It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Owners Refuse to Register Under New York Law

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
i WONT register mine EVER.. I am in TX and I doubt texas will let this happen but even if they do, I will not be on a list.

If I had firearms I would register them.
But I don't.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Glad I don't live there because......oh wow...your not going to believe this...I got up to go to the fridge...and while i was gone someone broke into my house....and get this...they took all my guns and ammo and twinkies....guess that leaves me out...dang the luck anyway

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Thanks for your condescending reply. I expect no less from your ilk.

Did you read the definition of infringe? What part of that did you fail to understand?

As to the rest of your diatribe... It is total b.s.

Our founders knew what they meant and meant what they said!

Guns are already regulated, SCOTUS has backed up those regulations.

So your argument is really flat.

As for the founding father quotes, sorry, I don't romanticize and worship them like you seem to do. They were men, they had faults, and for the most part I have little respect for men founding a country on freedom while allowing and even owning slaves. They could not see the future, they could not anticipate how our society has evolved, and they knew this...this is why they made sure the Constitution wasn't set in stone and could be amended and interpreted for the future.

I don't need a civics class, but you may need to stop looking at the founders as gods and believing their word is infallible.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

We are all watching this.

I live in Wisconsin. It's been pretty silent here, except for the Milwaukee county sheriff who said the citizens should have a gun, know how to use it, and rely on their own self-protection instead of relying on calling 911 and expecting the police to show up to "save" them.

I don't know a household here in WI that doesn't have at least one gun. We're certainly not "registering" anymore than we have, and certainly not giving them up.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Yes, you do need a constitutional law class, not taught by an idiot like barack hussien obama.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

They say that fools seldom appreciate sacrifices that were made on their behalf. I believe that is because they fail to recognize the value of what was fought for. Hubris is a dangerous enemy.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join