make us better or worse than others. Some of these chemicals still get absorbed and effect the organs and brain though. Just because my skin does not show evidence of this does not mean that it doesn't still poison me though. The only thing that I have found that makes me break out is tranny fluid and many shampoos. The only thing these things have in common is an organic chemical...Propylene Glycol. Eating food with this chemical also makes me get hard breathing and stomach problems. It took me years to figure this out. Real vanilla has no reaction but ones with half propylene glycol make me have problems. Simple thing to avoid, I now check the cans and boxes before buying them.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Like Mike Adams (Health Ranger) says in the video, getting proper nutrition in the form of antioxidants and common sense is the key to preventing skin cancer from sunlight. A light-skinned person doesn't need as much sun exposure as a dark-skinned person for their bodies to produce a healthy amount of vitamin D.

Eat your fruits & veggies in abundance and get reasonable sun exposure for your specific skin color and you'll be fine.

Beware sunscreens and tanning lotions.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Adverse Drug Reactions put 2.2 million people in hospitals and 106,000 died, "making these reactions between the fourth and sixth leading cause of death." Journal of American Medical Assoc, 4-15-1998

I checked out the OP's posting history, seems this is the only thing they've linked from NN. He probably just comes here to talk about stuff, like most people here. Like alternatives to the 'cutting, burning and poisoning' approach that modern medicine is so wrapped up in.
Are you a health professional?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join