It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Owners Refuse to Register Under New York Law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I think Liberals believe, if you don't register your guns then your simply a criminal. If you are ever found out they will arrest you or add the charges to something else your convicted of. All they really want to do is say its a criminal offence. They want to put people in a box, say they are criminals. That makes them feel better, they being the gun grabbers. They assume those they "gift" with weapons (Law Enforcement) will simply do their bidding. Arrest and/or kill those that oppose the law if they can find them.

So, it's your typical liberal feelings-based BS. Whether you turn them in or not, they will catch you when you get pulled over, or your neighbor rats you out, or a disgruntled ex-spouse calls the cops and drops the dime on their husband. The Left figures they will get you Gun Nuts a bit at a time. It will scare the other law abiding citizens and in 20-30 years, the owning guns will be an anachronism from an earlier "less evolved" time.

They don't want war, they want to start the process of disarming people who could legitimately confront them. They don't worry about criminals with guns because they could never legitimately hold power. The State would always be able to wield a bigger stick than any criminal organization. Remember i'm saying what "Their" point of view is.

I think that's where the elitist gun grabbers beliefs lie. I also think they grossly underestimate the kind of $hit storm they would truly create. But that's what happens when you live in a ivory tower. You forget how the real world actually works.

V

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Billionaire New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.... I wonder if he is one of the financial elites who have just been outed for hording 32 trillion dollars in off shore accounts?
Can you imagine why someone like him would want to disarm the citizens of this country?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsawWHATtheyDID
i bet they will skew the numbers of people who do register in order to get more people to register. on a side note , i placed a couple orders for mags for my 10/22 , and both companies that i dealt with asked me if i was a new york resident before even knowing what i was going to order. the back orders for magazines are ridiculous. may 24th at the earliest and that can change.

My local store had 30 round AR mags today, three different brands including MagPul. The manufacturers are pumping them out by the millions now.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Edit: It DOES require people to register their "assault rifles". I guess that's what the stink is about.

The "registering" is simply a pre-cursor to enable future confiscation, we all know this and will NEVER comply.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

That is awesome news. Thanks for sharing that. Can you specify the state we are talking about? I will know more this weekend as the GS will be the tell of the market. People willing to pay 15 bucks to get into a show is a clear demonstration of the market forces brought on by this situation. Shows selling out on everything tells us people are voting with their wallets when it comes to this gun grab.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot

Originally posted by IsawWHATtheyDID
i bet they will skew the numbers of people who do register in order to get more people to register. on a side note , i placed a couple orders for mags for my 10/22 , and both companies that i dealt with asked me if i was a new york resident before even knowing what i was going to order. the back orders for magazines are ridiculous. may 24th at the earliest and that can change.

My local store had 30 round AR mags today, three different brands including MagPul. The manufacturers are pumping them out by the millions now.

Yes the demand for firearms and accessories is definitely stimulating the economy at least for a few. I personally know of 3 gun shops that had to hire extra help to meet the demand, and I also know of a few manufacturers who are actively hiring to help meet demand as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Luckily, none of my guns are on those lists, of course, if I had any guns on those lists, they'd probably be "stolen".

I honestly don't get why the anti-gun people are so dead set on gun banning. If they were that dangerous, wouldn't there be at least one death per gun?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

Those seeking to take the guns are looking to this as a test case. Since it seems to be failing them, expect more pushing in other ways, such as (and we have already seen this starting) making children afraid to play, by punishing them for any "gun" play, etc. The "brainwashing" that Holder spoke of will be rolling full speed ahead, as they try and push people into thinking guns are evil. The infringement on private health matters will worsen. More shooter cases will be set up and carried out. Anything and everything they can do, they will do, in an attempt to convince people to surrender their weapons and walk willing into the slaughterhouse.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
they should just declare their weapons...as "UNDOCUMENTED" weapons...then they'll be able to keep them!

it works for illegal immigrants...why not apply the law to law abiding citizens, protecting their constitutional rights!!?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
why dont illegal immigrants have to register with the government.....oh yeah!! they are afraid of being deported.....just like gun registration...they will come for them!

criminals dont have to register their guns....they are not allowed by law to do so.....that violates the 5th amendment. if they register they are testifying against themselves to a crime, since they cant legally own a weapon.

only law abiding citizens are commiting a crime by not registering their firearms!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SynMorph
Many will comply, but a hell of a lot more will stand up and say, "No." Period. They'll be labeled disruptors, criminals, truthers with an agenda, (which has become the new kind of terrorist on the net according to the mainstream), revolutionists, etc.

There's plenty of room in the Halliburton camps to accommodate us all. It appears this might be the exact reason they built/restored them.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
"Law-abiding citizens" would register their weapons and comply with the law.

Otherwise, y'all just criminals like the ones you're so frightened of.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I thought this was a quick "money grab" for NYS, as if they don't have enough of them. But, with it being free, it is very fishy.

Registration leads to confiscation..

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Register - up that! From my cold dead fingers!

Friday, February 8, 2013, 10:00 - 12:00 am

edit on 26-1-2013 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2013 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

That would only be valid if not registering guns lead to rape, murder and home invasions....... You know, real crimes.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Since newspapers now publish the names and addresses of registered gun owners, I can't see why anyone in NY would register one. More unintended consequences of Liberal policies. Register a gun, become a target for criminals.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ok you now have had a night to ponder through these pages we supplied. Where are all these examples you were touting earlier, about how you have look over the laws and people are knee jerking and blowing it out of proportion. For anyone else following this thread, In my opinion there a a few members here with a boat load of stars next to their name that think they are holier than thou, that they run the place or something and when they can't win an argument they disappear. I know I am not the only one that sees this.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I agree with you on that as New York is like as liberal test ground. If it is too liberal for New York then the rest of the nation is not about to adopt these same measures.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I agree. If you actually look at what they are considering an assault weapon its crazy, they are almost calling all semi-autos an assault weapon. From rifles to shotguns to handguns. Pretty much we can have and not register muzzle loaders, bolt actions, pump shotguns, and stock handguns.

Just take a look at the NYS website for the FAQ's of the law. Here >>>> NYS Gun ban FAQ
Specifically look at the pdf's for how to tell if your various guns are assault weapons. Wait till the feds try to pull this crap.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It would seem that reason would be to make sure the average person is out gunned by criminals.

A real shame politicians even consider these laws. They don't mention anything about addressing disarming of criminals. Guess regular people are the criminals.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join