It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Owners Refuse to Register Under New York Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Gun Owners Refuse to Register Under New York Law

www.thenewamerican.com...

After Democrats in New York rammed a sweeping assault on the right to keep and bear arms through the legislature that failed to exempt police officers from the draconian restrictions, gun owners and even some lawmakers are planning what has been dubbed potentially the largest act of civil disobedience in state history. According to news reports, gun rights activists are urging everyone to defy far-left Governor Andrew Cuomo’s new registration mandate while daring authorities to “come and take it.”

This situation could get really ugly in the State of New York.

The cops did not get a pass on the law so they are up in arms literately. I am going to be watching this issue closely and see how the state will handle an outright civil rights fight in that state. I guess now we wait and see how the state of NY will respond to 1 million rifle owners in that state if they flat refuse to register their firearms.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
And if the government wants to play this game then law enforcement and military should NOT get special considerations. Police should be required to surrender their weapons at their precinct armory at end-of-shift. Just wait, the anti-gunners will come back with 'oh, well, we'll exempt police and military'. Keeping law enforcement on the side of the citizenry is key to fighting this. If they get a pass manyt won't care what restrictions are placed on the rest of us. Just like polticians who are carrying expect they'll be exempt.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i WONT register mine EVER.. I am in TX and I doubt texas will let this happen but even if they do, I will not be on a list.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i bet they will skew the numbers of people who do register in order to get more people to register. on a side note , i placed a couple orders for mags for my 10/22 , and both companies that i dealt with asked me if i was a new york resident before even knowing what i was going to order. the back orders for magazines are ridiculous. may 24th at the earliest and that can change.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
i WONT register mine EVER.. I am in TX and I doubt texas will let this happen but even if they do, I will not be on a list.

I think it's a very safe bet from hearing them talk on the subject down there that even if the State of Texas can be forced to go along with it, Texans themselves absolutely will not. (Include Missouri with that..and Oklahoma if I'm not terribly mistaken)

I always wondered what could or would cause a large % of the overall population to stand in open and clear defiance of the federal authorities. I'm almost sorry now to have seen it play out to know the answer.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

All it takes is that one person to abide by it and register to screw it up for the rest of us.

Also about magazines, i called Smith & Wesson about 12 round magazines, (not for NY) but asked if they would be grandfathered in if the big bills passed... no answer. His boss didn't know and he couldn't answer when they would be in stock again.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I read that one of the state law makers in Oklahoma invited Remington to move their plant to the Sooner State. It will take jobs from the state of NY and transfer them to a very gun friendly state. There might be more than 1 million of those scary black guns in the city of Tulsa alone. Gun registration/confiscation in the State of OK will never happen unless the nuke us.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

Unconstitutional laws need not be obeyed – Unconstitutional laws aren’t laws - Period.

New Yorkers will be the first of many citizens nation wide to stand against this unconstitutional law and the usurpers who try to enforce it. The state and Cuomo are responsible for whatever happens.

edit on 25-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've always been a bit perplexed as to how registration after the fact can be enforced.

If there was no record yesterday and I fail to register my rifle today how will it be enforced tomorrow?

Registering, or voluntarily submitting yourself to the whims of an authoritarian bureaucracy, seems like the stupidest thing any person could do.

Seems completely unenforceable to me. Sure, if you do something that gets the cops involved in your life they may discover that your rifle isnt registered but at that point you likley have bigger problems than an unregistered rifle to deal with but in typical use at ranges there is no way to tell upon simple visual inspection that a rifle is registered or not and I doubt very much that NY has the resources to stop and check every single rifle they see.

Dont they still have a shoreline to rebuild? Priorities Cuomo. Priorities.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

If the cops get a pass there is no way the law would work. You can't tell some people they can have these guns and some people they can't. The law is idiotic.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Here's a word of advice from hard-earned life lessons ( for dclifeskater):
I'M NOT GONNA SAY WHAT I'M NOT GONNA DO
otherwise it's an invitation to retaliatory response for a perceived future action not-yet realized.

Right again Wrabbit, Texans won't allow their State guaranteed Constitutional rights to be overridden by an unruly congressional act. I think the Governor has "Molon Labe" or the more colloquial "Come and Get 'em" engraved on his cowboy boots! While I don't often agree with him, we've achieved solidarity on this issue.

ganjoa

edit on 25-1-2013 by ganjoa because: added poster name

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I personally know 17 NYers that have said they are going to ignore it. They are tired of the games.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

If Oklahoma won't take them, Missouri would sure welcome the employment. Same goes for Springfield Armory out of Southern Illinois. It was crazy years back when my Father had a major range accident due to a reloading error in ammunition and 'blew up' an M-14 Rifle. He sent it to Springfield Armory and they examined and eventually replaced it. He was an impatient person and offered to simply drive over to Illinois to pick it up rather than mess with the shipping back.

They had to explain that due to Illinois firearm laws, they could accept it being shipped to them, they could ship it back to him and they could manufacture the rifles in Illinois. However, they couldn't sell them there and he couldn't pick his up personally without violating state law.

What sense does that make? These manufacturers need to pull their tax base from states that basically hate everything about them and make no bones about saying it by what's passed and done.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

In some places, one cannot just drive out into the middle of nowhere and do some target practice.

I'm quite sure that in the future, if you want to use a shooting range you'll have to provide registration information on the guns you are using.

I think that's the plan anyway. It would force law abiding citizens into registration just so they can use their guns.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I don't know about the entire state (like.. the western half), but I don't really hear too many people in Kentucky worrying about it. I have heard of at least one KY sherriff saying he wont enforce any ban. Of course prices have sky rocketed I have seen WASR 10's going for 1200 bucks (and a post ban 10 shot one going for 900!), I have seen mags upped to 60 - 70 bucks, and 5-700 dollar AR's at 1500 and 2000, but all that is natural. As for people really worrying.. not really.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

These manufacturers need to pull their tax base from states that basically hate everything about them and make no bones about saying it by what's passed and done.

Absolutely. I never understood why so many manufacturers would stay in CT and MA. These northeast states were basically built on the firearms industry then they turn around and bite the hand that feeds over and over yet the companies remain.

There is no shortage of states with less taxes and less legal nonsense that would happily accept them and the jobs they bring.

If I were Colt or Smith and Wesson I would have jumped ship decades ago.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i have an appendage they can register..... my brain.
and the gun store clerk knows who i am, my friends know who i am, who else registers that i'm cool? strangers in uniforms compensating for their lack of self control by saying "you gotta trust me" i trust my aim

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

There is a pretty big GS happening in Tulsa over the weekend. I am betting they are going to be busy. Ammo dealers sold out on the last one. You could not find an AK variant for less than a grand and twice that for an AR variant. A case of 5.56 was nearly 3 times the price at the same show last year.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I will say it in here as well as many other threads, never in my life have I ever seen ammo sold out everywhere locally as is right now. Not to mention firearms.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
I will say it in here as well as many other threads, never in my life have I ever seen ammo sold out everywhere locally as is right now. Not to mention firearms.

I’ve had the same experience. I went to 6 gun stores and 3 big box stores this week looking for a certain caliber. Thankfully, I finally found what I was looking for yesterday.

I now have a better idea what it will feel like if/when our delicate food chain is ever interrupted. The shelves in the stores are bare….I’ve seen it first-hand! It is a very helpless feeling and I feel for those who didn’t see this coming and stock up on ‘essentials’ before this run started.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join