It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Council Member Despot Gets Owned! - Tries Throwing Out War Vet With CCW Permit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

It can be a little overwhelming to try and read every post of every thread, but sometimes the answers are already there.

Back on page two I pointed out exactly where the video "cut" to the mayor.

My opinion is that it was done for the "purpose" of time, but you'll have to decide for yourself.

edit on 25-1-2013 by lernmore because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Oh, I so hope those two council members get hell for this. I want this on every MSM! I'm not a fan of msm, but at least they could mention it in a story.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
Oh, I so hope those two council members get hell for this. I want this on every MSM! I'm not a fan of msm, but at least they could mention it in a story.

If the motion would have passed it would have been on the MSM - with the headline Small Town America Supports gun control...

However, since it was a win for freedom and rights it doesn't rate even mentioning.

Sad but that is just the way they roll...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Hmm
The number of attendees seemed to shrink massively though
When the vet took the stand there was rows of people
When the camera covered the attendees again, but a handful remain

Edit
22 attendees at the start
6 mins later ........5 !

edit on 25-1-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

This is Washington state... Arguably the third most liberal state in the United States (California & Massachusetts being even more liberal). People with common sense are in short supply here.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by xedocodex

What made him a threat to the Constitution?

Was he going to take that mans gun away from him?

He was requesting that a licensed gun owner should be disarmed

And?

That isn't "unconstitutional", in fact, the Constitution doesn't even apply here because this councilman isn't representing the Federal Goverment and wasn't "disarming" him.

You don't have the right to carry your gun anywhere you please...if you think you do, go ahead and stroll into an airport with your gun, or a court, or the whitehouse....go ahead...and complain about how "unconstitutional" it is when they tell you that you can't carry your gun there.

And the reason it was unconstitutional in this case is that there is NO law abridging the right to bear arms in that chamber.

So quit putting up strawmen...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Those trying to make the 2nd Amendment thing into a Republican vs Democrat or left vs right issue could not be more wrong. My views go so far to the left they wrap around to the right and touch. And I could not be more in favor of the 2nd Amendment. All my left-leaning mainstream friends could not be more pro-2nd Amendment. Yet my grandmother, the hardest of the hardcore republicans who thinks George W. Bush is one of the greatest men who have ever lived could not be more ANTI gun. Not everything applies to a partisan hate fest.

Nicely said...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

thanks

the editing makes it look like the whole place walked out...purposful....eh..probably not not....but still a good example of civility and logic with a touchy subject

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I finally watched video. Cool. F**K that council member that walked out.

But, maybe i'm reaching here...... what is weird to me, is that the head honcho had a framed bill of rights next to him the whole time? Which leads me to ponder - was this setup?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Absolutely bloody fantastic.

Bravo!

TRUE, HONEST and SINCERE politicians at work and the reason the traitors who are intent on ripping away yours and your families rights, on the march to turning America into a communist gulag WILL FAIL.

You see that Mr. President? That's how real politicians operate.

You'd better get used to it, because you're going to be seeing a hell of a lot more of it soon enough.

Thanks for posting OP.

edit on 25-1-2013 by MysterX because: error

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
I finally watched video. Cool. F**K that council member that walked out.

But, maybe i'm reaching here...... what is weird to me, is that the head honcho had a framed bill of rights next to him the whole time? Which leads me to ponder - was this setup?

No..it does prove something else a LOT more interesting...there are politicians who mean what they say, and take such pride in their duty when they swear a solemn oath to defend the rights of free Americans, they keep their oath framed beside them where they carry out their duty.

I can think of more than a few others, who would do well to emulate that.

ETA: I also have a framed copy of my oath of allegiance i swore almost 30 years ago...those who mean it, value it.
edit on 25-1-2013 by MysterX because: added comment

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wow, congratulations to the city council for upholding the Constitution! This councilman is an idiot for trying to ask a War Vet to give up his gun when he has a license to carry a concealed weapon. This man is a war vet who was injured trying to protect our rights and this man tries to throw him out of a council meeting where he is voicing his opinion. The vet stated that he would give up his life to protect people, even strangers. I don't even understand why this councilman had a problem with a war vet carrying a gun. It just another way some in the government want to get their hands on our guns. I loooove that mayor! He called those douches out, talking about how these were the same members who wanted to get rid of hats! He also called the councilman out for not honoring his oath and upholding the constitution.
I agree with the Vet also that enough parents don't teach their children about guns.
I am from a southern state and I started shooting when I was 8, I had a BB gun, and I loved shooting it, but my parents taught me about guns and safety from 6 on. I learned how to handle them, and be safe with them. I was taught that guns are dangerous weapons that should never ever be played with. You never aim a gun at anyone or anything unless you are ready to shoot., I was taught that if i ever saw a gun at a friends house I should go tell a parent immediately and if a friend was playing with a gun, to tell them to put it away and run to an adult. My parents kept guns locked up where kids couldn't get to them. In my community many many kids go hunting with their parents or shoot with them, everyone has guns here, but we have never had a issue like a school shooting or the like, because people here teach their children about guns from a young age.

I have emailed this clip to friends and family, this video should be seen!
protect our 2nd amendment rights!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins

S&F my friend.

A rare win for law and common sense. I wish that even a small percentage of UK citizens had such a reasonable and mature attitude on this subject.

I think the guy who walked should be disciplined for leaving his post. I can see an awful future where the anti gun crowd begin stating guns are against their religious beliefs, and therefore people in the same room as them must be disarmed.

There's often fighting and bitching between US and UK members (including myself), but I still view every American as a brother/sister and when TSHTF as far as I'm concerned we're in it together and we'll be rooting for you as much as I hope you'll be rooting for us.

I feel exactly the same way.

Nice post.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thank you for that post TRUE AMERICAN, S&F. I as a new CCW citizen am quite uncomfortable carrying and wouldn't even think to do it in a forum such as that. Hats off the Mr Dudley and the fabulous and true statement he made. We may have the right to carry, doesn't mean you won't be arrested or possibly even shot for doing so.
I will say just as the military gentleman did, if put in the position, I wouldn't think twice to protect more than just myself. I also realize that doing such can more than endanger my life, I would also risk the chance of losing everything I have worked so hard for in my life. I may have the right to carry, but I risk much more than a peace officer if I choose to protect ANYONE.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

1. It does not matter if the guy represents the Federal government or any other level. That is not how the Constitution works. The government does not grant anybody anything. The Constitution states we have rights and outlines how the government safeguards those rights. The government has a a defined lane. The citizen owns the rest.

Actually, it doesn't even safeguard those rights...it just prevents the Federal Government to do certain things. However, it doesn't prohibit a group of citizens from deciding that they don't want weapons at their city council meetings.

2. While it is true there have been "laws" established as of late expanding the government's domain and reducing the citizen's lane (e.g. Patriot Act), that does not make it good or right. Matter of fact, that expansion is arguably unconstitutional. This example just captures that set of circumstances very well.

If we are going to respect the Constitution, then lets respect it fully. The Constitution grants the Supreme Court the authority to deem what is and is not Constitutional. Until the time the SCOTUS deems a law unconstitutional, we should respect it as the law of the land. You are free to protest against it, petition to get it challenged...but you do not have the right to ignore it.

and as one of those whacked out war vets myself, I take no offense to your opinion of me. I feel strongly you have a right to voice your opinion and I am glad you have a forum to do so.

Don't take my statement of fact that many soldiers suffer from mental issues after being in combat as an insult, I still respect what they do, even if I don't always agree with the orders they have to follow.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I dislike weapons and despise guns. If I had my way I would actually remove the permits completely. I don't carry a weapon nor have a permit. The only reason I feel comfortable with that is that I know other people have them. Sure I have been mugged and taken my beatings. Now I have a family to protect and I am armed at home. I need to get a permit but the only thing stopping me is the fact that they'll be tracked by guys like the one in this video. The whole idea is to avoid thugs not acquire a permit to have more thugs watch me.
edit on 25-1-2013 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyNeutron

And the reason it was unconstitutional in this case is that there is NO law abridging the right to bear arms in that chamber.

LOL.

That doesn't make it unconstitutional. If a group of citizens decide they don't want an armed man in their meeting, then they can vote and do so.

Gun owners aren't given the privledge to trample other peoples rights either.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
I for one shot the mayor a quick email saying thanks for standing up for all of our 2nd amendment rights. We need to vocally support these great leaders, even if we can't support them with a vote!

[email protected]

just that easy.

Thanks for that.
I wrote him as well.

If they are gonna take flak from all sides the least we could do is let them know when they aren't screwing up.

Now I wonder what sort of scandal will be used to ruin his career?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

That doesn't make it unconstitutional. If a group of citizens decide they don't want an armed man in their meeting, then they can vote and do so.

Just so you are aware - the legislatures make law. A group of citizens can't just vote an armed man out of their meeting if he is doing nothing illegal because they have fear issues.... Just like a group can't vote someone to sit outside because of the color of their tie or their hair style...the fear of the majority in that case doesn’t trump the law.

Sorry. What if a group of citizens who feared black (or any group of people for that matter) men voted them out... you ok with that.

Gun owners aren't given the privledge to trample other peoples rights either.

I mean what gives blacks the privilege of making other people be in a situation in which they are afraid or uncomfortable?

What you are suggesting is complete and utter tyranny of the majority under which the small minority group must cede their rights because they make the majority feel scared... Not how a republic works.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

That was beautiful! The majority of that city council did exactly the right thing, in holding to the oath they all took. The mayor is a gem, in not only pointing that oath out, but offering an apology for the two foolish, anti-rights clowns that left. As for them, well, I guess they should remove themselves from office, since they don't want to hold to the oath they took. I hope not just that the video goes viral, but that the actions we saw do as well. Constitutional support for more and more politicians, and walking out (hopefully for good) of those that don't have any respect for the rights of others. If all the whiny babies like that pack up their toys and go home, we could start back towards having a nation that respects freedom again!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Screwed

HA!

I don't see why we just don't split the country down the middle, and each side go to the one they want to be on. They could even have their own separate governments. I mean I keep hearing how the country "is so divided". Then fine. Let's divide the damn thing physically and be DONE with this BS.

I swear.

And right in the middle there could be the Demilitarized Zone, too.

The democrats can tax themselves to death and have a massive government handing out what they don't have, and come crying and screaming over the boarder when the money runs out. Except this time we'd tell them to go straight to hell.

Ah, but there are a LOT of guns in the middle. I say, let them all go live in California. Maybe we would get lucky, and a quake would knock them into the Pacific.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join